EagleScoutof007

New Tanks and Deployment

Since the new Tanks were announced, it made me think of the Occupier and with it's base size makes it difficult to deploy on certain deployments because it needs to be fully in your deployment zone. Maybe they'll have new rules by then, but anyone have ideas on rulings for these new huge bases for deployment?

14 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Should just amend deployment to X-wing large/epic base style: you need to have a corner/edge touching the edge of the mat.

This is actually how I and the players in my area play the occupier currently

20 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Should just amend deployment to X-wing large/epic base style: you need to have a corner/edge touching the edge of the mat.

We played that way in my group. Otherwise random terrain placement meant the tank had a heck of a time navigating under certain circumstances or deployments.

I think it makes more sense to be fair, and I was playing Rebels at the time so it was most certainly giving me a disadvantage to rule that way (though I did for the most equitable and fun event possible, and because it just makes sense logically).

28 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

That's the by far the easiest way, and I'm not sure why FFG didn't just go with that answer from the beginning.

A blanket ruling should be used. When choosing a larger model, especially for tournaments, you should be aware that then, as in real life, there will be times when it is just too bulky and large to get it where you need it all the time. Thats when you plan ahead and logistically take what will be the most useful the most often. Trust me, I found this in 40k. In for fun games, you can plan ahead when you place stuff on the field. In a tournament the organizers place it and they will often set tables in ways that large vehicles can be a hindrance.

I feel that the so long as part of the base is touching the back edge is the fairest way.

2 hours ago, EagleScoutof007 said:

Not the ones for the saber and aat. Even the occupier is longer than 6 inches

Those are the ones I'm talking about. I know how big the Occupier is.

I'm a little worried about the size of these bases. Currently the ATST and the tank have difficulties moving around on some people's map, where the terrain is very congested. These are only bigger.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:42 AM, Alpha17 said:

That's the by far the easiest way, and I'm not sure why FFG didn't just go with that answer from the beginning.

Probably why they gave it reposition