Sign in to follow this  
EVIL INC

What If- First Order were next

Well, Title says it all. IF the First order were to be introduced next, what would you like to see? How would units from the originals be upgraded or have evolved? What things have we seen in the movies that would be add-able? 

Necromancy is usually frowned on in forums. Besides new and fresh ideas are always welcome are they not? If you would rather topic have your name on it, bring yours back up. I'm more worried about discussing the topic than having my name on it. I looked at it and it had some good ideas. by all means compile them and bring them here or necromancy it. :) More and better ideas for ALL factions are better than cutting off ideas for factions that are not your favorite. After all, they may have good ideas for your favorite and we all get along better. :)

It...  It's on the second page...  It's only the 7th thread down...  The last comment was made this last friday...  Thread necromancy is when you bring up a year old topic to make an irrelevant response.  Spamming is when you create two new threads instead of checking to see if there is already a discussion.

Posted (edited)

It is looking like the newer stormtroopers are more geared towards close combat. That could be added to the first order troopers. 

New commanders of course are available.

A card set that covers current units that are "unchanged" would also be good. (would new cards even be needed? Why not release a list of units that "transfer" and which dont? That alone would add the faction in while only needing to release a few new things. 

Edited by EVIL INC

9 hours ago, EVIL INC said:

A card set that covers current units that are "unchanged" would also be good. (would new cards even be needed? Why not release a list of units that "transfer" and which dont? That alone would add the faction in while only needing to release a few new things. 

This is FFG they are going to sell u a new pack of units with a new card, even if the stats are pretty similar/same to a imperial unit just to have a card that says first order instead of empire

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

They won’t be next. Not until they have a plan for both sides of the conflict, and resistance has basically nothing.

I really don’t feel like this era is even slightly ready for Legion unless episode 9 provides their entire line up in some mega battle.

The first Order indeed has enough, units, even before The Rise of Skywalker.  

The resistance could so it as well, but admittedly, they are stretches thin, but it can be done.   Resistance trooper (Takadona or Crait variety, or a mix) though these could be separate but a more customizable set of minis could be fun.,  Pilots - the resistance is strapped for people so they have to pull double duty, so they fit for the game.  There is a patrol speeder in the background of D’Qar.  The ski speeder is a heavy, Rey as an operative, Poe as a commander.  Finn, Rose, operatives?  Now, I fully admit waiting till Rise of Skywalker makes the most sense in terms of where the characters are at, plus more options for sculpts, as well as the overall state of the Resistance.   

Going by Leia’s directive in an upcoming book, we may see a variety of different units coming together, so after Rise of Skywalker is the best choice.  

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

They won’t be next. Not until they have a plan for both sides of the conflict, and resistance has basically nothing.

I really don’t feel like this era is even slightly ready for Legion unless episode 9 provides their entire line up in some mega battle.

Agreed.  It would also be terrible timing for Legion as a game to introduce more factions, especially ones that are so incomplete.  While they would be scraping together new units to fill the ranks of the Resistance, they'd by default be ignoring the existing factions.  With how long it's going to take the Clone Wars factions to get up to snuff, that would be an absolutely awful move to make. 

I'd honestly prefer never to see the Cosplayer Order nor the budget-brand Rebels in the game, but if they have to bring them in, they should wait a very long time to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Agreed.  It would also be terrible timing for Legion as a game to introduce more factions, especially ones that are so incomplete.  While they would be scraping together new units to fill the ranks of the Resistance, they'd by default be ignoring the existing factions.  With how long it's going to take the Clone Wars factions to get up to snuff, that would be an absolutely awful move to make. 

I'd honestly prefer never to see the Cosplayer Order nor the budget-brand Rebels in the game, but if they have to bring them in, they should wait a very long time to do so. 

Okay, quick question; Are the Empire and Rebels being ignored now that the Clone Wars stuff is coming out?   No.  While the favour is about 80% or so for releases of the clone wars era, the original trilogy is still getting content.

if they were going to release it (sequel product) shortly after the clone wars, yes it would be pretty silly, but it wouldn't be at the earliest, for another year, and bu then there will be PLENTY for the clone wars.  

Your saying that the other stuff would be ignored is completely disingenuous.  Yes things would slow down, but ignore?  No.  

I think at the earliest we may get an announcement next year, possibly at gencon, and then an actuall release the following year, that gives the ST plenty of time for more units to he revealed from Rise of Skywalker and other materials like books and comics. It also gives the Clones and CIS plenty of time to get on there feet/have a diverse roster

26 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Okay, quick question; Are the Empire and Rebels being ignored now that the Clone Wars stuff is coming out?   No.  While the favour is about 80% or so for releases of the clone wars era, the original trilogy is still getting content.

if they were going to release it (sequel product) shortly after the clone wars, yes it would be pretty silly, but it wouldn't be at the earliest, for another year, and bu then there will be PLENTY for the clone wars.  

Your saying that the other stuff would be ignored is completely disingenuous.  Yes things would slow down, but ignore?  No.  

You must have missed where I said it would be terrible timing for new factions.  As in, it would be terrible timing NOW.  Down the line, it would be far less of an issue.  I even said that if they have to bring them in, they need to wait to do so.  Ignoring what I actually said to try and make a silly point is completely disingenuous.

And as for the old factions being ignored, I'd tend to say the opposite.  Rebels and Empire are both getting far more releases than the Clone Wars factions by the end of the year, and even if we add up all unreleased content, its hardly 80% Clone Wars right now.  Adding another faction to the mix NOW would magnify that problem immensely.  Doing so after they wait a long time, say, a year or two, would not.  

If squeal factions has to happen (which I don't want), then at least let's see fully fleshed out clone wars factions first. Considering ffg fully fleshed out galactic civil war factions before releasing clone wars at all, I think that is the path they will take for clone wars as well. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

You must have missed where I said it would be terrible timing for new factions.  As in, it would be terrible timing NOW.  Down the line, it would be far less of an issue.  I even said that if they have to bring them in, they need to wait to do so.  Ignoring what I actually said to try and make a silly point is completely disingenuous.

And as for the old factions being ignored, I'd tend to say the opposite.  Rebels and Empire are both getting far more releases than the Clone Wars factions by the end of the year, and even if we add up all unreleased content, its hardly 80% Clone Wars right now.  Adding another faction to the mix NOW would magnify that problem immensely.  Doing so after they wait a long time, say, a year or two, would not.  

You said this:

48 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

While they would be scraping together new units to fill the ranks of the Resistance, they'd by default be ignoring the existing factions. 

This is not the opposite.  Above you flat out said they’d ignore the existing factions.    So my post was saying that they are not doing so.   The 80% was from the developers themselves, one of their live streams they said the release schedule is going to be about 80/20 in favour of the clone wars content.  That is likely for the coming year.  So while that may have changes, it implies that they don't plan on ignoring anything.  So why would it be any different sequel content?

Now, the issue about the timing, I can admit I did make assumptions about what you said; but when I read what I quoted, there was no mention of timeline.  Just that it “would be a terrible time for legion as a game to release new factions”.   I honestly read that as a way of saying that the game doesn't need anything else, not even in a years time.   Which I don't think anyone would even expect a sequel starter to come before that.   But a year is a fairly long time.   I fully admit that the clone wars era is the BEST era for legion - it is the only one in open warfare.   That being said, while FFG is working on one faction, they are no doubt testing stuff for others.  I have a feeling they will have already tested game mechanics and are just waiting to get all the info they can from lucasfilm for sequel content.   It seems their relationship is growing as FFG were the first to reveal the visual appearance of the Nadiri Starhawk.  FFG has also created FOUR starter sets for the Star Wars RPG, so they don't seem to have an issue with overlapping content.  

So, I do agree, releasing sequel factions right now would be folly, but I do think that an announcement sometime next year IS likely.  To have time to design units and produce them, there is probably a lot more done for the clone wars that we are even aware of.

9 minutes ago, Asvaldir said:

If squeal factions has to happen (which I don't want), then at least let's see fully fleshed out clone wars factions first. Considering ffg fully fleshed out galactic civil war factions before releasing clone wars at all, I think that is the path they will take for clone wars as well. 

But here’s the thing.   No faction will EVER be fully fleshed out.   FFG can't release everything at once.  Yes they will focus on clone wars throughout the coming year, but they have likely already designed/planned the majority of the release.   While YOU may not want the sequel content, there are others that do.   Going by how FFG released two new factions not even a full year after Legions release, leads me to think that they are already planning new content for even more factions.  Granted this may be in the early stages, but it doesn't make sense to ignore it.  I'm sure if I went back, I could find many posts where people were saying it is too soon for clone wars.

14 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Going by how FFG released two new factions not even a full year after Legions release

Its actually been a year and a half legion first came out in March of last year

1 minute ago, lunitic501 said:

Its actually been a year and a half legion first came out in March of last year

Okay, my timing is a bit off.   But, if Legion came out last March, and March this year clone wars is announced, it is still a year apart and the game is still in it’s infancy.  If FFG is willing to announce that, why couldn't next year get a sequel announcement?  

I think we should all realize that much of the clone wars was probably being tested when they were even making the original announcement. 

16 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

But here’s the thing.   No faction will EVER be fully fleshed out.   FFG can't release everything at once.  Yes they will focus on clone wars throughout the coming year, but they have likely already designed/planned the majority of the release.   While YOU may not want the sequel content, there are others that do.   Going by how FFG released two new factions not even a full year after Legions release, leads me to think that they are already planning new content for even more factions.  Granted this may be in the early stages, but it doesn't make sense to ignore it.  I'm sure if I went back, I could find many posts where people were saying it is too soon for clone wars.

Uh, the new factions aren't officially released yet, and we hit the 1 year mark back in March.  And yes, a faction can most certainly be fully fleshed out, it just won't likely ever be complete.  Fully fleshed out would likely mean that all slots are full and have several options for them.  The Galactic Civil War factions are at that point now; the Clone Wars factions won't be anywhere near that point for likely over a year, at best

And honestly, I don't think anyone here is saying that they shouldn't do the ST factions ever.  I personally don't want them as I find them hopelessly derivative, but as I said before, the timing is terrible for them NOW.  A year or two wait is not unreasonable under the circumstances.

23 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Uh, the new factions aren't officially released yet, and we hit the 1 year mark back in March.  And yes, a faction can most certainly be fully fleshed out, it just won't likely ever be complete.  Fully fleshed out would likely mean that all slots are full and have several options for them.  The Galactic Civil War factions are at that point now; the Clone Wars factions won't be anywhere near that point for likely over a year, at best

And honestly, I don't think anyone here is saying that they shouldn't do the ST factions ever.  I personally don't want them as I find them hopelessly derivative, but as I said before, the timing is terrible for them NOW.  A year or two wait is not unreasonable under the circumstances.

Okay then.  As of March this year, when the Clone Wars starter was announced, were the Rebel and Empire Factions “fleshed out”?   Was there multiple units for EVERY rank?   

I think they were. Even if not in actual release, announcements were made the occupier came out in April if I recall.   

So, with what we are getting for the clone wars so far, they are on a pretty good track to being fleshed out by next March, not for an actual physical new release, but announcement for an upcoming one?  Certainly.  

There is probably more done for the clone wars, planned unit wise, than there was for the original trilogy content at a similar point of that products release.    

48 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Amen

22 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Okay then.  As of March this year, when the Clone Wars starter was announced, were the Rebel and Empire Factions “fleshed out”?   Was there multiple units for EVERY rank?   

I think they were. Even if not in actual release, announcements were made the occupier came out in April if I recall.   

So, with what we are getting for the clone wars so far, they are on a pretty good track to being fleshed out by next March, not for an actual physical new release, but announcement for an upcoming one?  Certainly.  

There is probably more done for the clone wars, planned unit wise, than there was for the original trilogy content at a similar point of that products release.    

I doubt we'll see sequel factions. To much overlap with GCW factions and lack of unique options.

If we do see these factions, it won't be for a long time. Maybe 2 years from now. 

7 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

I doubt we'll see sequel factions. To much overlap with GCW factions and lack of unique options.

If we do see these factions, it won't be for a long time. Maybe 2 years from now. 

If ffg has an ounce of sense they will be releasing st content.  Getting young people into this hobby is critical for its survival.  Go to a school halloween party this fall and just count the number of kids dressed as Rey, Kylo Ren or BB-8.  Star Wars has always been for the kids.  That is why grown ups are nostalgic for the trilogy they grew up with and like to complain about whatever is new.

10 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

If ffg has an ounce of sense they will be releasing st content.  Getting young people into this hobby is critical for its survival.  Go to a school halloween party this fall and just count the number of kids dressed as Rey, Kylo Ren or BB-8.  Star Wars has always been for the kids.  That is why grown ups are nostalgic for the trilogy they grew up with and like to complain about whatever is new.

This.

My son is the sequel trilogy target.  He wants to play Kylo Ren and Rey for Legion.   It is why, for me, there will never be a better Star Wars movie than the Force Awakens..  as much as I enjoyed that movie (and I did) it doesn't compare to watching my sun laugh, gasp, and sit in wide eyed wonder at watching that movie.   He’s six now and he LOVES the sequels.   He would, and will, lose his poodoo when the sequel stuff comes out for this game.   Also, he likes general Grievous too.  

14 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I agree that getting young people into the hobby is critical for success, but the squeals have been widely disliked (especially by kids). It's quite a shame. When I was a child, I loved the CW.

My kids won't even touch the new star wars movies. They're bored out of their minds.