Sign in to follow this  
N'Kata

4As and the Big Deal

I have played a few games with 5 resistance A-wings (4 Blue squadrons + Lulo), and have had quit a bit of fun with that list. After buying the resistance transport I have been wondering if I could replace Lulo with Finn in the transport pod, and still make the list work. 

4 As and the Big Deal

Blue Squadron Recruit (33)    
    Heroic (1)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Ship total: 38    

Heroic (1)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Heroic (1)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Heroic (1)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Finn (29)    
    Heroic (1)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    
    Perceptive Copilot (8)  

Stealth Device (6)    

Ship total: 48  

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z301X172WW186Y301X172WW186Y301X172WW186Y301X172WW186Y350X172W186W54W166&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

I do not know if Stealth Device on Finn is the best idea ever. On one hand it makes Heroic trigger less, but on the other hand it gives Finn the opportunity to get a lot of green dice. If no more than two ships are firing on him each round he should be fine.  What do you think, would a shield upgrade be points better spend on him?

Furthermore; the A-wings time on target is quite good, but one could not say the same for Finn. To even it out Finn hits a lot harder, but is that enough? And do you think Finn - being a lot slower than the A-wings - could be an easy target when the As run away?

N`Kata

I have only just started playing 5 A-Wings myself.

I can't see how the list would work as Finn is so much slower than the A-Wings and would end up isolated from the rest of the squad.

If you do try it out, let us know how you get on.

From flying against A-wing/transport lists, you will be fine. You need to fly your generics in a more cagey fashion and use your mobile arc to fire behind you.... a lot. gunna take practice but ive seen it done. Nice list.

Now, I, for one, like my Finn with PA. I want to be able to pull reds and still get my focus. So that, plus Heroic, and all of a sudden, I can get to Heroic AdOps Blue As and 2 Trick Shotting Heroic AdOps Green As! It makes the punch in the squad a little more spread out and a little punchier all around, imo

Yesterday I played this list against a Rey, Jess, Bastian squad. I deployed the As in a finger four formation to the far right, and deployed Finn at approximately range two from the left end, using him as a flank threat. My opponent jousted with Rey, and tried to flank with Jess and Bastian. In the initial engagement i managed to exchange three damage on an A for taking all three shields off Rey, as well as one shield on Bastian. The As did a great job blocking and two rounds later Rey was gone, Bastian on half and I had only lost one and a half A-wing. The rest was just a matter of denying the T-70 good shots while using the A-wings rotating arc.

My opponent mostly ignored Finn in the early game, giving him the freedom he needed to continually getting three hits on attack. He did not get isolated, and his slow speed was no problem in this scenario. Maybe it would have been another story if my opponent focused on Finn from the very start. His defense was superb, and I got a lot of value from Stealth Device - at least until Bastian got three hits on a unmodified roll and I heroically rolled three green blanks into two blanks and a focus. With stealth device gone, he was a bit more woundable, and after I did a red manouver, denying him his precious focus token, a range one shot from Bastian took him out. Still, the list was a blast to fly, and I learned the importance of always ensuring that Finn gets his tokens. Maybe Pattern Analyzer is the best choice for him? I do not know, Advanced optics was great, but it is at least worth a try. 

N`Kata