Sign in to follow this  
Yank01

1st Tournament List

Hello all!  I'll be playing in my 1st tournament next month and I'm trying to decide between these two lists.  Any help selecting or making modifications would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (76)    
    Intimidation (3)    
    Darth Vader (14)    
    0-0-0 (5)    
    Fifth Brother (9)    

Ship total: 107  Half Points: 54  Threshold: 8    

Zertik Strom (42)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    

Ship total: 44  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 3    

Maarek Stele (46)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    

Ship total: 49  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200    

OR:

Lando Calrissian (80)    
    Nien Nunb (5)    
    Leia Organa (6)    

Ship total: 91  Half Points: 46  Threshold: 7    

Thane Kyrell (48)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 3    

Wedge Antilles (55)    
    R2 Astromech (4)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 59  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200

Hi, @Yank01

My friend has astounding success with Jendon Lambda shuttle + 2 Storms w/fcs and Prockets + Wampa if you want to maximize those TIE Advances. 

As for Rebels, T65s are tricky nowadays.

I'd put Crack and Plasma Torps on Wedge and Crack or Marksmanship on Thane. The list crumbles fast when your X-Wings go down, and they will go down quick with one bad move, so your list really has to win/get a massive advantage early. Definitely a fun list if you like to gamble and bait!!

Good luck on the tournament. 

-b

I would run the rebel build, but I would change some things. I think the R2 Astromech is a waste of points. You do not need your 2-turns to be blue and thats the only thing you get. Nine Numb on the other hand changes 4 moves on Lando and will  sometime mean you get a free action for one of your ships and that can be really important. Futhermore it will be harder for your opponent to get Lando to bump and thereby remove Landos extra action. I will also not take Leia because I do not think she is as good as the alternative. Lastly I would take R3 Astromech for Wedge. Wedge will normally either barrell-roll or focus to either get in or out of a fire-arc or attack or defend. This means that he seldom takes a TL. Wedge TL action willl often be Landos extra action and it gets even better if Lando can give Wedge two actions and thereby two targets. But what about all the points saved? I would use them as a bid, because with two initiative 5 and one intiative 6 ship you will benefit a lot from moving last and much more then having Leia and the R2s. With a 9 point bid you will be able to get the initiative in most games and that without losing anything important in your list. So I would build the list like this

Lando Calrissian (80)    
    Nien Nunb (5)        
  Ship total: 85 Half Points: 43 

Thane Kyrell (48)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)
Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24   

Wedge Antilles (55)    
    R3 Astromech (3)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    
Ship total: 58  Half Points: 29 

Total: 191

Regen-Luke is very strong. If you can get your opponent to shoot at him a lot and use force and regen to keep him alive without losing the others, then you will win the long game, but if your opponent goes after Thane first, then you might find yourself in trouble, so you must play this list defensively.
The Wedge list is strong in a different way. It focuses on offence. Let Lando hand Wedge TLs, so he allways got at least two TL-targets to choose from and thus becomes unpredictable. Wedge maneuvering last and attacking with TL and sometimes even focus is a beast. Thane following up with his ability can be devastating. This is a hit first and hit hard list, which must win the game in the early stages, because your suvivability is not the best, so this is for the aggressive player.
Which are you? defensive-Luke? or aggressive Wedge?

1 hour ago, Everyday Ace said:

Which are you? defensive-Luke? or aggressive Wedge?

If I could consistently answer this question, I feel like I’d be in pretty good shape 🤪

I’d say I lean aggressive Wedge. I love it when I’m getting hits through and Thane is able to flip those damage cards face up by spending an eyeball. There’s nothing better!  But then, when I’m rolling blanks I start wishing I were defensive Luke....

I think I’ll play both lists in my next few casual games and see which way it works better for me. 

Thanks for the advice on this one!