Skitch_

Apparent End of Star Wars Resistance

Posted (edited)

I just read an article from Gizmodo that talks about and shows a trailer for Star Wars Resistance season 2!

Sadly the trailer seems to imply that season 2 will be the last season. Admittedly, I was critical of the first 4 episodes of season 1 but it got a lot better and ended on a high note and the new trailer makes season 2 look great. The new season seems like it will have a lot more action and a lot more space battles with a lot more pilots (Hype, Tam, various scum individuals, etc) being featured which would only give more options for FFG for FO, Resistance, and Scum. With Disney killing off Star Wars Resistance it makes me worry that FFG will be very limited in how many more ships they will bring out for FO and Resistance factions.

That being said, maybe they are scrapping it for something else they are working on or want to make way for episode 9 and work on something else after that drops. I dunno.

Thoughts? Feelings?

Edited by Skitch_

Posted (edited)

Here's two new ships, plus possibly the first T-85 flying for the Resistance:Annotation_2019-08-14_131805.png

I think this is a FO bomber from one of the source books

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/578967096717738014/611247401189244966/Annotation_2019-08-14_131709.pngAnnotation_2019-08-14_131709.png

It was unclear to me if this was flying alongside the fireball or against it

Annotation_2019-08-14_131537.png

Resistance T-85?  

This does a good job of showing the first order taking over/controlling the rest of the republic as mentioned in the opening Last Jedi screen crawl.  (Also, please don't turn this into yet another thread complaining about TLJ, we get it.)

Edited by Whalers on the moon

8 minutes ago, Whalers on the moon said:

Annotation_2019-08-14_131537.png

Resistance T-85?  

Pretty sure it's just another T-70, but I'd be super happy to be proven wrong.

8 minutes ago, Whalers on the moon said:

Annotation_2019-08-14_131709.png

It was unclear to me if this was flying alongside the fireball or against it

Almost looks kinda Mandalorian. I thought that guy who was talking just after this shot looked Mando. Also SUPREME LEADER KYLO!!

I absolutely will buy multiple FO bombers if they look like that.

Honestly, I’m not all that surprised that it’s being shut down. It’s unfortunate for us when we need variety for our minis gaming habits, but it’s not surprising.

41 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Almost looks kinda Mandalorian. I thought that guy who was talking just after this shot looked Mando.

If this is the case we may be looking at a SLAM equipped S&V ship in that image. My usual rant about weapon positioning aside, that looks like a gunship. Fingers crossed... :D

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

If this is the case we may be looking at a SLAM equipped S&V ship in that image. My usual rant about weapon positioning aside, that looks like a gunship. Fingers crossed... :D

Ick, I hope not!  I've played enough Old Republic to know that Gunships are a cancer upon starfighter battles.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Ick, I hope not!  I've played enough Old Republic to know that Gunships are a cancer upon starfighter battles.

Not what I ment by gunship. It has huge cannons. :) The fighter in the image is keeping up with the SLAM capable Fireball which is why I hope it has the SLAM action if S&V. 

Edited by Hiemfire
Grumpy eyes misread quoted post

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

😒 2x in Hotshots and Aces...

swz63_coaxium-hyperfuel.png

Comes with only existing Illicit slot ship with SLAM.

swz63_layout.png

Possibilities I see: S&V is getting SLAM back via an upgrade or a ship, the K-Wing or Starwing is getting an Illicit slot, or FFG/Asmodee is wasting cardstock... While I think I know your preference, which is more likely?

What does any of that have to do with the term "gunship"?  O_o

Just now, JJ48 said:

What does any of that have to do with the term "gunship"?  O_o

I caught my mistake and fixed it. Sorry for the misread, I'm still really ticked about the illicit upgrade and it clouded what I saw in your post. :)

Isn't Dave Filoni stepping up in the company's structure?
It would make sense that he can't any longer take care of Resistance, and he prefers not letting others mess with his stories.

Scum can always get more ships from the Cassian & K-2SO series that is also in production.

68842628_347709742836671_732276164015004

Get'cha eyes checked ya'll, that ain't a T-70, T-85, or anything WE know about. I want to point out some interesting things.

1: It only has two guns, uppermost. Plus what look like warheads on the bottom. This is some kinda' F/A style X-Wing. Dunno' how big that canopy is. You can see T-70s behind it for comparison.
2: It's bigger, fatter, heavier. This thing might actually be Kazuda's replacement for the Fireball, if that thing gets blown up.
3: It has T-85 blood, but I'm willing to bet it's a predecessor. It certainly doesn't look as sleek or advanced, and takes more notes from the T-65 of yore than even the T-70 does.
4: It's got something else on those lower wings. No clue what. But it's heavy looking.

This is a heavy duty X-Wing of some kind, and a departure from the Incom lads we know and love. There's never been one like this before. I'll try to get better looks at it.

1 minute ago, Captain Lackwit said:

68842628_347709742836671_732276164015004

Get'cha eyes checked ya'll, that ain't a T-70, T-85, or anything WE know about. I want to point out some interesting things.

1: It only has two guns, uppermost. Plus what look like warheads on the bottom. This is some kinda' F/A style X-Wing. Dunno' how big that canopy is. You can see T-70s behind it for comparison.
2: It's bigger, fatter, heavier. This thing might actually be Kazuda's replacement for the Fireball, if that thing gets blown up.
3: It has T-85 blood, but I'm willing to bet it's a predecessor. It certainly doesn't look as sleek or advanced, and takes more notes from the T-65 of yore than even the T-70 does.
4: It's got something else on those lower wings. No clue what. But it's heavy looking.

This is a heavy duty X-Wing of some kind, and a departure from the Incom lads we know and love. There's never been one like this before. I'll try to get better looks at it.

If you look closely those "warheads" look an awful lot like the mounts that the upper cannons are hooked to and the other 2 fighters, which have the same silhouette as the one in front, have 4 cannons each. So likely a T-85 that was pressed into a fight before repairs/maintenance was completed on it. :)

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Also SUPREME LEADER KYLO!!

Having only watched the first episodes of season one, does the timespan of the series run to after The Last Jedi? Did the first season start before the events of  Episode 7?

4 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

If you look closely those "warheads" look an awful lot like the mounts that the upper cannons are hooked to and the other 2 fighters, which have the same silhouette as the one in front, have 4 cannons each. So likely a T-85 that was pressed into a fight before repairs/maintenance was completed on it. :)

Eh. Doesn’t look like a T-85 to me. 

FC8BD707-036D-4099-9D2A-C05B2D2FD28B.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Doesn't share anything with the T-85. Not a thing.

unknown.png
t_85_x_wing_starfighter___schematic_by_r

About the only similarity is the large body. Everything else is... Cobbled.

11 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Doesn't share anything with the T-85. Not a thing.

unknown.png
t_85_x_wing_starfighter___schematic_by_r

About the only similarity is the large body. Everything else is... Cobbled.

Note the full circle engine nacelles on the new version as well. The T-85 shares the half-circle nacelles of the T-70.

15 minutes ago, Jaden Corr said:

Having only watched the first episodes of season one, does the timespan of the series run to after The Last Jedi? Did the first season start before the events of  Episode 7?

The first season starts before Episode 7, and ends just before the end of Episode 7 - the destruction of the Hosnian system shows up in the final few episodes of season 1, but we don't see anything about the destruction of Starkiller Base.

44 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

Isn't Dave Filoni stepping up in the company's structure?
It would make sense that he can't any longer take care of Resistance, and he prefers not letting others mess with his stories.

Scum can always get more ships from the Cassian & K-2SO series that is also in production.

Dave Filoni hasn't been all that involved in Resistance anyway. He was busy with TCW revival. Resistance's ratings could have been better, so it's possible that's why it's ending. It also might have always been intended to be two seasons but I'd be surprised if that were the case. Also, The Mandalorian could bring more ships for Scum as well.

1592344303_Annotation2019-08-14154504.png.ea2bedc1f2dc4aa85d230cf4d0ac28f3.png

On a second watch, it appears I missed these guys.  Maybe something else in the VCX line?  They are shooting at the good guys and also have a cannon on top. 

Also, that "gunship" appears to fly alongside Hype in another scene, so am guessing it's a good guy.  It's engine glow is blue in that scene so maybe it does have some sort of afterburners/slam.  

3 hours ago, Skitch_ said:

I just read an article from Gizmodo that talks about and shows a trailer for Star Wars Resistance season 2!

Sadly the trailer seems to imply that season 2 will be the last season.

Thoughts? Feelings?

Eh, I was pretty lukewarm on the show.  They made Kaz way too much of a dumbo to really generate any sympathy for him, and the rest of the characters really didn't get enough screen time to become interesting either.  It either needed to get way better, or, well, this.

With Disney killing off Star Wars Resistance it makes me worry that FFG will be very limited in how many more ships they will bring out for FO and Resistance factions.

Well, I would start tapping EU New Republic and Imperial Remnant material and append it to these factions.  Make them sub-factions if you want to maintain purity, but there is technically plenty of post-OT material to tap into.

That being said, maybe they are scrapping it for something else they are working on

This is what I would guess.  We have The Manadalorian and Cassian getting their own shows, and it seems like Disney is bailing on "In the Future" Star Wars in favor of "During the Galactic Civil War" Star Wars.