Tom Max

Introduce Yourself

Posted (edited)

Today I'm officially joining the FFG Genesys community. Looked for an "Introduce Yourself" topic but couldn't find one so started one myself.

Hi I'm Tom, and I'm a dice rolling addict. Here to pursue my favourite side of the Tabletop Gaming hobby, that of Roleplaying. I've always enjoyed narrative gaming over competitive, and was always creating fluff lists over the must have ultimate game winning alpha strike super duper list. It helps that my other hobby is creating and writing fiction. Something which goes well for creating my own RPG setting.

Please note I'm an amateur writer and have never submitted anything to a publisher.

I'll be talking more about my history with Roleplaying on YouTube and Podcast, but I really enjoyed a brief couple of Star Wars Age of Rebellion games and so it was a no-brainer that I'd jump on the opportunity to create my own setting with Genesys. The narrative dice are my favourite, and the reason I chose Genesys over any other RPG System.

Dare I confess here that I almost started with Savage World's.

I'll be revealing my setting as I create it. I'm giving myself until September to get acquainted with Genesys, and I'll start doing videos and podcasts; which I'll share in the Your Settings subforum.

So that is my little Introduction.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Now it's your turn to introduce yourself.

Edited by Tom Max
Missed out "Your" from "Your Settings"

Hey!

We're a duo of game masters who are also new to the Fantasy Flight community, looking into all of the games and systems that FFG has to offer; but primarily staying updated and involved with the Genesys system and its community.

We very much look forward to engaging the content and material provided on this site - and we hope that includes yours in the future. Be sure to keep us informed about the progress you make on designing and publishing for Genesys, as well as the supplemental tools you described in your post (i.e. video and audio).

We're currently browsing the stickied posts and recent content on the forums, but if you or anyone else has content you think would be appropriate for novice game master's, we always appreciate the commentary.

Thank you for having us, everyone!

Hello! I'm Keith and I really like Genesys.

I'm a bit biased, because I've worked on a few Genesys titles as a freelance writer (Shadow of the Beanstalk, Player's Guide, Keforge), as well as a slew of Star Wars RPG books beforehand which basically use the same system. 

That said, I do create my own Genesys stuff for the new Foundry program under the High Metric Games imprint. The first thing we did was Ready...Fight!, an unarmed combat supplement for Genesys. 

I also run an online writing school, called Adventure Writing Academy http://www.adventurewritingacademy.com 

Otherwise, you can mostly find me at conventions running demos of Star Wars and Genesys! 

Good [insert time of day here]! My name is Christopher and I love Genesys. I'm the resident rules lawyer and am always willing to point out page number and help find rules you may be struggling to find. I had a podcast that has since ended. I do rules-related copy edits for anyone who asks (my only Foundry stuff thus far is Brain Drain and Something Strange). I don't currently have anything published on the Foundry, but you can find my Fate publications here.

Hi.  I'm a Koala who mastered the art of Human language via Eldritch dark arts.  I learned RPGs in D6 Pool (Shadowrun  & WEG SW).  Then came D20 (D&D and SW).  Then came D20 3.5 (D&D).  Then came D20 3.75 (Pathfinder), then came D20-Spycraft 2.0 and Fantasy Craft.   So far the only two games to have serious staying power was D6 Shadowrun and D20 Spycraft.  Though FantasyCraft is our go to D&D session.  (I'm just not keen on that story arc.)  FFG SW came along.  It was good.  That system went GM toolbox.  And that was good.  So... here we remain.  

Hi I'm Colin just getting into Genesis after delving into the various star Wars RPGs ffg delved into.

Not got all of them just fancy figuring out Genesys to think through other campaign ideas!

Hello, Groggy here.

I've run FFG Star Wars since 2015 in about 9 different groups over the years. I contribute to the GM Resources section of EotE when I can all under one dropbox link.

As for Genesys, I've run a steampunk/fantasy setting of my own creation and worked with a group of friends/players to create a Dragonball Z setting that's been posted here to the "Your Settings" section. Currently I have no intent to submit anything to the Foundry.

Right now I'm running Shadow of the Beanstalk (4 sessions in) and wrapping up my last Star Wars campaign (just ran the penultimate session), but more recently have gotten the chance to be a player in Star Wars.

I am new to Genesys but I like building complex interesting worlds for my friends to play in. Genesys is my new scratch for that because they got super into the preestablished world of D&D rule books...

The words, "its an RPG, but there isnt a preestablished world..." blew their minds. I have posted my setting and am working my way around a few things.

Not new to Terrinoth, having played Runebound and Descent for years. So, we wanted to use that gameworld for our D&D campaigns. However, I'm intrigued by the GENESYS system, and I'm learning it on my own, in hopes to have the group try it out for the next campaign. But since I'm the GM, I'll need to know it backwards and forwards before they do.

While putting my campaign site together, its been fun piecing together all the bits of lore from not only the recent ROT book, but from the Descent games and Runebound games we own. In doing so, I've gotten to see just how much lore is out there, and even discovered other, previous games in the setting, etc. So my site has changed to not only being for our campaign, but also as a central location for the compiled Terrinoth lore I've found.

It's been fun, and honestly, really neverending it seems!

https://www.scabard.com/pbs/campaign/235523

Hi, I am an Old time gamer. I will Play in Anything but If I run it is going to be an Edge of the Empire or a Genesys setting. Just got done running a 2 year Edge of the Empire game, never really ran anything Genesys based. Right now helping others on Conversions and Settings for Genesys, have gotten into alot of heatted discussions about the differences between Edge and Genesys. I also like to promote the NDS as well, as I have new players coming back into Gaming. Right now, I have an Edge of the Empire game that just started and could somewhere down the road be running a "Shadow of the Beanstalk" game for another friend.