Sign in to follow this  
eljms

Fenn / Xizor / Bounty Hunter

Now that Inquisitors are mainstream I'm looking to fly something different.  I quite like the 'Lando on a low initiative ship that can reinforce' trick - reinforce to help defense and then spend it to help offense once everyone's done shooting at you.  I've been experimenting with flying Xizor in the same vicinity as the Bounty Hunter to offload damage if my opponent targets him.  Against low initiative lists I split him off and fly him more as a traditional ace.  And then Fenn because the points more or less fit.

It's been a bit mixed so far, but I think that might be my fairly limited experience flying aces.

Is this just a doomed idea, or is it playable?

StarViper-class Attack Platform - •Prince Xizor - 56
    •Prince Xizor - Black Sun Kingpin (54)
        Predator (2)

Fang Fighter - •Fenn Rau - 70
    •Fenn Rau - Skull Leader (68)
        Predator (2)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - Bounty Hunter - 72
    Bounty Hunter - (64)
        •Lando Calrissian (8)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

43 minutes ago, flooze said:

The question for me is, which marker will you spend with Lando? Reinforce?

Predominantly yes.  It's red, so the bounty hunter's going to need a clear path.  I've not found that too bad though.  Tbh - if my opponent is focusing on the bounty hunter, then it's doing it's job.  I'm not going to be able to reinforce every time, I'm going to get blocked etc.  But even for a round or two, the reinforce makes it tough to take off the board and still a threat.

Just something that crossed my mind. For 74 points You can have Slaver with Lando Crew and Han Solo gunner. It has more health, bigger firepower (double mods), but way lesser mobility. Something for You to think about.

It's actually not any lesser mobility when you consider that the Bounty Hunter has to pull greens consistently! If you're going for Extended, that seems way better imo.

But I gotta ask - why Xizor? He's just...not so hot

I go with Greebwahn, Xizor has some stress problems to trigger his own ability often. you dont want to go for blues every turn on init 4.

I would choose Old T. besides Fenn as the second dmg dealer.

Fenn Rau (68)    
    Predator (2)    

Ship total: 70  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 2    

Trandoshan Slaver (54)    
    Perceptive Copilot (8)    
    Lando Calrissian (Scum) (8)    

Ship total: 70  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 6    

Old Teroch (56)    
    Predator (2)    

Ship total: 58  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 2    

Total: 198    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z97X127WY155XWW54W45WWWWY98X127W&sn=New Squadron&obs=

Slaver for the Blocks, Fangs goes for the pops.

You need to fly your Fangs very well and full of awareness to get most of out this list. If 1 of them pops early, it is so hard to get the dmg even on blocked enemies.