Thalandar

Future Expansions

On 8/11/2019 at 11:59 PM, devin.pike.1989 said:

I would like to see mudtroopers as well. Maybe with rebel partizans as their rebel equivalent. 

Aren't most rebels partisans already? Civilians taking up arms against an occupying force? How would they look/function differently from regular rebel troopers?

2 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

The rebel troopers have a fairly high level of uniformity despite having different jackets. I am referring to the Jedha partisans from rogue one. 

I see. Weren't those guys highly militarized? I would imagine that a partisan would be some average joe who picks up a blaster. I imagine them in-game as being quite spammy/easy to kill, but rebel troopers are already like that in a sense. I would hope that Saw's rebels would be SF or corps units. I'm not disagreeing with you just for the sake of it, I just have trouble seeing where partisans would fit in rules-wise. I would love some alternate sculpts for rebels though. That's one reason I'm so excited for the corps upgrade packs.

To stay on-topic... I'd love to see hover-tanks for the GCW factions. Hopefully someday (A year from now is my guess) we'll get the TX-130 for imperials and maybe the AAC-2 for rebels. 

12 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I am more interested in seeing Jedha Rebels in whatever form they choose to release them than having "partisan" be a unit type.  I just want moroff and the twintubes brothers!

I ignorantly did not realize Saw's cell of Jedha rebels are canonically referred to as "The Partisans".. I was imagining more the historical definition of partisan as a military unit, not their actual title. My bad. Sheesh, you'd think they'd come up with a name that's a little more creative than "The Partisans!" I would also love to see Moroff and Endrio/Benthic sculpts. I really think they could release them as an expansion similar to the way they did pathfinders, with unique heavy weapons upgrades.