CerberusBD

Feedback request - double firespray

Hi all, I am hearing up for a casual tournament at my FLGS and am working on a fun but still competitive double firespray list. I'd appreciate your collective feedback:

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - •Emon Azzameen - 103
    •Emon Azzameen - Shipping Magnate (74)
        Debris Gambit (4)
        •Cad Bane (4)
        Proximity Mines (6)
        Inertial Dampeners (6)
        •Andrasta (4)
        Proton Bombs (5)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - •Boba Fett - 97
    •Boba Fett - Notorious Bounty Hunter (85)
        Trick Shot (4)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)
        •Qi’ra (2)
        •Slave I (2)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Id keep em simple. Boba fett is not gonna get good use from HLC. Lining bullseye up with a barrel roll is tough, even on a small base. 

The force is strong in the game. Boba can have it with Maul crew. This allows him to boost and still have mods. Most importantly, boost into range 1 and have reroll and force.

Double firespray is gonna be all about flying and positoning. Getting your opponent to fall victim to emons bombs, and try chasing the firesprays.

Emon Azzameen (74)
Fearless (3)
Proximity Mines (6)
Andrasta (4)
Proton Bombs (5)

Boba Fett (85)
Fearless (3)
Maul (12)
Proximity Mines (6)
Slave I (2)
Total: 200

Thanks all - great ideas so far. Greebwahn, I ran your build through the FlyCasual sim a few times and Perceptive Copilot on the Firesprays is unbelievable!  I had been WAY underestimating that crew option. 

I need to try Boba with Maul next. I am so skeptical of Maul at 12 points but probably because I have just used to flying Palp around. 

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you all know how it turns out. 

This one from PhilGC a few months ago seemed kinda interesting.  It's actually 201 points after the recent adjustment, but there's room for cuts.  I think I'd like Fearless Boba over Trick Shot (doesn't really seem worth it at 4 points instead of the old 2), but there's other potential options.

https://suchanxwinghipster.wordpress.com/2019/03/14/so-you-want-to-beat-y-wings/

Boba Fett + Trick Shot + Perceptive Copilot + Proton Bombs + Slave I

Emon Azzameen + Trick Shot + L3-37 + Proximity Mines + Andrasta + Proton Bombs

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Emon Azzameen + Trick Shot + L3-37 + Proximity Mines + Andrasta + Proton Bombs

This is an interesting one. Was pondering the usefulness here but remembering how he played the squad fills in the blanks.

IIRC, he would send both straight up an edge, towards the enemy and then Talon Roll/K-turn in order to kite and make best use of Emon's ability. At this point, on the red move, Emon presumably comes under fire, can L3 for protection and open up all his banks for a nice selection of flight manoeuvres into a boost or focus, as necessary.

It's not how I like to approach with them, I hardly ever dial reds, but it clearly has merit. I believe it was largely a response to the 5 Y menace of the time and lane jousting lists in general.

I think these days, with aces making more of an impact, it possibly has a narrower range of useful applications than it did, but still.

Edited by Cuz05

1 hour ago, Cuz05 said:

At this point, on the red move, Emon presumably comes under fire, can L3 for protection and open up all his banks for a nice selection of flight manoeuvres into a boost or focus, as necessary.

Don't forget - the programming only works when you have no shields left

39 minutes ago, flooze said:

Don't forget - the programming only works when you have no shields left

Oh I didn't realise this, don't actually have the card myself. Thanks.

Thanks for the great discussion everyone. I wanted to report that I went with a very different double Firespray list based on Greebwahn's suggestion and ended up taking second place. Great list that is highly flexible and fun to fly. I appreciate all the input folks!

13 hours ago, CerberusBD said:

Thanks for the great discussion everyone. I wanted to report that I went with a very different double Firespray list based on Greebwahn's suggestion and ended up taking second place. Great list that is highly flexible and fun to fly. I appreciate all the input folks!

Well done. I’ve not gotten in another game with mine in a month but I hope to soon. 

On 8/28/2019 at 7:30 AM, CerberusBD said:

Congratulations, friend! 

On 8/28/2019 at 6:30 AM, CerberusBD said:

Well done, what was your list?

Boba with Slave 1 title, Prox mines, Perceptive Copilot + Emon with Andrasta title, Prox mines, proton bombs, and perceptive Copilot. Think it was 198 total. Strategy was to orient obstacles (rocks) into a ring and bait the opponent in. Engage among the rocks and use the Firespray's mobility and dual arcs to good effect plus bombs and mines as opportunities present. Surprisingly effective for a two ship list, especially considering they are both medium bases.