Piratical Moustache

Any Last Requests for the Empire and Rebels before the Clone Wars?

4 hours ago, zingerwhip said:

How do you get the pics into your post?

I upload the picture to imgur, copy the link and insert the image from existing URL. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, Piratical Moustache said:

While I do look forward to getting my hands on Venators and Recusants, I still have ships that I want for the current factions, for example I would like to see what a qaz-class Star Destroyer looks like. Armada gave us our first look at the Starhawk, so why not give us some more never before seen ships? Another oft repeated idea is for the Dreadnaught cruiser to come into the game alongside the Assault Frigate Mk1, which I would like to see as the Rebels only have 1 medium ship.

What do you guys want before the Clone Wars comes to Armada?

Victory II Frigate, The CR-90 Modified "NightCaller" or "Farstar" style. Marauder and Broadside Cruisers, Skipray Blastboats, Intercepter IV Class Frigate, Aggressor Class Stardestroyer. Keldabe Class Battleship,

EDIT : Oh and the Star Jewel.

Edited by Zeoinx

The Rebellion game ships, the DP20 frigate AKA Corellian gunship, the Imperial Razor class Frigate mentioned in one of the early canon novels or stories, plus the Active class Fast Frigate and Surveyor class Reconnaissance Frigate (The latter two are both FFG creations so I'm most hopeful for them)

The nice thing is that at least for Rebels, I can repaint Separatist ships and/or certain Republic ships as surplus ships brought back into service, so at least there is a chance for some medium ships there.

18 hours ago, CMDR Kastor said:

You guys keep bringing up the Dreadnaught but each time I look it up I'm wholly uninspired by the design and lore or the ship. To me it just seems nothing more than a low poly filler ship for Tie Fighter (game).

Why does everyone care so much? Sell it to me. 

The main reason is nostalgia same reason why many xwing players wanted the starwing assult gunboat.  Game play wise it would be a cheap versatile medium ship

Nobody wanting the Tector?

The Rebels have 3 different hull designs and ships in the large class so far (and the Next release will probably put it at 4) with the MC 80, MC 80 Liberty and MC 75.

With the Tector the Imperial side would get a 3rd (Onager is probably going to be a large one) that would be a more direct combat focused ship than the ISDs we got before. Then again with the existence of the current 4 variants it could be a little difficult to fit in the Tector.

For Squadrons

Tie ad/Avenger

Star Wing Assault Gunboat

TIE Opressor/Agressor

The Empire could use some more Bombers in my opinion. And the Avenger is my favourite TIE, it would also make it another vessel that could be used in X-Wing.

For Medium Bases.

The Empire is pretty well set in medium bases, though a more mobile combat variant could help.

The Vindicator is an option here. (Though it has the same size as the small Gladiator...)

In the Small base area the Empire could realy use some extra ships.

Options are the Strike Class, Carrack Class and DP-20 in my opinion.

They would all give various options ranging from fast ion cannon firepower to long range red dice spam or more fighter controll for small base ships.

For the Rebels.

I would say they are good in the Large Base area with ships.

They could realy use more medium based ships.

Assault Frigate Mk. 1

Liberterator class cruiser (as a counterpoint to the Quasar)

And there are a few options for small bases.

the CC 2200 or CC 7700 as a small base ship that gets the so far unique slots of the Interdictor.

The MC-40 could also function as another broadsider like the MC-30, just focused on blue or red dice.

The big issue for me is to find Rebel squadrons that would be worth putting in.

The K-Wing would be an option. But if there is one thing Rebel squadrons are not lacking in it is the "Bomber" keyword.

The R-41 starchaser could be put in.

Maybe an upgraded X-Wing variant?

Maybe a U-Wing to have a more regular counterpart to the Mandalorian Gauntlet fighters? (just with the issue that the gauntlets came with the Chimera pack and would be harder to aquire).

20 hours ago, CMDR Kastor said:

You guys keep bringing up the Dreadnaught but each time I look it up I'm wholly uninspired by the design and lore or the ship. To me it just seems nothing more than a low poly filler ship for Tie Fighter (game).

Why does everyone care so much? Sell it to me. 

dread63.jpg

More pictures here: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=3152

I like the lore of the Dreadnaught being an old but reliable cruiser, and I would like to have an Imperial medium ship that is a generalist. A lot of ships were based on the Dreadnaught (at least in Legends) like the Providence-class destroyers of the CIS.

10 hours ago, AegisGrimm said:

The nice thing is that at least for Rebels, I can repaint Separatist ships and/or certain Republic ships as surplus ships brought back into service, so at least there is a chance for some medium ships there.

One of the First ships I want to get is "Rebel One"  https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rebel_One  as seen in the comics. But Really, if I am honest, I think the Venator will be first.

For the Rebels, i'd like to see the following:

Starfighters: K-Wing, U-Wing, Defender and the YT-2000

Flotillas: Braha'tok Gunship

Small: DP-20 Corellian Gunship, CC-7700/CC-9600 and Ranger-Class Gunship

Medium: MC-40A, Rebel Assault Frigate Mk I, Liberator-Class Cruiser and Majestic-Class Heavy Cruiser

Large: Dauntless-Class Heavy Cruiser, MC-80B/MC-90 and Nebula-Class Star Defender/Endurance-Class Fleet Carrier

On 8/19/2019 at 10:17 AM, Piratical Moustache said:

dread63.jpg

More pictures here: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=3152

I like the lore of the Dreadnaught being an old but reliable cruiser, and I would like to have an Imperial medium ship that is a generalist. A lot of ships were based on the Dreadnaught (at least in Legends) like the Providence-class destroyers of the CIS.

That's to the level of detail I'd expect it to be updated to but it's still a uninspiring design. It has that very simple "oblong with thrusters" superstructure design that is common from a lot of non-star wars sci-fi. It doesn't have the interesting superstructure designs that set set star wars apart from it peers.

I don't think we should be adding a ship simply because of nostalgia and trying to fill a role. If a generalist role really needs to be filled then perhaps FFG should pull a raider and design a new ship more inline with starwar's style rather than relying on a old third party design.

RE: Tector 

For...

1) It is canon in the most canonly way possible being from OT.

2) We have already seen most of the bottom.

3) Completionists want it.

Against...

1) Shouldn't be canon as it's allegedly an upside down mistake.

2) Don't want another Imperial SD. (Some unimaginative artists have portrayed the top this way). I don't think there is an actual canon depiction of the top.

3) Only completionists want it.

This is my own sum up of 2 years promoting team Tector. I have my own well balanced custom one for friendly play though.

18 hours ago, CMDR Kastor said:

That's to the level of detail I'd expect it to be updated to but it's still a uninspiring design. It has that very simple "oblong with thrusters" superstructure design that is common from a lot of non-star wars sci-fi. It doesn't have the interesting superstructure designs that set set star wars apart from it peers.

I don't think we should be adding a ship simply because of nostalgia and trying to fill a role. If a generalist role really needs to be filled then perhaps FFG should pull a raider and design a new ship more inline with starwar's style rather than relying on a old third party design.

Not every starship design has to be a unique work of art. These are warships not fashion trinkets, even though they are fictional. I agree nostalgia plays a large part in the case of the dreadnought, but I honestly also just like the design. It looks rugged and reliable but also sluggish. Also the Assault Frigate Mk1 (rebel mod of the dreadnought) is one of the most beautiful ships in SW imho.

Obviously a design such as the Eclipse SSD is aesthetically more pleasing than the Carrack or the Dreadnought, but one of the charms imho of SW ships is that the ships don't have to be beautiful. They just need to 'feel' starwars. 

On 8/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, Sixpack said:

Nobody wanting the Tector?

Look at your Imperial Star Destroyer model from the top.

There, you're done. That's a Tector.

For me I want MC40as and Nebulon-B2s for the Rebellion and Empire, respectively. Medium and light. One fighter pack for TIE Avengers / Assault Gunboats / DX-9 Transports / TIE Vanguards. Rebel fighters end up with T-Wings / R-41 Starchasers / Muurian transports / and YT-2000s. Any of these items have been on my wishlist for a while, hoping that as canon content got thinner these craft would be more likely to be seen.

14 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

Lol.

Tie Avenger, TIE Droid, Assault Gunboat & Scimitar Assault Bomber for me 😁

U & K wings for the rebels.

5 hours ago, Lord Tareq said:

Not every starship design has to be a unique work of art. These are warships not fashion trinkets, even though they are fictional. I agree nostalgia plays a large part in the case of the dreadnought, but I honestly also just like the design. It looks rugged and reliable but also sluggish. Also the Assault Frigate Mk1 (rebel mod of the dreadnought) is one of the most beautiful ships in SW imho.

Obviously a design such as the Eclipse SSD is aesthetically more pleasing than the Carrack or the Dreadnought, but one of the charms imho of SW ships is that the ships don't have to be beautiful. They just need to 'feel' starwars. 

That's what I mean though, the standard shape of the Dreadnought doesn't 'feel' Starwars from a outside perspective. Sure if you played the games it'll feel starwars because that game is part of what starwars is to you. But if you are someone who watched the movies and is now looking in, you could probably say that almost all of the current Armada ships are definitely from starwars, even ones you haven't seen before. I don't think you can say that about the dreadnought. It doesn't have many of the unique visual cues that anchor it to the setting.

Oh man, you will not like my view of the Eclipse.

so edgy. much evil. show off the evil of the darkside the empire must. Look more angsty than Kylo-Ren the ship will.

11 hours ago, CMDR Kastor said:

That's what I mean though, the standard shape of the Dreadnought doesn't 'feel' Starwars from a outside perspective. Sure if you played the games it'll feel starwars because that game is part of what starwars is to you. But if you are someone who watched the movies and is now looking in, you could probably say that almost all of the current Armada ships are definitely from starwars, even ones you haven't seen before. I don't think you can say that about the dreadnought. It doesn't have many of the unique visual cues that anchor it to the setting.

Oh man, you will not like my view of the Eclipse.

so edgy. much evil. show off the evil of the darkside the empire must. Look more angsty than Kylo-Ren the ship will.

Well... there is Armada's Assault Frigate mkII which I personally somewhat dislike design-wise and is like the dreadnought only 'starwars' due to its prior depictions in old videogames. And the Raider may 'look' imperial in that its a triangle, but I find its design really uninspiring. I would have preferred the 'ugly' Lancer.

As for your view on the Eclipse, the world is big enough for our two views to coexist! ☮️

8 hours ago, Forresto said:

I’d like the last canonical named rebel ship lol

We need Dornean Gunships!

Not the last canon ships though. There was a video a few months back that laid out several designs that nobody really explored in the background of the rebel fleet at the end of ESB.

There’s the wingless Liberty which would really just be a chimaera treatment for the home one. 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:12 PM, Norsehound said:

Sure. That is a way to do it.

But that would take the chance away of getting a ship with 0 squadron value as well as the new defense token being introduced as a standard option on the good ol triangle hull.

Now, I can understand people that don't want another big triangle ship after the ISD and Chimera pack.

But the way I see it it is a good option to get out a new large ship for the empire with a lower production cost if most of the ISD hull type can simply be reused. (Then again I do not know about how ffg does it)