hothorbust

Do you ever feel like the dice are against you?

Well, until the xwing dice study that happened I was going to say it’s all a psychological thing where we only remember the bad.

Now? Maybe your dice ARE trying to kill you! :) 

Just test and sort them all. Or accept random fate and pick dice from the bigger pool at random. The only dice I own that seem to hate me disproportionately from the odds I expect are my blacks. Poor Boba can roll 4 blanks spend an aim and get.... blanks. A lot. Ditto snipers.

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure my dice are really, really bad.  Everyone talks about how good red dice are, but mine consistently fail to block even 50%, even with surges.  Obi-Wan, with a dodge both times, blocked 2 out of 5, and then 1 out of 5 back to back.

And I'm reasonably certain that in a past life I offended ALL dice, because through fire support shenanigans in a game last night, I threw 18 dice at a unit of Pathfinders.  12 hits turned into 10 because of heavy cover, and with white die my opponent managed to block all but three of them.  And that was far from uncommon for my games recently.  Anyone know of a sacrifice or burnt offering I can make to the dice gods to get them to stop laughing at me? 

Edited by Alpha17

The answer to the dice problem is to share dice (or have one player provide the dice for the game.) That way, even if the dice come up hits more often then they should you are both benefiting. It removes the possibility of "his/her dice must just be better than mine!"

Yep. 

I'll make 5/6 saves when there is only one dude left in the squad. 

I'll later make 1/6 saves when it's a five man unit. 

All on red dice. 

Sure, it averages out, but it sure does happen the wrong way on most squads a little too often for my tastes. 

Posted (edited)

I can tell you this, white defense dice are legitimately awful. Multiple games playing as rebels with most (if not all) units surging to block and I can count on one hand the number of blocks rolled or converted per game.  65-70 HP across the mat and 50- something damage defended against I'll block maybe 5 to 7 a game. I know it's all about averages but it's going to take an exceptionally long time for my dice to average out at this rate. 

I can't believe I'm taking droids as my primary.... 

Edited by EchoZero

In all seriousness, I'm sure I remember the bad rolls more than the good. However, once I got the FFG dice app I feel my rolls have gotten much better.

I remember almost making a friend almost table flipping mad (and i dont blame him!) in an xwing game because his shiny regionals list literally got tabled by dice.