FFGEvan

AMA with Andrew Navaro

• Given how quickly reprints keep selling out, are there plans to produce new Arkham Files Novellas?
  • Are there plans to create more content with the Oracle system (Legacy of Dragonholt), either inside or outside the Terrinoth setting?

I realize both require greater story writing and story management than almost any other board game (with the exception of L5R).

LCGs were a fantastic innovation, but it seems that several of them are running up against the limitations of the format; larger barriers to entry, slow (or non-existent, so far) card tunover to rotate out old design, high number of SKUs for stores to stock, etc etc. They still seem like an ideal distribution format for the co-ops, but in need of rethinking for the competitive games. Any thoughts on how to iterate on the success of the LCG format to shore up some of its apparent shortcomings?

Are there any plans for the other Star Wars miniatures games to eventually move to an App based system like X Wing?  I've heard mixed reviews of that app, but I like the idea of being able to dynamically update units that are not as efficient. 

Also, what is the process for generating a RRG update?  Keyforge currently has several rulings that have been made at events that have created potentially contradictory game states. But there has not been an update in months to address these. Similar issues have occurred in the past for Armada. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Fallenone2016 said:

What is the current status with the Tannhäuser IP? I would love to see anything new, remastering the core game, or using the IP for something else. 

Would love to get into a new edition of this game, especially if it included solo, co-op and campaign rules as well as skirmish. Never had a chance to play prior editions. So yes, answers to this question would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by TwiceBorn

1) Will FFG be returning to the Android IP any time soon? Specifically in the board/card game arena.

2) Could you talk a little about the design process for New Angeles? Am I correct in assuming we won't be seeing any more content for that game?

3) Likewise, can you talk about the design process for Battlestar Galactica? What were some of the design iterations for that game like? Was there any content that had been considered but never made it into the final game? How much was the licensor involved? Was it like Star Wars/Marvel where you had to run gameplay concepts by them, or was it fairly hands off? Will we ever see the game return in some form? :)

With FFG being a relatively small company, it is understandable how your marketing can really only handle a few items at a time. Genesys is getting a little more attention with another generic sourcebook and a GM screen announced. The addition of the Keyforge setting book should also put the Genesys name in front of more eyes. Is this the basic marketing strategy of Genesys, to basically use current fans of a setting/IP as a way of showing them Genesys? Are there plans to market Genesys more and possibly target people that may be willing to come over from established generic systems like GURPS or Savage Worlds? What is the role of Genesys in the overall product line up of FFG?

Is Civilization A New Dawn abandoned or will we ever see a much needed expansion? There's quite a community still supporting this game  and the game would benefit from an expansion.

With Doom Eternal coming out, any plans for an expansion? The main game is a few years old but we recently saw an expansion for Game of Thrones the board game second edition, so anything's possible. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Andrew, thanks for doing this! Can we expect Marvel board games from FFG in the future? And are you happy with the balance between own IP and licensed products?

Thanks!

Jeroen (Netherlands)

Posted (edited)

Hello Andrew,

1) Do you think community outreach from your various teams will become a higher priority in the days to come? There seems to be a lack of communication to the customers on many fronts as a company... Take heart, we love your products! We just wish we got more frequent updates on their status. (Example:  the mother of dragons playmat that took a year from purchase-received in the A Game of Thrones: The Board Game)

2) Is Imperial Assault confirmed to be dead? As in no future plastics or campaign updates aside from the App?

Edited by King_Balrog

Can't believe no one has mentioned Star Wars Destiny yet.

So I will: I'm intrigued by the game, I invested pretty heavily in the first block and played for a bit - I really like the tactile feel of the dice.  There's just something enjoyable about it.

BUT there are two things keeping me from pulling the trigger and coming back and I'd like to ask how FFG will address them (if at all)

1. Player-base size: I already play and collect Pokemon with my oldest son.  There are plenty of shops around my area (D/FW) that support the game and there are frequent tournaments/regular play dates.  Destiny has one store out here.  And I think their tournament is every other week.  Have you ever thought of adopting Magic's Friday Night Magic type of OP?  It feels like getting more promos out there - even fancy sparkle promo dice? would be a great way to incentivize stores to carry and market the game for you.

2. Pricing: This may be what worries me the most.  There is ZERO price stability in sealed product for this game.  A few weeks ago I almost bought a case of Legacies for 60CAD.  It looks like you might've spanked that store because now they're selling for 30CAD - but that's insane.  You don't help the matter with the holiday sales on Asmodee or Best Buy liquidating the 2-player boxes for $5 a piece.  This type of fall-off is very worrisome for a COLLECTIBLE game.  Its like every set you release becomes Fallen Empires after a few months.

Will FFG have a presence at BGG.com Convention in Novemember? If so, what can we expect to see/hear from you? Will you be making any major announcements?