Sign in to follow this  
drail14me

Vader IS in the TIE Defender in Fly Casual

Posted (edited)

Check out the latest release of Fly Casual and enjoy the Dark Lord in the TIE Defender!!

Before you start a game go to “MODS” and look for “My other ride is..”. You’ll find Vader and a few more. 

Edited title because of all the tears. 😭

Edited by drail14me

Posted (edited)

Finally downloaded the most updated version. Vader is hilariously OP even at 125 point base but still can't just be jousted at a full list.  You have to actually fly him carefully but he can solo a squad if done so. I was running a completely loaded Defender Vader at around 157 points, SR, HLC, Prockets, CD.

Edited by Jo Jo

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Finally downloaded the most updated version. Vader is hilariously OP even at 125 point base but still can't just be jousted at a full list.  You have to actually fly him carefully but he can solo a squad if done so. I was running a completely loaded Defender Vader at around 157 points, SR, HLC, Prockets, CD.

He’s a lot of fun with Supernatural! He eats force though!

Edited by drail14me

38 minutes ago, drail14me said:

He’s a lot of fun with Supernatural! He eats force though!

Especially if you spend the entire game unwittingly using his ability off the free evade then skipping the action step..... doh.

Tried him with SNR, Prockets, HLC, Collision Detector..... and NIGHT BEAST.

A very neat 200pt.

I found the extra Tie Fighter isn't really necessary. I've played him against quad Tie SFs and the quad T-70s. The T-70s were a bit tougher as they have pretty consistent dice with AO. The SFs since the AI doesn't ever rotate the arc forward usually don't have enough dice to chew through the 3 agility plus all the tokens you have with Vader.

I would actually love to fly Vader as he is in the sim against a human, or fly against him. He is an absolute beast, but he is very beatable if you can set up a decent trap. However, if you get to a point where its Vader vs 3/4 or half of a list and Vader is still pretty healthy you have basically lost.

On 8/11/2019 at 6:29 AM, Blail Blerg said:

because click bait and untruthful headlines are a sin against the empire. this suggests an official release. you should revise

In all seriousness, I'd like to see a title for Vader's TIE/x1 granting it some form of boost (even if red and tied down with tons of conditions) so he could SR boost without self-damaging. I wouldn't even care if it was stupid expensive; I want Vader in his iconic ship to be as nightmarish as he was against Phoenix Squadron and on Vrogas Vas.

12 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

Especially if you spend the entire game unwittingly using his ability off the free evade then skipping the action step..... doh.

...Yeah. That. I must have wasted so much force...

12 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

I found the extra Tie Fighter isn't really necessary

Fly Casual doesn't force you to use it, but technically you're supposed to have a minimum of 2 ships.

He is brutal, though, especially with supernatural reflexes. Being able to boost/roll and then koiogran turn, evade and focus makes it almost impossible to keep a bead on him, and he can easily shrug off a single attack.