Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

SSD vs SSD?

I've played 3 of them thus far. Primarily raw damage output combined with 1st player has been the most effective situation for winning such an engagement.

SSD on SSD games are determined by a few things. The first player to start getting double/tripple arcs is likely to win unless the other list has: squadrons that can take on ships, Palpatine officer, accuracy generation to lock down the two braces of the other SSD, other ships to overwhelm deffinse tokens.

Once the SSDs engage it kind of devols into a slugg fest and the one able to negate/overwhelm the others deffinse tokens will come out on top.

The games can still be interesting when jockeying your SSD for the best possistion, after that other combat ships & squadrons's keep it intresting with possitional battles of there own, but I could see two fully loaded Assults with 2 Gozantis for support being pretty boarding.

1 hour ago, xero989 said:

SSD on SSD games are determined by a few things. The first player to start getting double/tripple arcs is likely to win unless the other list has: squadrons that can take on ships, Palpatine officer, accuracy generation to lock down the two braces of the other SSD, other ships to overwhelm deffinse tokens.

Forcing them to continue landing on rocks, take ram damage, AND Jerjerrod damage to maintain their double arc while avoiding flying into your double arc and out of theirs works too.

Posted (edited)

I've done two... In the same tournament.  Against the only other two SSD list that were there. My luck sucked in match ups but I came in 4th.  Out activated and place my SSD pointing into the side of my opponent the second game of the day.  I basically won by placing inside his grav well and not giving a crap about it.  I had Ozzel officer and nav'd first round. Double or triple arc his SSD where he was only getting one or 2 arcs in me.  My SSD came out with one damage after repairing it.  

Third game didn't go so well.  He had squads and I didn't. I had him to 18 damage and I was only at 12.  Then palatine striped all my defence tokens and I couldn't get the last couple damage through so he wiped me with a final blow from a tie defender.

I would ha e done in second d of I played cat and mouse and just avoided the engagement.  5-6 loss and end the tourney with 21 points.  I convinced myself I could get first place and then failed. Haha 

Edited by Rune Taq

9 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

I've done two... In the same tournament.  Against the only other two SSD list that were there. My luck sucked in match ups but I came in 4th.  Out activated and place my SSD pointing into the side of my opponent the second game of the day.  I basically won by placing inside his grav well and not giving a crap about it.  I had Ozzel officer and nav'd first round. Double or triple arc his SSD where he was only getting one or 2 arcs in me.  My SSD came out with one damage after repairing it.  

Third game didn't go so well.  He had squads and I didn't. I had him to 18 damage and I was only at 12.  Then palatine striped all my defence tokens and I couldn't get the last couple damage through so he wiped me with a final blow from a tie defender.

I would ha e done in second d of I played cat and mouse and just avoided the engagement.  5-6 loss and end the tourney with 21 points.  I convinced myself I could get first place and then failed. Haha 

As the one that beat you in the Second mirror match I have to say killing your SSD with a squad was much more fun than you playing cat and mouse.