xero989

Resolving two fleet Commands

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but now that we hav a ship that can take more than one fleet command, and two navigation fleet commands exist: Take Evasive Action, and Entrapment formation would spending a single nav token in the ship phase trigger both?

I can see both sides. Because the only stipulation for each card is that you spend a nav token at the start of the ship phase, and by spending a nav token you satisfie both cards stipulations. However I can see the side of at the start of the ship phase each card performs its own check so evasive action triggers in the ship phase I can discard it or spend a token I spend the token Evasive Action triggers, spend a token or discard this card, I discard the card. 

I think it is the latter because Evasive Action and Entrapment Formation trriger at the same time, the ship phase you choose what effect to resolve first, so each resolves its own Independent check, but I have slight doubts so I am wanting to know if there is a consensus on this.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, xero989 said:

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but now that we hav a ship that can take more than one fleet command, and two navigation fleet commands exist: Take Evasive Action, and Entrapment formation would spending a single nav token in the ship phase trigger both?

I can see both sides. Because the only stipulation for each card is that you spend a nav token at the start of the ship phase, and by spending a nav token you satisfie both cards stipulations. However I can see the side of at the start of the ship phase each card performs its own check so evasive action triggers in the ship phase I can discard it or spend a token I spend the token Evasive Action triggers, spend a token or discard this card, I discard the card. 

I think it is the latter because Evasive Action and Entrapment Formation trriger at the same time, the ship phase you choose what effect to resolve first, so each resolves its own Independent check, but I have slight doubts so I am wanting to know if there is a consensus on this.

You needs two nav tokens.

First you hit the timing of both "at the start of the ship phase" then choose the order of each effect. Resolve one spending the token. Then resolve the other. The token is gone.

Unless you're Executor.

Or spend token and discard.

Those both ways allow you to resolve both cards

Or Yularen actually...

Maybe something else out there.

Edited by ovinomanc3r

Nothing happens simultaneously in Armada. When things share timings you need to choose the order and resolve in that order.

Spend a token for one fleet command, and that token is GONE.  You’ll need to somehow get another token to do the second one.

In the case of the SSD, Wulff Yoularen is great, as he triggers on spend so you can get the same token back.

Executor: banking as many nav tokens as you can.

Yularen: technically will work just once as he must exhaust (so you will lack of nav token for the next round) but it is easy as banking the free nav token from a nav dial or a comms net flotilla.

Spending a nav token and discarding the other card: this will work just once.

Hondo Onaka: this also will work just once. Just be sure to choose the correct order of resolution. Fleet Commnd(1)-Hondo-Fleet command (2)

Those are the different ways to be able to resolve both fleet commands.

14 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Executor: banking as many nav tokens as you can.

Yularen: technically will work just once as he must exhaust (so you will lack of nav token for the next round) but it is easy as banking the free nav token from a nav dial or a comms net flotilla.

Spending a nav token and discarding the other card: this will work just once.

Hondo Onaka: this also will work just once. Just be sure to choose the correct order of resolution. Fleet Commnd(1)-Hondo-Fleet command (2)

Those are the different ways to be able to resolve both fleet commands.

Also Tarkin between commands.