copperbell

Is it worth it?

Just ordered my physical copy.

Just wanted to ask your opinions on this.

I'm wondering about an Acthung Cthulhu premise but really wondering if you can point me towards some reviews that may help me whilst I wait for my copy to arrive....or inspire me to fork out for a PDF copy in the meantime!

I have the dice app both this and the star Wars one having picked up a few of the books and beginner sets.

Just not sure I'm ready for this!

If you trade some 'realism simulation' for 'narrative co-op play', and are okay with that trade, yes.  It's worth it.  It takes a bit getting used to, but yes.  Worth it.  

Bonus points:  Look at the Master Resource list.  There's a ton of good stuff.  (Especially the Expanded Talents...)

Are you intending to adapt some Achtung! Cthulhu scenarios to Genesys? That is totally doable, and it's a really fun system. You'll find that by default, Genesys runs toward the pulpy side of the purist–pulp split in Cthulhu gaming. Keep that in mind, as you're probably going to end up with characters who are more capable than typical Call fo Cthulhu investigators. For your truly cosmic Great Old Ones and so on, I wouldn't even worry with giving them stats. This is very much a system where "if it has stats, they can kill it."

(There's a rules companion coming out soon that may or may not offer options for lower-powered games. In the meantime, just lean into the pulpiness.) 

Picked up the PDF and the Vril stuff, which is what drew my attention to this.

Have this idea for a one shot to see whether it's worth going further but the above is what made me decide to buy a physical copy.

The first reply made me buy the rest, but it's still a long way off!