Sign in to follow this  
RapidReload

Lando Squadron vs Defense Effects

The new Lando Squadron card lets you discard a def token to set a die to any face. That die cannot be modified again.

Does this only refer to modifications the attacker may do, or are defensive shenanigans like Brunson, Admo, Lando (the Officer) etc also prohibited.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, RapidReload said:

The new Lando Squadron card lets you discard a def token to set a die to any face. That die cannot be modified again.

Does this only refer to modifications the attacker may do, or are defensive shenanigans like Brunson, Admo, Lando (the Officer) etc also prohibited.

Cheers

There is a list of “Dice Modifications “ in the rulebook.

They involve add, spend, cancel, reroll, and things like that.  Those cannot be done.

You can brace the double damage, but you cannot evade or scatter it.

Basically everything that change the die (reroll, spend, cancel, ...) is fobidden. It is just as if the die is glued down to the table 😁
But you can modify the resulting damage. For example Brace and Derlin.

One really important part. You cannot modify this die as well. This means, you cannot change the die to an accuracy and spend it to block a defense token.

18 hours ago, Tokra said:

😁

One really important part. You cannot modify this die as well. This means, you cannot change the die to an accuracy and spend it to block a defense token.

Argh, really? I would have thought one of the main reasons to use the ability was to guarantee an accuracy to catch scatter aces? 

7 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

Argh, really? I would have thought one of the main reasons to use the ability was to guarantee an accuracy to catch scatter aces? 

Well, if you turn the die on the two damage side, his scatter cannot cancel this die. So yes, the main reason might be to catch scatter aces 😉.
He can, after all, use brace to half the damage. But depending on your other rolls, it would mean that he has to use both defense tokens. The scatter for the other dice and the brace for this two damage die. 

8 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

You can set the die to an accuracy, but then it has to stay that way. Red double hit seems better to me.

3 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

You can set the die to an accuracy, but then it has to stay that way. Red double hit seems better to me.

But that accuracy is a total waste as it can't be used. I'm looking forward to playing against Lando with a scatter ace and explaining they can't use their accuracy as I'm sure I'm not the only to misunderstand the implications of this wording! 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Zamalekite said:

But that accuracy is a total waste as it can't be used. I'm looking forward to playing against Lando with a scatter ace and explaining they can't use their accuracy as I'm sure I'm not the only to misunderstand the implications of this wording! 

Oh right, because you can't spend it... Never mind! Now I understand what Tokra meant. Guess you can't use him as a Bossk. 

Yes, it's a confusing card. 

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Yep.  Can't use that ACC to scatter it.  But the question basically is, how much damage would you be doing anyway?  Because a Guaranteed 2 that can't be scattered, only braced down to 1...  That's in some ways better.  Especially if it draws out BOTH the Brace and the Scatter on any other damage...