Sign in to follow this  
Bucknife

Maul+Grievous+Fac

Posted (edited)

Any thoughts on the upcoming Separatist Aces rendition? 

What bells and whistles are the staples here?

--Souless One

-Scimitar

-Hate

-Ensnare

-Drk-1 Probe Droids

Will they all fit? 

Edited by Bucknife

Posted (edited)

I don't know if Scimitar is necessary. It'd be nice to have that added maneuverability and the option to jam, but, I'd rather have the other tools you've listed.

I'd also like to see if there is room for Impervium Plating. That can be huge on Grievous. Very variance dependent, yes, but still huge.

Edited by Kreen

22 minutes ago, Kreen said:

I also have to admit that, while Maul pilot is good, I'm curious about O-66 with Dooku Crew. Act as the Palp Shuttle.

Much easier to fit, for sure. Depends if you want to go upgrades (O-66) or ability (Maul).

Dorks are questionable, only 2 of your ships can lock and Grievous has a passive reroll if he gets out of arc.  You also only have a Jam if you take Scimitar.  Value just feels iffy because it's mostly a joust tool and that list wouldn't really be a joust list.

Posted (edited)
  • Soulless One?  Most important upgrade on Grievous, IMHO.
    • Impervium is an addition that's seldom let me down on GG, but I can see skipping it if need be.
    • That said, GG will work fine at like 45 points with just Crack Shot.  Solid pocket ace.
  • Scimitar?  Eh.  Try it out, it's probably fun.  However... It's seldom used.  Doesn't show up for Maul on Metawing, more of a Dooku thing.
  • DRK-1?  Probably not worth.  Maul can easily take Locks on his own, Sun Fac would have to equip Targeting Computer, and Grievous ideally already has rerolls from his ability.
  • Hate?  Probably stapled to Maul.  Even after the nerf, it's still a LOT of force which gets added to Maul, and funds his rather expensive but necessary pilot ability.
  • Ensnare?  Probably stapled to Sun Fac.  They need to tractor the target to have their guns worth a ****, and the best way for that to happen is with Ensnare.  I strongly believe that what will separate good from bad Sun Fac players is how well they make use of Ensnare.
    • To that end, I'd try to fit Tractor Beam onto Maul.  Wait.  No.  Maul is Init 5, Sun Fac is 6, so Tractor Beam wouldn't work as a back-up.  Might be good if running Chertek, however.
1 hour ago, Bucknife said:

Will they all fit? 

We won't know until...

PointsAndSlots

PointsAndSlots

PointsAndSlots

Edited by theBitterFig

Maul definitely wants Hate, and I also strongly recommend Chancellor Palpatine on him. Brings him to a force rating of 4, which lets him be much more accurate with his attacks while remaining aggressive with his ability.

Soulless One is fantastic on Grievous, and I'm a big fan of Daredevil as a talent for that ship. This brings us to 143 points, leaving 57 points for Sun Fac, any other upgrades, and a bid. Assuming Fac comes in around 45 points (comparable to Quickdraw and Midnight), that still leaves 12 more points for Ensnare and any other upgrades.

If this becomes the best, or even a top-tier (within CIS) list, the faction is a failure, thematically.

On release, I said of CIS "CIS is incapable of following the seemingly perpetual meta of 3-4 ship High-initiative named pilot lists. They'll either be the first faction with a truly unique theme, or they'll be dogshit"

Posted (edited)

Eh, I don't think a list like this will turn out all too impressive.

Grievous and the Faqer aren't terribly amazing as straight aces, compared to the likes of Vader and the jedi. Neither can really straight joust (Grievous' ability, Fac is le squish) and both have VERY particular areas of strength (Grievious' ability again, Fac's bullseeye and/or Ensare). Maul is just straight on strong, but even with Hate you don't want him carrying the WHOLE show.

I'd take any one of Maul, Grievous, and Fac with a gaggle of drones and feel pretty comfortable. Maul, Grievy AND Fac together, though? Not so much. I don't want ANY of them taking the heat that a clump of expendable drones could've been shouldering. 

Ofc, any list called "Grievous Fac" might just win by busting your opponent's sides. Maybe keep an eye out for Grievous + Fac + Nantex mini-swarm

In summary, I wouldn't try shoe-horning Grievous and Fac into the role of "ace" as defined by other factions. They just aren't the same kind of pilots as they're actually a little nuanced!

Edited by ficklegreendice

15 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

I'd hope you can get S1, Impervium, Hate, and Ensnare, and nothing else, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that priced a point out of viability.

This seems like a plausible upgrade list.