kempokid

Scum 4-Ship Assortment

Wanted to find a way to use my two Vipers. Looking at something like this. All four ships have three agility, so that’s nice. Seevor and Serissu are more pests than anything but could draw attention off the Vipers depending on the opposing list.

Any recommendations for the extra 2 points? Upgrade to tractor beam on Serissu?

(64) Guri [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(10) Advanced Sensors
(2) Predator

(48) Black Sun Assassin [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(2) Predator
(2) Fire-Control System

(30) Captain Seevor [Modified TIE/ln Fighter]

(40) Serissu [M3-A Interceptor]
(0) Jamming Beam

Total points: 198

2 hours ago, kempokid said:

Any recommendations for the extra 2 points? Upgrade to tractor beam on Serissu?

I think I would go for the tractor. Gives you some sort of control element which potentially amplifies the damage output for the other ships. 

I am not sold on the fire control system on the assassin. It is cheap, but when I fly vipers I barely think about taking a target lock. The barrel roll with line focus is so good on them. 

Flew against Dalan Oberos today, was surprised that he is quite potent. 

28 minutes ago, flooze said:

I think I would go for the tractor. Gives you some sort of control element which potentially amplifies the damage output for the other ships. 

I am not sold on the fire control system on the assassin. It is cheap, but when I fly vipers I barely think about taking a target lock. The barrel roll with line focus is so good on them. 

Flew against Dalan Oberos today, was surprised that he is quite potent. 

That's a fair point re: FCS. I can change predator to fearless to get that offensive mod, and bump Serrisu up to a tractor beam and Crack Shot in the chance I get a R1 attack. Otherwise, I think I'll go for the control element over a 2 die primary.

9 minutes ago, kempokid said:

That's a fair point re: FCS. I can change predator to fearless to get that offensive mod, and bump Serrisu up to a tractor beam and Crack Shot in the chance I get a R1 attack. Otherwise, I think I'll go for the control element over a 2 die primary.

Don't change Pred out for Fearless. Assassins do not have an ability to mitigate the risk Fearless requires, and trying to lean on Serrisu to do so will just get her erased before she can do anything of substantial value in the match. Keep Pred and keep that viper dancing along the edges.

5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Don't change Pred out for Fearless. Assassins do not have an ability to mitigate the risk Fearless requires, and trying to lean on Serrisu to do so will just get her erased before she can do anything of substantial value in the match. Keep Pred and keep that viper dancing along the edges.

My thoughts are that the Assassin is not going to be a primary target and later in games, could be having to faceoff against one-two ships. In that scenario, I likely won't have the initiative advantage, so relying on Predator for mods is going to be challenging. I wouldn't go storming in out the gate to trigger fearless. 

12 minutes ago, kempokid said:

My thoughts are that the Assassin is not going to be a primary target and later in games, could be having to faceoff against one-two ships. In that scenario, I likely won't have the initiative advantage, so relying on Predator for mods is going to be challenging. I wouldn't go storming in out the gate to trigger fearless. 

Relying on Fearless will have you lying the Starviper out for your opponent's endgame pieces on a silver platter. Pred, Trick or Crack over Fearless on ship builds that don't have a way to mitigate the range 1 bonus you're giving your opponent.

31 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Relying on Fearless will have you lying the Starviper out for your opponent's endgame pieces on a silver platter. Pred, Trick or Crack over Fearless on ship builds that don't have a way to mitigate the range 1 bonus you're giving your opponent.

I see your point, and it’s valid. I guess I have a different perspective on “giving” them a R1 shot , but rather understand they’re bound to happen. 

Guri HECK yes

Seevor (and MGTs in general) begs for Trick Shot - I'd slide that in there alongside an Assassin with the same Predator/AdSen combo. Leaves room for an escape craft coordinator!

For Scum it is very hard to bring 4 Ships without a MGT or Escape craft.

Found 4 cheap Ships, all with powerfull abilities. 

Have to test how well the synergies are. If 4-Lom gets the block and Jostero is in position it can use Feedback Array to trigger Josteros ability. I think everything on this list wants 4-Lom to block.

Kavil (43)    
    Dorsal Turret (3)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (8)    

Ship total: 54  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 4    

4-LOM (49)    
    Intimidation (3)    
    0-0-0 (5)    
    Feedback Array (4)    

Ship total: 61  Half Points: 31  Threshold: 5    

Captain Jostero (42)    
Ship total: 42  Half Points: 21  Threshold: 3    

Serissu (40)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Autoblasters (2)    

Ship total: 43  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 2    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z85XW137WW90WWWWY109X122WW63W94WWY122XWWWWY132X125WW232&sn=New Squadron&obs=