StriderZessei

Which upgrade would you like to see return for 2e?

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

What we know:

1.  Only one ship can use it currently, and that ship already comes with a copy.

2.  Two copies come separate from that ship.

From this, I feel we can conclude that either FFG has gone completely off the deep end, or else there is something coming up that will use it or allow other ships to use it.

Personally, I find this a cause for excitement more than bitterness.

I wouldn't read much into it. How many of us got 4 Rigged Cargo Chute cards from the conversion kits but didn't have a single Cargo token? I don't think they always think these things through...

4 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I wouldn't read much into it. How many of us got 4 Rigged Cargo Chute cards from the conversion kits but didn't have a single Cargo token? I don't think they always think these things through...

The primary difference being that was a Conversion Kit.  The whole point was that it was for people who already had some miniatures and tokens.  This upcoming pack is specifically to get the cards out to people who haven't bought them in other packs.

33 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

This, except I'm more in favor of a single illicit slot. My reasoning: At least that way you can take the (admittedly terrible) coaxium hyperfuel on the Lancer and Kihraxz. It's kind of dumb that it's only available to Resistance as it is. Why do we get two in Hotshots and Aces? How could they possibly be used anyway?

Also hoping burnout SLAM has some way of getting the charge back to make Coaxium Hyperfuel a little less trash.

Make it 3 charges recurring, start with 1 or 2 charges depleted, spend 3 charges to use? 

Just now, 5050Saint said:

Make it 3 charges recurring, start with 1 or 2 charges depleted, spend 3 charges to use? 

I was thinking something more restrictive than just cool-down time. Maybe something like: "After you fully execute a maneuver, if there is an enemy ship in your || at Range 1, recover one charge." Well, I guess that isn't super thematic, but whatever it is I'd always rather work for something than wait for it; it requires skill and planning and you get more mileage out of it the better you can do that.

1 minute ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I was thinking something more restrictive than just cool-down time. Maybe something like: "After you fully execute a maneuver, if there is an enemy ship in your || at Range 1, recover one charge." Well, I guess that isn't super thematic, but whatever it is I'd always rather work for something than wait for it; it requires skill and planning and you get more mileage out of it the better you can do that.

Since is a "burnout" perhaps doing blue maneuvers recharges it, giving your engines a break to cool down?

43 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Hmm. Maybe two non-recurring charges to use it but you get one back on a blue maneuver? OR it's one charge but you get it back when you clear a stress...

I like though I noticed two things:

1. The SLAM move counts as a maneuver and a move, so would auto gen 1 charge if it did a blue maneuver as its SLAM with the first method. So the second method is definitely preferable.

2. This little ******* might be an issue...

•“Chopper”

Though I guess it would up the viability of the Partisan X-Wings (possibly Burnout, Adv SLAM, Chopper Tenza or Sperado??).

5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Though I guess it would up the viability of the Partisan X-Wings (possibly Burnout, Adv SLAM, Chopper Tenza or Sperado??).

You mean actually put them on the board? :) I guess we might need to make it "SCUM ONLY" then. Or go back to recurring charges?

5 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

You mean actually put them on the board? :) I guess we might need to make it "SCUM ONLY" then. Or go back to recurring charges?

Recurring charges I think would be the better of the two options. Making it S&V only feels wrong. Though they might make it med/large base only, which I'd hate.

12 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Recurring charges I think would be the better of the two options. Making it S&V only feels wrong. Though they might make it med/large base only, which I'd hate.

Yeah, I considered the medium and large base, and honestly, it might be decent idea to do. Yet, I'd like to see the Khxaixzr use it which is why I'm in favor of the mod slot + illicit slot, that way it is a harder choice for ships that want either one of those slots for something else, but the Krhraxr and to a certain extent the Lancer don't care, since they have those slot to spare. But moving it to medium and large base solves some problems like Chopper.

4 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

But moving it to medium and large base solves some problems like Chopper.

Yet looks to me to exacerbate the 2 copies of Coaxium in Hotshots. Or is 2x + SLancer something they want to see?