Sign in to follow this  
That Blasted Samophlange

Bunker article!

1. Wish the act 2 had a mechanism for closing the door.

2. Probably not going to be a purchase for me - the scenario seems fun but the buy in is steep. I need to see just how big this piece is. If the piece is the same size as the 3rd party $70ish buildings than I can see it being reasonable. But from what I can guess it’s closer in scale to the Imperial Terrain small modular bunker which is $40ish.

I really like the casual play / themed battle card scenarios. I just don’t like how they’re behind expensive pay walls.

That said, I’m more likely to pick up the downed AT-ST someday, as the cost of that piece is more comparable to other pieces I could source elsewhere.

I have files to 3d print a bunker, I was really hoping this or the droids would come with new non scenario battle cards. Because it doesnt I think it's going to be a pass from me for now, we'll see after I get my droid army more together and dont have tanks looming on the horizon.

Overall I like that they have terrain now, I just really want it to either come with new things you could use in competitive play, or was priced a bit lower. I really want them to take my money I just dont know if I want to drop that much money on something I will only get some use out of a fiew times.

3 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

1. Wish the act 2 had a mechanism for closing the door.

2. Probably not going to be a purchase for me - the scenario seems fun but the buy in is steep. I need to see just how big this piece is. If the piece is the same size as the 3rd party $70ish buildings than I can see it being reasonable. But from what I can guess it’s closer in scale to the Imperial Terrain small modular bunker which is $40ish.

I really like the casual play / themed battle card scenarios. I just don’t like how they’re behind expensive pay walls.

That said, I’m more likely to pick up the downed AT-ST someday, as the cost of that piece is more comparable to other pieces I could source elsewhere.

I thought the same thing, but it looked huge in the display case at gencon. 

3 minutes ago, Pyremius said:

Based on the deployment cards, it appears to be 12" square.

I’m not so sure - it says “red player deploys within the green” which just means it will fit in that space, not that it will occupy the entire space.

7 minutes ago, Lukez said:

I thought the same thing, but it looked huge in the display case at gencon. 

I went and found some of the footage from the 5th trooper. May be the angle because it was low in the case but it didn’t look that much bigger. Maybe it is and we will all be blown away by it?

I want to like it. It looks great on paper. It’s just getting past that cost.... maybe it would be better for someone who doesn’t have a table yet and needs a center piece? Now THAT I would believe. I just have my board and loads of choices already.

It's so expensive but those missions look like they would be really fun for an entire day of legion. Really thematic too. We will see, right now there are some droids that need buying...

The scenarios look interesting, but couldn’t they have another scenario that uses the terminals that the Bunker comes with? Seems like a missed opportunity. But maybe they can use the terminals in future Objective cards. I’m still hoping they do a Battle cards pack with a bunch of new (competitive able) Objective, Deployment and Condition cards or even a campaign box with many different Battle cards focused around the campaign and a few of those Battle cards can be used in competitions.

Not sure about the price, it seems really high, but who am I kidding, I’ll probably buy it. But the Bunker, along with the Downed AT-ST, will be low priority for me. I’ll buy all my units first, then scenario/terrain if I have the extra cash.

8 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

Cool, but way to pricey. 

I thought so at first (you can even see the comments literally in this thread). But then one of my buddies offline pointed out that the terrain isn’t just a shell. There’s a full interior, and while I had to google search for the images to find a photo from GenCon to show it, it looks really, really good.

All those third party bunkers are just a shell with the outside looking cool and the inside being flat, and no floor just whatever surface you set it on.

Is it worth the cost? I now say yes it is. Doesn’t make it a must buy or top of my list - I still need my other minis first. But I could see myself picking it up someday. For sure over another third party building.

9 minutes ago, Squark said:

I'm a bit confused as to why people are upset about the scenario cards. They're not tournament legal, so you don't need an official copy. And FFG just showed them all off, so if you want to play the scenarios with your own 3rd party bunker*, you can do that right now.

The first part of this is exactly how I feel about all the “it’s not legal” crowd.

Who cares if it’s not legal for tournaments? Who defines their entire experience around tournaments?

I for one am happy FFG is catering to the Filthy Casuals like myself. More scenarios and game formats in Legion and a lot of the upcoming X-wing content is geared towards the casual with new environment cards (basically bringing legion condition cards to xwing miniatures game) and the epic format mission scenarios boxed set.

I for one am really happy it doesn't come with competitive cards, I wasnt planning to get it to begin with (to high a price for me, and I know other people in my area will snag one so we'll just use theres when we play) and had they put competitive battle cards in with it then I would have felt like I needed to buy something I didnt really want/need just to keep my battle card roster up to date.

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

I thought so at first (you can even see the comments literally in this thread). But then one of my buddies offline pointed out that the terrain isn’t just a shell. There’s a full interior, and while I had to google search for the images to find a photo from GenCon to show it, it looks really, really good.

All those third party bunkers are just a shell with the outside looking cool and the inside being flat, and no floor just whatever surface you set it on.

Is it worth the cost? I now say yes it is. Doesn’t make it a must buy or top of my list - I still need my other minis first. But I could see myself picking it up someday. For sure over another third party building.

The first part of this is exactly how I feel about all the “it’s not legal” crowd.

Who cares if it’s not legal for tournaments? Who defines their entire experience around tournaments?

I for one am happy FFG is catering to the Filthy Casuals like myself. More scenarios and game formats in Legion and a lot of the upcoming X-wing content is geared towards the casual with new environment cards (basically bringing legion condition cards to xwing miniatures game) and the epic format mission scenarios boxed set.

It's nice I agree, but when terrain cost almost as much as a core set then it's a high price point no matter the quality.

While I cannot deny that the bunker looks impressive, my issue is I can't afford to buy everything.   At a msrp of $99 Canadian, it comes down to what will get more table time..  a model with a scenario, or a say, a core set for clone wars.. the core set or even 2-3 expansions will be used a lot more for ME.  If money wasn't an issue, sure, maybe, but bang for the buck, it doesn't offer enough for a budget conscious gamer.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

How many of you are actually buying legion stuff at msrp?  I either buy off of amazon which is usually lower or from my lgs which offers pretty hefty discounts.

Good that amazon has it cheaper in the united states.   Ordering online I usually have to pay higher than MSRP.   My friendly brick and mortar store also sells for higher MSRP, but offers discounts and collect points for further discounts.    

If I order from amazon in the states I pay cheaper price, initially, but then have to wait and possibly pay imports/duties on things.   

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

I don't think it's a buy for me, way too pricey. I bought the downed at-st (which is a beautiful terrain piece) when it came out but I still haven't played the scenarios it came with, so I don't know that I got my money's worth from that one yet. Can't justify another terrain piece with a scenario I may not play when there are sooooo many cool units coming out that I need to buy.