Freeptop

Pulling the Strings (Nantex article up)

3 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Range 2 only, with no modification doesn't sound super great, aside from swarms, but you'll need to up your base level chump fighter to a chump fighter with a talent slot, it's gonna cots you. No cancelling dice, no rerolling dice. Wedge likes it, as it isn't his dice that are being modified, and Turr Phenirr likes it for extra actions during the activation phase, but other than that it doesn't seem super strong. 

Juke-Snap Green A-Wings will be crazy.

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

While cool and unique, the sharp emphasis on positioning is probably going to turn sun fac into the ship's Soontir fel

If you mean that the other ships rarely get used, I'm not so sure.   With Gravitational Deflection, it helps to have numerous ships nearby with a TB token.  So, if you have another ship nearby with a TB token, you can reroll 2 dice.  That's pretty nice. 

16 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

The best part is that it's apparently some kind of ordnance 😂

swz47_upgrade-snap-shot.png

The ordnance symbol is used to say whether or not a secondary weapon gives a range bonus or not (+1 red at R1 or +1 green for R3). Ordnance does not give it.  Turrets DO give it, so a Dorsal Turret firing at R1 gets 4 dice (as turrets don't have the little missile symbol).

I do have a question, though.   Let's say a Nantex moves and does a TB rotate and BR....it then gives another ship the Tractor Token at end of Activation.  Do you get to Boost or BR that ship then? Or it's just a -1 green die?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Neat. It doesn't require that another ship has the tractor token. I'd read it as "for each other tractored ship" for some reason. Thanks for doing the calcs. :)

Plus it works for a group of nantex; whoever tractors themselves can deflect for everyone in the formation, and you can easily get multiple rerolls.

3 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I do have a question, though.   Let's say a Nantex moves and does a TB rotate and BR....it then gives another ship the Tractor Token at end of Activation.  Do you get to Boost or BR that ship then? Or it's just a -1 green die?

You get to move a ship the first time it becomes tractored. It doesn't 'know' the token was on another ship, so yes, in theory the same tractor token could tractor you one way, get transferred to an opponent, then tractor them back the other way. 

Edited by Magnus Grendel

45 minutes ago, Kreen said:

I'm curious about why, and very sad that, you felt the need to take a shot at LGBTQ folks in a thread about the awesomeness of a new release.

For shame, my dude. For shame.

And if that's not your intent, great! But you might want to edit your post, since that's how it comes across.

Edit: seriously FFG? Censoring the Q from LGBTQ?

I never considered aces as LGBTQ, but I concur that picking on them in a miniatures thread is perplexing. As a probably ace myself, I saw the post and went "ok, lol." And if he didn't mean it, my "ok, lol" stands. (Asexual does not mean without a sex, btw, as I am male with the XY chromosomal pair after all. It just means that I'm not interested in sex, especially in a world fraught of plastic miniatures, countless works of literature, and hours of video games).

Now, time for P A N I C! How do we nuke Sun Fac? Medium/Large bases seem really good. Proxy mines/proton bombs and nimble bomber? Juki bois? 

7 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Fang price range including Ensare if not slightly lower is what I'm thinking.

Considering Sun Fac can potentially get a 5 die range 1 shot while the defender is rolling one less defense die, he should be costed similarly to Fenn Rau while running Ensnare. I think you are dead on with the potential costing.

1 hour ago, Kreen said:

I'm curious about why, and very sad that, you felt the need to take a shot at LGBTQ folks in a thread about the awesomeness of a new release.

For shame, my dude. For shame.

And if that's not your intent, great! But you might want to edit your post, since that's how it comes across.

Edit: seriously FFG? Censoring the Q from LGBTQ?

Yeah.... I said not one thing about LGBTQ. Educate yourself.

43 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

You get to move a ship the first time it becomes tractored. It doesn't 'know' the token was on another ship, so yes, in theory the same tractor token could tractor you one way, get transferred to an opponent, then tractor them back the other way. 

So....Sun Fac will be moving near the end.  He will get a TB Boost or BR to get into a better spot.  He can then TB Boost or BR someone else into a better spot.  That....is amazing.  It might not even be to move them into or out of firing range.  It might be to just move them into a worst spot.  So they can't avoid a Mine or Asteroid. 

Then...there is moving people so they don't have a shot.  Or out of R1. Maybe out so they can't get to use a secondary weapon.  Or out of Range of an ability.   Or...moving them so they are in a kill box with -1 Green Die.  

The possibilities are crazy.

Posted (edited)

Ensnare brings about unanswered questions I've had regarding ability que timings and entry requirements.

Can we que abilities with unmet positional requirements? RR says abilities must "trigger" to enter the que but no precise definition about what that means.

Or alternatively does the window que remain open somehow (I think this route the lesser likely of the two).

The previous cases was Anakin + Afterburners/P17 combo. The case here is, Can you do multiple ensnares without the arc requirement being met when the timing window begins?

E.g. Can Ensnare Nantex A pass a tractor to Ensnare Nantex B whose repo puts Opponent ship C, no previously in arc, in its arc, and then Ensnare Nantex B passes the tractor token to Opponent ship A using ensnare?

If yes please state if you believe so because both abilities 'trigger'/enter the que instantly (and positional checks are delayed) or if you think the window is still open after the Nantex A repo. (I swear to yoda if you invent some rule involving the word "simultaneous" not supported by the RR I will bombard your village with plasma cannons)

Edited by prauxim

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Snap Shot is using the wording from the Hotshots and Aces pack, Fireball and TIE/Ba spreads instead of the original wording from the Wave 5 announcement article's Y-Wing spread. Hopefully the upgrades with the newer wording end up in both expansions.

swz47_upgrade-snap-shot.png

Wait, if I’m reading Snap Shot right, you can perform the snap shot attack as your regular attack during the Engagement phase. Am I reading that right? There’s nothing on the card that says you can’t perform the “Attack:” header during Engagement. It’s not a very good attack, but for the Nantex, it gives you a little extra coverage when your arc is rotated. 

Just now, Herowannabe said:

Wait, if I’m reading Snap Shot right, you can perform the snap shot attack as your regular attack during the Engagement phase. Am I reading that right? There’s nothing on the card that says you can’t perform the “Attack:” header during Engagement. It’s not a very good attack, but for the Nantex, it gives you a little extra coverage when your arc is rotated. 

Correct, as far as we know at present.

2 hours ago, Mep said:

And yes, insect workers do have a sex even if their facebook page says they are "asexual".  Depending on stress levels, their facebook page could change to "complicated".

33 minutes ago, Mep said:

Yeah.... I said not one thing about LGBTQ. Educate yourself.

1. Asexuality has nothing to do with pronouns. Ace people and Non-binary people both exist, are both included under the LGBTQ banner, and are entirely different from each other (though there are people who identify with both, I’m sure.) Educate yourself, maybe?

2. Your post distinctly implies that you would continue to call somebody “him” or “her” after they asked you to call them a “them.” Even if you wouldn’t do it to their face, that’s disrespectful of their feelings.

3. One of the X-Wing designers prefers non-binary pronouns for themself. So maybe don’t make jokes invalidating one of the people who’s made this game possible for you? Especially on their forums?

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

I get the feeling that these things are going to be very difficult to fly, but very rewarding for those who master them.

They look to me like Torrents with 3 guns- but that are much harder to fly well. I like that a lot.

4 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

Sun Fac could be a royal pain. It'll be interesting to see the final pricing on the chassis and Ensnare. He has Ace stats, but his damage and defense both rely heavily on getting rid of tractor tokens at range 0-1. 

You can ram someone, tractor yourself then be a sharing kind of bug to give them the token. It’s a 2 die swing. I think he will be costly compared to the others.