Hiemfire

Discuss Nantex article in this thread.

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

Right

Mr Hoops as he shall now be known on account of all the conditions you have to meet just for a red calculate action (which is itself full of more hoops to jump through)

Which is a whole lot of questionably necessary pain when probes already set you up with full mods on approach

This guy will have to be REAL cheap to ever see play

As a Silencer user, I can tell you I don’t fly Kylo and Blackout for their mad pilot ability. It’s all about Int 5 on a good chassis. 

I hope Clarke Kret is cheap. Sun, Grievous and Kret could be the start of Separatist Aces. 

1 minute ago, Archangelspiv said:

As a Silencer user, I can tell you I don’t fly Kylo and Blackout for their mad pilot ability. It’s all about Int 5 on a good chassis. 

I hope Clarke Kret is cheap. Sun, Grievous and Kret could be the start of Separatist Aces. 

I'm hoping you'll be able to fit a cheap sun, grievous, and maul together in a list.

4 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

This x1000. If he’s not terribly priced he will see play because he’s an I5 with shenanigans. His ability could be blank and he’d see play at 5. That said, any list that can afford Sun Fac is taking Sun Fac instead literally every time. 

7 minutes ago, pyoinator said:

I'm hoping you'll be able to fit a cheap sun, grievous, and maul together in a list.

If you assume that the Nantex will be priced like Strikers, then sure. Don’t bet on getting Ensnare, though. 

30 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

If you assume that the Nantex will be priced like Strikers, then sure. Don’t bet on getting Ensnare, though. 

Maul with hate, and grievous with soulless and impervium adds up to 130, I bet I can get a Sun with ensnare for 70 points no problem. Might even be able to fit Dooku in on maul as well, though admittedly that seems unlikely

13 minutes ago, pyoinator said:

Maul with hate, and grievous with soulless and impervium adds up to 130, I bet I can get a Sun with ensnare for 70 points no problem. Might even be able to fit Dooku in on maul as well, though admittedly that seems unlikely

This would be my bet.  I'll be irked if they price them to be exactly a point over together, which wouldn't surprise me.

Besides Ensnare as the main upgrade on this ship, I'm pretty sure Afterburners is almost stapled to at least Sun Fac. Also not much discussion on Chertek, but has more consistent attack dice instead of the high ceiling of Sun Fac damage output. Granted Chertek is i4, but what if Sun Fac just set Chertek up all the time whether by getting enemy ships tractored and moving them where necessary OR Sun Fac passing Chertek a tractor token to hot potato that tractor token to an enemy ship too. I'm interested what is left from Sun Fac, Chertek, and Grievous. 6 Vultures, 3 with Discords leave 74 for Sun Fac OR 2 Bombardment Hyenas w/ Prox Mines & Delayed Fuses and 2 Discord Vultures leave 76 pts. Auto damage is good when tractor helps get them there. 

16 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

While this is probably true, and the most likely outcome is only 1 talent slot, the Nantex is probably the most likely ship we have seen to get 2 talent slots.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...

Not the TIE Interceptor?

I mean, how do you figure? The TIE/in is the closest counterpart to the A-Wing in the game, for sure. It's a hard-to-fly, nimble, extremely squishy craft that excels at blocking but is even better as an arc-dodger. A-Wing generics were useless until they got their double-talents back. Wouldn't double-talents save the Interceptor as well? Intimidation Alphas or Outmaneuver/Predator Sabers could see at least some use in fringe builds I'm sure. Of course, it more needs a price drop (32 point Alphas/38 point Sabers please!), but it would at least be something to help the poor thing out.

3 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...

Not the TIE Interceptor?

I mean, how do you figure? The TIE/in is the closest counterpart to the A-Wing in the game, for sure. It's a hard-to-fly, nimble, extremely squishy craft that excels at blocking but is even better as an arc-dodger. A-Wing generics were useless until they got their double-talents back. Wouldn't double-talents save the Interceptor as well? Intimidation Alphas or Outmaneuver/Predator Sabers could see at least some use in fringe builds I'm sure. Of course, it more needs a price drop (32 point Alphas/38 point Sabers please!), but it would at least be something to help the poor thing out.

3 atk dice in a full front arc to 2 atk dice.

Trust me as an Interceptor fan, I would be all for an improvement there. But if you are looking for ships mechanically similar to the A-wing, base firepower needs to be a part of the discussion. While the Nantex has a 3 atk bullseye, the reality is most attacks are going to come from the turret arc. The 3 atk bullseye is going to behave like in built ordinance in a similar (though less punishing)  vein as TIE Adv. X1. How many ships are there with 2 atk, 3 agility, 4 hull, and a reposition based ship ability? Outside of the A-wings that only leaves the Delta-7 and now the Nantex. If you drop the last requirement you can add in the TIE Adv. V1 and the M3-A, which gives you an idea of the kind of company the Natex is in before you look at the ship specific talents.

Am curious to see how the bullseye + side arc coverage will play out

I.e, is the space between a side arc and bullseye big enough to even fit a ship in? If Ensare is available, would the opponent be forced to roll only into the bullseye (either via tractor or trying to dodge the mobile)?

Mr Hoops' ability aside, this is a ship so different from anything else in the game that we're gonna need a lot of table-time to get even a half accurate evaluation. 

5 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Mr Hoops' ability aside, this is a ship so different from anything else in the game that we're gonna need a lot of table-time to get even a half accurate evaluation. 

Which will not, of course, prevent people from looking at its cost and immediately declaring it overpriced or underpriced (or both) without even trying it out.

7 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Am curious to see how the bullseye + side arc coverage will play out

I.e, is the space between a side arc and bullseye big enough to even fit a ship in? If Ensare is available, would the opponent be forced to roll only into the bullseye (either via tractor or trying to dodge the mobile)?

Yes, you can easily fit a ship in there at range 2-3, range 1 is tight for anything above small base though.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Which will not, of course, prevent people from looking at its cost and immediately declaring it overpriced or underpriced (or both) without even trying it out.

Par for the course, yeah

Ofc the only thing we can point out with certainty is the not-so-great 4 hull + 3 agility (less if you use tractor tokens for turret +/- repositioning)

But Rz-a2s deal with the same thing, so we have a fair estimation of what won't be overcosted  

Obviously not a perfect comparison (Nantex and awing mobiles are almost exact opposites) but it's the closest we got 

Edited by ficklegreendice