Sign in to follow this  
Noosh

Are rebel player excited for the Starhawk?

Well, I am not a rebel player and that ship has me so excited that I am going to start playing rebels!

In general both new ships look so unbelievably amazing. This is by far the cooles looking wave only second to wave two that brought the ISD.

This is a ship that is supposed to comfortably take down ISDs in single combat. That stats don’t reflect that. I’m waiting to see details of upgrades or new mechanics.

The model is cool though. I like that. 

6 minutes ago, Church14 said:

This is a ship that is supposed to comfortably take down ISDs in single combat. That stats don’t reflect that. I’m waiting to see details of upgrades or new mechanics.

Which stats have you seen? I have only seen that picture of the base, so I don't know what the hull strength or upgrade slots are. 

9 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I think what we know of the stats it does reflect that it has 6 shields in the front 4 on each side and to me it looks like double digit hull but I can't quite make it out looks like 7 or 8 dice out the front 5 on the sides so the ship seams more defensible than an ISD and is ether puting out as much or more firepower than and ISD with a double arc. It can go toes and because of what appears to be heavy deffinses and at leat on par firepower it seams more than capable of taking out an ISD fairly comfterbaly one on one.

I really like the design of the ship and with some more color it‘ll be quite stunning but definitely interested to see the stats...

Afaik it‘ll come with 4 command dials, so maybe command 4 which would be a fair handycap for such a brawler!

19 minutes ago, Admael said:

I am very much looking forward to it. A non-Mon Cal big ship is what I've been wanting for a while.

Definitely nice to have a new Non-Mon-Cal ship - totally agree!!

Very excited. Yeah the Doom Pickle can give even a ISD-II pause, but at the end of the day its glacial Speed-2 and particle board 8-Hull isn't much to out maneuver and put holes in.

I have no idea if the Starhawk will be any better, my guess is certainly more hull value, you can see it's front arc is devastating and it's side arcs are OK. 

A Rebel ISD.... I liked the game so far because the factions were so different. From what I saw so far, it seems that now both sides have their ISDs, which is a very bad thing IMO. The cards however are interesting.

18 minutes ago, Norell said:

A Rebel ISD.... I liked the game so far because the factions were so different. From what I saw so far, it seems that now both sides have their ISDs, which is a very bad thing IMO.

Nobody's gonna say that if it gets two support teams, two ion cannons and a fleet support...

16 hours ago, flatpackhamster said:

Which stats have you seen? I have only seen that picture of the base, so I don't know what the hull strength or upgrade slots are. 

It seems like 8 dice out the front, 5 out the sides, 6/4/2 shields. I thought I saw 10 hull but now I’m not finding that.  

Basically, the armament is not decisively better. Just a smidge better. Salvo may change the math here, but given FFG’s unwillingness to keep anything out of the hands of ISDs (save experimental retrofit) there will be upgrades that give that token to ISDs as well. 

34 minutes ago, Church14 said:

It seems like 8 dice out the front, 5 out the sides, 6/4/2 shields. I thought I saw 10 hull but now I’m not finding that.  

Basically, the armament is not decisively better. Just a smidge better. Salvo may change the math here, but given FFG’s unwillingness to keep anything out of the hands of ISDs (save experimental retrofit) there will be upgrades that give that token to ISDs as well. 

It's not just down to armament.  Starhawk's side shields are as strong as an ISD's front shield.  And its front shields are as strong as a SSD.  We don't yet know how it maneuvers, or what other cards it can hold (a defensive retrofit with ECM to protect the brace means that it will be enormously difficult to get through those giant shields) or what bonuses the unique ship names will bring.

Posted (edited)

I called the starhawk last fall as my guess as to what the rebels would get next. So when the live steam of GenCon came around I was waiting and saying "starhawk, starhawk, please starhawk!!!.... Wooooooohoooooooo!!! It's a starhawk!!!!"  literally cheered in my living room while my wife rolled her eyes at me. Hahaha

So yeah I'm crazy super excited for it!!!  I think the ship will focus on its advanced tractor beam technology that is described I the aftermath book series.

Edited by Rune Taq

1 hour ago, flatpackhamster said:

It's not just down to armament.  Starhawk's side shields are as strong as an ISD's front shield.  And its front shields are as strong as a SSD.  We don't yet know how it maneuvers, or what other cards it can hold (a defensive retrofit with ECM to protect the brace means that it will be enormously difficult to get through those giant shields) or what bonuses the unique ship names will bring.

That’s all fair. When I can see upgrade slots, maneuvers, cost, and defense tokens I will probably be more excited. The little I’ve seen so far isn’t the ISD-buster I was expecting. 

Though this could be a be a fun time to buy a Mon Remonda model and have some silly headcanon fun.

1 hour ago, Piratical Moustache said:

I look forward to getting both expansions although the Onager has more of my interest because of the long range artillery ability. 

Hope both will be as interesting as they look. Definitely interested in abilities & stats, titles and upgrade cards...