Sign in to follow this  
Maturin

Strategic and the new objectives

Quick question:  can Strategic squadrons move objective tokens off of ships?  Many of the new objectives from RitR involve objective tokens.  I’m guessing they can’t, but thought I’d ask.  I don’t recall there being that many new missions involving relevant objective tokens just on terrain...

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Quick question:  can Strategic squadrons move objective tokens off of ships?  Many of the new objectives from RitR involve objective tokens.  I’m guessing they can’t, but thought I’d ask.  I don’t recall there being that many new missions involving relevant objective tokens just on terrain...

When objective tokens are assigned due to choosing an objective ship they are place next to the ship card so no strategic.

However, there is no further clarification about assigning objective tokens as far as I can recall.

Edited by ovinomanc3r

1 hour ago, Maturin said:

can Strategic squadrons move objective tokens off of ships?

The FAQ addresses this.

Q: Can a squadron with strategic move objective tokens that are assigned to a ship?
A: No.

From a practical perspective this is because the Objective token on a ship is placed on the SHIP CARD, not the ship base as people often assume - and it’s hard to measure distance to something that isn’t in the play area  😁

12 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

From a practical perspective this is because the Objective token on a ship is placed on the SHIP CARD, not the ship base as people often assume - and it’s hard to measure distance to something that isn’t in the play area  😁

So with a different ruling I could skim the edge of the table, pulling his objective token over to my card...  good times.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

So with a different ruling I could skim the edge of the table, pulling his objective token over to my card...  good times.

No, you play , and thus measure, within the play area.

That Is a fundamental assumption of the game.

Orherwise in tournaments, you could shoot at enemies who are by their edges near yours a table over.

Edited by Drasnighta

9 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I would put my cards as far away from the play area as possible to deny you the opportunity to do this 😋