Sign in to follow this  
Dlogue

Wookies for Republic

Any word on whether the Republic can use the same Wookie unit as Rebels? I understand there's no obvious Imperial unit to hand the CIS for balance, but thematically can't see not being allowed wookies with my clones.

5 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Nothing yet. Patience! The republic isn’t even out yet for general consumers. It’ll have tons of options in no time 

More like in 4 months after initial release.

I'm putting hard money that we will eventually see cross army units.

The Wookies usable by Rebels or Clones, Bossk by the CIS or Empire

Later we'll probably see things like the Naboo Royal Guard (Reb/Rep) Trandosian Mercenaries (CIS/Imps) Mandolorians (Reb/CIS) etc. Some may even be released as stand alone sub armies, like many other miniature games do, featuring say: Wookie army with Tarfful (command), Wookie Warriors (core/if in wookie sub faction), and that Mosquito flyer as Heavy/Support (the one from RotS).

But we'll probably see a new box set announced next year for Resistance Vs. First Order before we see specialized sub factions.

On 8/14/2019 at 10:37 AM, R3dReVenge said:

More like in 4 months after initial release.

You do realize that at 4 months after release of Legion, each army only had 2 commanders, 2 corps, one support, and one heavy right? Han and commandos dropped close to the 4 month mark sure but that wasn’t for both sides yet.

Sounds like CW is right on track to me.

3 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Yeah. In no time. 4 months is not even half a school year. 

4 months is a third of a year. 

These factions will only have 3 units to play with for a quarter of a year, despite the other two factions having an entire roster. Things are going to get stale quickly -> new player base shrinks -> sales drop. Now they will rebound once consistent stuff is released for the new factions, but FFG has just decided to take the slow release route again. 

38 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

You do realize that at 4 months after release of Legion, each army only had 2 commanders, 2 corps, one support, and one heavy right? Han and commandos dropped close to the 4 month mark sure but that wasn’t for both sides yet.

Sounds like CW is right on track to me.

Actually, the CW is further behind. They will have 1 commander, 1 corp, and 1 support for 4 months. Also, they have to compete with fully fleshed out factions. 

FFG had the perfect opportunity to allow these factions to compete early and receive a massive increase in sales if they did a large Holiday release, but they dropped the ball. 

I'll still spend a lot of $$ on CW because the CW are my favorite part of SW, but it's just a disappointment, that's all. 

6 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

4 months is a third of a year. 

And not long in miniatures land. This just isn’t an instant gratification game. 

despite the other two fact but FFG has just decided to take the slow release route again. 

I don’t think they do decide a lot if the release stuff. I think there’s a lot of behind the scenes hassles that decide it for them. 

a disappointment, that's all. 

Oh I know all about that. I play Bretonnians. Also I have/had similar list limitations and longer waits for my Hoth subfaction such as it is. I basically play Empire with 3 or 4 units. It doesn’t get boring cause of the OCD cards. One of the things Legion broadly got really right. 

19 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

And not long in miniatures land. This just isn’t an instant gratification game. 

I don’t think they do decide a lot if the release stuff. I think there’s a lot of behind the scenes hassles that decide it for them. 

Oh I know all about that. I play Bretonnians. Also I have/had similar list limitations and longer waits for my Hoth subfaction such as it is. I basically play Empire with 3 or 4 units. It doesn’t get boring cause of the OCD cards. One of the things Legion broadly got really right. 

Brets have had it the worst. I used to play them back in 7th/8th ed. Then AoS happened and I left Fantasy. I really miss playing them. 

It's tough to get used to how FFG does releases vs GW. GW hypes up a release 3-4 weeks prior. They release "rumors" usually a couple months before their release too. Here, FFG releases spoilers several months in advance and then you only get to play with a couple of units. Very different.

Luckily, Clones seem to have very strong infantry + Obi and Rex seem very strong. I'll be playing them until CIS gets more releases.