Sign in to follow this  
Cuz05

45 Imperial points to spend....

Posted (edited)

And only 45, possibly less, certainly not more.

Maybe as seen in the SuperConcInq thread, these 3 are tied to the mast, they will not be tempted ashore by siren song. The upgrades they carry are the best and most usable bang for buck imo.

Quizzical Expression.

(35) Inquisitor [TIE Advanced v1]
(6) Concussion Missiles
(8) Supernatural Reflexes

(35) Inquisitor [TIE Advanced v1]
(6) Concussion Missiles
(8) Supernatural Reflexes

(51) "Echo" [TIE/ph Phantom]
(6) Outmaneuver

Total points: 155

The contenders, pick one or suggest your own!

Sabacc was kind of fun. Fills the role of big gun you don't want to ignore. 4hp, 2ag is not a particularly happy place for me though, will practice more.

Ved Foslo is the current front runner, just because he takes longer to die. I aim to fly him again soon and see if I can get him to do more than just die (usefully) slowly. Acceptably big gun, best dial in the game.

Duchess was actually the 1st 4th name on the list but I have shied away from her. A 3pt bid is not much for her shenanigans. No upgrades make her toothless. She won't hit hard enough imo and is really just more of the same in this context. Still tempting, but this is Duchess-lite, not ideal.

APT Rhymer is an old (semi) favourite. Could fill a weird flanker role. Ignore him at your peril. Or go kill him in an awkward spot, idc.

Zertik Strom with FCS/Passive. He doesn't even have to shoot, that must be useful...

An I2 Punisher with Diamond Boron Missiles! Idk...

Vynder with XG-1, Autoblaster and Marksmanship. Seems a potentially low damage output and an awkward bugger to move around. Don't particularly like that his tightest turn around is MASSIVE. 4th ship needs to be something that can't be ignored for a couple turns and capable of getting some real damage in over the space of a few turns.

A Reaper. Purely as a gun platform and obstacle. They're deceptively good at both. Nobody needs coordinating, so Vizier is kinda pointless. Just an SBP then, maybe with ISB or Krennic .... Or Baffle, for sloop trolling.

Turr Phennir! Squishy.

NOT. LIKE. THIS.

Kestal with Barrage and Dorsal. She's actually not bad. But also squishy and far too predictable to not be squished. I want the 4th ship to attract and survive attention for more than a millisecond. But otherwise....

A Lambda. A lumbering anchor that will likely just not get enough shots in, or bring enough pressure to help the others. It's support quality is again, not really needed. 

Another v1. I only have 2 and feel like the 2nd 3 dice gun is important. Despite gencon, I still believe 2 is the magic number.

An Imdaar. I just don't see it doing much.

I think that about covers it :D

Edited by Cuz05

Have you considered countdown instead of Sabaac or duchess.  He can take a hit much better than the other 2.  And he can become a focal point for the enemy because of the fact that you can't just pop him.

Otherwise, my opinion would actually be the lambda.  I think coordinating actions would be huge to the inquisitors, and the spacecow is not an easy ship to take off the board.

Thanks for the replies!

1 hour ago, Manolox said:

I think that sabacc is the right choice or rhymer as option.

You need something really scary to let free the inquisitors to target lock.

This is exactly my feeling. Echo also does that job well but also despises attention.

51 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

Definitely one of the Strikers!

I think my heart tells me this and I definitely need some time flying them!

59 minutes ago, Biggsy_boy said:

Have you considered countdown instead of Sabaac or duchess.  He can take a hit much better than the other 2.  And he can become a focal point for the enemy because of the fact that you can't just pop him.

Otherwise, my opinion would actually be the lambda.  I think coordinating actions would be huge to the inquisitors, and the spacecow is not an easy ship to take off the board.

I have considered Countdown, he can definitely find a role in the list. As alluded to above, I haven't had a lot of time with any of them and Countdown is easily the one who has given me the most headscratching. He gets stressed in positions where I habitually try to avoid it and I haven't managed to figure how to fly him AT ALL. I shy away from yolo-ing him, which may be his main asset....

The Lambda is really a good option, but I think it just doesn't fit my vision of the squad, which is basically 4 hypermobile, independent guns. The Lambda acts as a nice tool for giving your opponent a fulcrum, that you can then work off of. It has a predictability about the damage it takes and the points you're losing in it, which is useful in certain ways.

But I think enjoying Imps a lot more when I have complete freedom of movement and can keep at least a pair of closers, no matter which ships I lose.

That said, if someone else were to pick up the list and play a Lambda in there, I think it would definitely still work. Jendon was immediately suggested when I used the list last night.

39 minutes ago, xanatos135 said:

I would go for a reaper. Fast, hard hitting, relatively durable ship although you may end up clashing with evwrything but still, that 1 speed s-loop...

This is much more where I lean if I'm looking for a bigger base. 

That sloop.

Also 1 bank, 3 bank, goodbye/hello there.

People really do underestimate it's mobility and potential time on target. 

Clashing with everything, if you mean bumping, that is all part of its charm, especially combined with the sloop :D

Or possibly even ISB Jam...

2 hours ago, Trudem said:

Duchess with Predator

I mostly decided against this because she is so easily vaporized and can only have a max 3pt bid. I kinda reckon I may just try this at 199. Changes the dynamic of the squad, making her the ship I want ignored. Basically making the Inqys the primary target. I do want them in the front line but I'm not sure I want to use them as aggressively as I think I might have to, with this. She does fit the mentality of the list perfectly.

A further thought on the coord boat option. Hadn't really considered it this way before. It's not so much that I couldn't use or benefit from the coord action, it's more that I want that gun relevant and at least single modded. Which means maximum time on target and not much else.

The action is worth way more on that 4th ship than it is elsewhere. The amount of green tokens I pull off the table in the end phase is already a bit too many :D

Sai does not fit.... 

I put 5th Bro on Echo and naked Duchess with team Quiz.  4-0 yesterday.  This is easily the most fun i've had in 2.0.  

I saw a good mix of lists from Republic aces to CIS swarms and it handles anything that comes at it well.  

Duchess is the weaker link, but she's cheap, she contributes before she pops, and her ability really fits with all the other manuever shenanigans in the list.  

5th Bro is alright.  His crits mattered here and there, and being able to save the focus for defense was relevant at times.  Not a terrible place to bank points, but those 9 points may be better spent.  I don't think this list needs a bid, spend away!

13 hours ago, thebrettski said:

I put 5th Bro on Echo and naked Duchess with team Quiz.  4-0 yesterday.  This is easily the most fun i've had in 2.0.  

I saw a good mix of lists from Republic aces to CIS swarms and it handles anything that comes at it well.  

Duchess is the weaker link, but she's cheap, she contributes before she pops, and her ability really fits with all the other manuever shenanigans in the list.  

5th Bro is alright.  His crits mattered here and there, and being able to save the focus for defense was relevant at times.  Not a terrible place to bank points, but those 9 points may be better spent.  I don't think this list needs a bid, spend away!

Nicely done!

I'm huge fan of 5th Bro on Echo, it's a bit disappointing to fly her without my Lego Bro hanging off her flight stand for once :D

With this list, I kinda feel like Outmanoeuvre and Pred on Duchess might provide a little more. But Echo is a real star, so having her a bit more aggressive/survivable with 5th Bro is always a good call.

20 hours ago, thebrettski said:

Care to share the full list?

8 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Care to share the full list?

I imagine it is simply 2x SuperConcInq, 5th Bro Echo and Duchess. 200pt.

I flew the OP 3 again tonight, basically chickening out and using Ved Foslo. 1st time at a new casual night elsewhere, although all good people I'd already met over the table.

The x1 just has a reliable input and expiration. Got annihilated by a droid army, due to simple terrible positioning. Traj Sim, of all things, something I'm well equipped to deal with. But in the 2nd, Ved ate a few turns of fire, did a little damage and opened the floodgates for the others. All according to plan, basically.

So a safe choice, but not one i'm using that well. Strange to have to remember to always dial in 2s. Cost me badly against the droids :D

I have another couple of games with it this week, where I may risk the Striker. I do like Ved, i think he could be good, though he needs finessing and really misses FCS.

List definitely needs more from the 4th ship, but not a lot more than just decent flying.

One extra thought on the Reaper actually, after playing again. I think the medium base takes up too much room for the Inqs. Those things flip everywhere, and they are the stars. Echo just floats about, offers encouragement and applauds.

ideally.

Posted (edited)

Pure Sabacc filled the 4th spot tonight and seemed to hit the nail on the head. He has exactly the right level of threat and the weird mobility to keep things on their toes, without being too easy to predict.

I also really love 1 bank/straight into 1 hard. The Striker means all Echo's chums have it at their disposal, which is nice for adjusting around each other.

Beat Emon, Nym and a Gunrunner and had a close defeat to Kylo, Tavson, SBP. The latter, I realised time was on his side rather than mine... as we reached for dice on the last turn, 64-94.  :D

I'm pretty sure Echo never fired a shot in that one, lol. She twice landed just outside R3 of a kill shot on Tavson, while avoiding a Kylo/SBP return shot. Was well placed to mop up....

Given that, I think the list is awesome! Huge potential imo. It controls engagements similar to quad Phantoms, so match ups seem quite nice across the board atm. It exchanges joust potential for more flexibility, utilising it well is a different ballgame entirely.

It's also massive fun.

Echo being the only marginal ship in one of the two games makes me quite confident the squad is in the right place now :)

I might throw crack shot on Sabacc. This lot would be crazy with a decent bid. So much so, they can do without it.

Edited by Cuz05

I would switch talent on Echo to Juke. It is 1pt more yes, but I think you will likely get more utility out of it. So I would switch that and then take Sabacc for an even 200. You are right, people fear the 4 red dice on Sabacc and cannot afford to ignore him. Alternatively, Countdown is much more durable and makes for a better piece for end-game situations but doesn't really threaten enough to take the heat off the other pieces.

1 hour ago, RollingSwarm said:

I would switch talent on Echo to Juke. 

I genuinely favoured Outmanoeuvre on Echo, even when Juke was cheaper :D

She is immensely good at landing out of arc of her target.

Juke is a powerful talent when combined with others, but on its own it's less impactful and struggles to justify the 7pt now, for me.

Outmanoeuvre on her has actually been at it's most effective in this list. In the past, Echo has mostly been the no.2 in a 3 ship list, often the no.1 or 3 could have had Juke as well and made it an optimal choice, she would often shoot last too.

But here, with 3 other ships running interference, she's often shooting 1st and almost always proccing Outmanoeuvre. Juke would likely do quite a lot less work, with a focus/force handy on defence most of the time.

It's increasingly surprising to me how many defensive tricks get nerfed by Outmanoeuvre. It's a hammer blow when you have 4 red and they have 0/1 ag.

Another neat facet here is that Echo and the 2 Inqs can sit at R3 quite happily, denying the defence bonus while claiming it themselves.