Piratical Moustache

Any Last Requests for the Empire and Rebels before the Clone Wars?

13 hours ago, ISD Avenger said:

So much yes! 👍🏻

Neutral stuff would be cool, station models, cargo ships etc

Totally agree on neutral stuff like AA9 -  Coruscant Freighter and a Station, Asteriods & Debris pack as they‘ve closed down space rocks. 

A medium carrier for Rebels like Sha Shore (I now timewise it‘s a bit far ahead but its beautiful!) together with 2 U-Wings and another small ship for Imperials like Vigil Class Corvette. 

Last but not least would love to see the Harrower Class Dreadnaught!

To be honest if this year was the end of new platic for the rebels and empire for a bit I'd be content. However I want a squadron pack 2 version of RIM/CC. Maybe get a nammed lambda that drops raid tokens, or defender ace with snipe, idk. Just finish the set. 

4 minutes ago, Grathew said:

To be honest if this year was the end of new platic for the rebels and empire for a bit I'd be content.

I don't think FFG will drop the OT factions. My guess is that all waves from CW release onward will have CW ships and every other wave will additionally have OT ships.

Just now, LordCola said:

I don't think FFG will drop the OT factions. My guess is that all waves from CW release onward will have CW ships and every other wave will additionally have OT ships.

Tbh I'd rather they build up the new factions quickly. Get out enough for a new core set, as some people don't care for GCW as much as the CW, and two "waves" of content. So probably two or three small ships, and either two mediums or a medium and a large from the Grand Army of the Republic. With one two two small ships, one or two mediums and whatever the Luckerhulk will be for the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Along with 4 squadrons and irregular squadrons for each faction. Before comming going to a every other schedule or just a release what we have to keep everything more or less balanced schedule. 

Besides cardboard and cardstock expansions can shake up the game just as much as plastic ones. Look at Harrow and Vanguard, or the new objectives. So as long as there aren't many or any era locked upgrades outside of the faction upgrades. I don't see an need for more ships until we have four functional factions.

If from 2020 to 2022 we get only new ships from the CW I won't mind. As I see it more than half the game is dealing with new threats, and if I get new CIS warships to shoot with my SSD thats cool. Or maybe the GAR has some new balance of squads to ships that turns the squadron meta upside down. 

3 minutes ago, Grathew said:

Tbh I'd rather they build up the new factions quickly. Get out enough for a new core set, as some people don't care for GCW as much as the CW, and two "waves" of content. So probably two or three small ships, and either two mediums or a medium and a large from the Grand Army of the Republic. With one two two small ships, one or two mediums and whatever the Luckerhulk will be for the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Along with 4 squadrons and irregular squadrons for each faction. Before comming going to a every other schedule or just a release what we have to keep everything more or less balanced schedule. 

Besides cardboard and cardstock expansions can shake up the game just as much as plastic ones. Look at Harrow and Vanguard, or the new objectives. So as long as there aren't many or any era locked upgrades outside of the faction upgrades. I don't see an need for more ships until we have four functional factions.

If from 2020 to 2022 we get only new ships from the CW I won't mind. As I see it more than half the game is dealing with new threats, and if I get new CIS warships to shoot with my SSD thats cool. Or maybe the GAR has some new balance of squads to ships that turns the squadron meta upside down. 

Don't get me wrong. If they stopped releasing new GCW ships for a year or two I too wouldn't mind. I love both time periods but I think a very large portion, possibly the majority of the current Armada playerbase prefers the GCW over the CW and I would like for everybody to get new things they are excited about. (Yeah new cards are cool but only new cards with no new ships you want to buy for two years is not gonna keep people that don't care for CW playing the game)

So I hope FFG will flesh out the new factions quickly and also have a new wave of ships for the OT players per year.

2 minutes ago, LordCola said:

...possibly the majority of the current Armada playerbase prefers the GCW over the CW and I would like for everybody to get new things they are excited about. (Yeah new cards are cool but only new cards with no new ships you want to buy for two years is not gonna keep people that don't care for CW playing the game)

Maybe I'm an outlier, as I get excited for the new content not always to use it but to see it on the table and a new challenge to face. Take the Onager for example, I honestly only care for the commander from that pack, and even him I'm a bit ehh about, same story with the Starhawk. But man do I want to see them come to the table. I want to see people build lists to Raddus drop Starhawks or charge into the bombardment from an Onager all charge of the light bergade style. Or whatever else could be done. So I struggle to see why people wouldn't stick around. Sure they might not buy anything new unless we get cardstock packs, but I don't think they would stop playing. However I am certain they will come to the forums and complain about lack of new content for their faction. 

9 minutes ago, Grathew said:

Sure they might not buy anything new unless we get cardstock packs, but I don't think they would stop playing. However I am certain they will come to the forums and complain about lack of new content for their faction. 

I think it is pretty presumptuous and arrogant to think that everybody feels the same as you, to claim that you understand what is going on in everybodys head and think that people on the forum who say they stopped playing in the last year and a half (because there was no new content except the SSD) are lying.

I love this game but I can very much imagine that people would stop playing this game if no new expansion for their factions came out in over a year and with no hope of new ones coming any time soon.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Grathew said:

Maybe I'm an outlier

7 minutes ago, LordCola said:

I think it is pretty presumptuous and arrogant to think that everybody feels the same as you.

No I don't. I also said I stuggle to see why people would leave, not that they wouldn't. 

Edited by Grathew

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Grathew said:

No I don't. 

You just said that you struggle to see how people have a different opinion than yours 

26 minutes ago, Grathew said:

So I struggle to see why people wouldn't stick around.

and then said that you don't believe people would stop playing the game

26 minutes ago, Grathew said:

but I don't think they would stop playing.

even though several people have said just that over the last one and a half years.

Edited by LordCola

Additionally I‘d love to see the Resistance Bomber - prefer it as Flotilla but Squadron would be ok too. 

Furthermore I‘ve just found an image of a beautiful MC-99

igDan7Y.jpg

2 hours ago, Belisarius09 said:

I just hope the venator is cross faction/era so the empire can use em. 

And that may be where we get our GCW content while CW content is rolled out and brought up to strength. Repaints with GCW cardboard, or at least separate cardboard.

2 hours ago, Belisarius09 said:

I just hope the venator is cross faction/era so the empire can use em. 

I do as well but I’ve got a horrible feeling they won’t (and it will perplex me no end as to why). 

I want me some imperial acclamators. 

27 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

I do as well but I’ve got a horrible feeling they won’t (and it will perplex me no end as to why). 

I want me some imperial acclamators. 

If they don't, I will. Got a place to make cards, got a source for custom ship plates! 

Not only will the Empire have some old CW ships in service, but Captain Shack and the Liberation will fight for the Rebel Alliance! 

It's my game to play, any way I want, FFG just makes it! ;)

On 8/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, CDAT said:

One more fighter pack for each faction.

So looking at what has been released for X-Wing but we do not have here are my thoughts for next pack.

Empire                                                             Rebels
TiE Reaper attack lander                              U-Wing
TiE Striker                                                        Protectorte Starfighter
TiE Punisher                                                    K-Wing
Xg-1 Star Wing (AKA Assault Gunboat)      Kihraxz Fighter

19 hours ago, axe238 said:

What happened to team Vindicator?

Anyway, still looking forward to Dornean gunship flotilla and Imperial support vessal/Dreadnought.

15 hours ago, Jukey said:

Go team Vindicator!

Team Vindicator unite!

On 8/16/2019 at 1:26 PM, M0N0LITH said:

Additionally I‘d love to see the Resistance Bomber - prefer it as Flotilla but Squadron would be ok too. 

Furthermore I‘ve just found an image of a beautiful MC-99

igDan7Y.jpg

How do you get the pics into your post?