Sign in to follow this  
gennataos

Warfaire Weekend (St. Louis Grand Championship), Nov 8-10

So people don't have to Google-fu to find the St. Louis Grand Championship stuff, it's held at Warfaire Weekend, Nov. 8-10.  From my understanding, this was previously a Warmachine-only convention for 10 years or so, prior to expanding out to more games this year.  The housing block is now open.  Registration/ticketing is not available yet, but coming very soon.  I'll bump this thread when that begins.  

Also, to keep informed on your own, there is a Warefaire Weekend Facebook page.

Also of note, this is kind of a great area to have a convention.  It's in the midst of a heavy bar/restaurant which you can reach in minutes of walking, sometimes seconds.  You can get there and never have to get in a car all weekend.

30 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Also of note, this is kind of a great area to have a convention.  It's in the midst of a heavy bar/restaurant which you can reach in minutes of walking, sometimes seconds.  You can get there and never have to get in a car all weekend.

CURSE YOU FFG FOR HAVING WORLDS SO CLOSE TO THIS!!! (I can't make it :(

2 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

I Agree™

Too many Grand/Continental events within 2 months before and after Worlds. My wallet can only handle so much. Would've been nice to attend an event at all levels 😕

Sad reacts only (for now).

Locally, we didn't get any sort of heads up about this.  I don't think any of the competitively active local X-Wing players had a clue until the Grand Champs list came out.  We're all really happy it's happening, but also know that its timing just after Worlds could heavily impact a broader reach.  I guess that means a possibly weaker field?....but it's a Grand Champs, it should be stacked!  (I'm unconvinced even the GenCon field could be considered "stacked")

14 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Sad reacts only (for now).

Locally, we didn't get any sort of heads up about this.  I don't think any of the competitively active local X-Wing players had a clue until the Grand Champs list came out.  We're all really happy it's happening, but also know that its timing just after Worlds could heavily impact a broader reach.  I guess that means a possibly weaker field?....but it's a Grand Champs, it should be stacked!  (I'm unconvinced even the GenCon field could be considered "stacked")

Come on @gennataos, that’s no way to smack talk. Of course the field will be stacked, we’ll be there defending our turf! If people don’t show it’s because they fear the might of Arch Alliance! 

17 hours ago, WAC47 said:

Come on @gennataos, that’s no way to smack talk. Of course the field will be stacked, we’ll be there defending our turf! If people don’t show it’s because they fear the might of Arch Alliance! 

We don't need to talk smack...we just quietly do the smacking.  We sent four to GenCon, three made top 32 overall, one final table.  

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE ONE WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT.  IT'S NOT IMPORTANT.

...but muh dial covers!...

On 8/12/2019 at 9:55 AM, SpiderMana said:

I was excited to hear about a big event so close to KC, but I didn’t really consider lodging/time off for a 3-day event... 😕

The event schedule is up but the event is only two days but it is a 3 day convention.