Future Expansions

My wish list for other expansions:

Fleet troopers: flamethrower

Snowtrooper: scatter gun

Speeder bike: rebel riders and card to make speeders usable by rebel player

At Rts: Clone trooper rider and card so it can be used by republic

At St: captured and usable by rebel player, with limited weapons/upgrades

What are some of your ideas?

I'd like to see a close range heavy for the Scout Troopers and Rebel Commandos, maybe the scatter gun, or really just any heavy that makes it worth taking with a full squad rather than just strike teams.

I don't see a point to giving flames to fleets and scatter guns to snowies as they already have a weapon that more or less fills that roll.

"Captured" vehicle upgrades? Those should just be re-released as their own units if at all, not as upgrades. People would either need to damage their already existing models to make riders swapable or buy entirely new ones on top of the upgrade pack, seems rather cost prohibitive and liable to generate bad PR.

The only rerelease per se of an old unit that makes sense to me is the AT-RT. I don’t want to see captured this or that.

I really like the idea of a close range heavy weapon for the commandos/scouts, although the scout unit at close range is already pretty terrifying.

2 hours ago, jocke01 said:

I don't know if I would like so much mirror units as you suggest. We might as well play the same faction then.

Yeah completely agree, copying units and just letting both sides have access to the same units makes the game less interesting. AT-ST in particular is really an Imperial unit, and not something rebels are known to use. 

What I would really like to see is some sort of jetpack equipped units, either jumptroopers or darktroopers. I'm not sure what the equivalent for rebels  would be, but I don't see why they couldn't have some sort of jetpack unit. A strong, short ranged weapon for scouts/commandos would also be most welcome to make full squads a more appealing choice. 

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

Something like a Willie Pete grenade launcher. Blast, good damage, makes a damaging smoke screen around target. 

Edit: Is there a Geneva Convention is Star Wars?

They destroy entire planets, what do you think?

This will sound completely silly to some of you, but I'm kinda hoping for new premium bases for some of the new vehicles (the occupier, AAT and Saber-tank). 

The premium bases look nice and they're easy to use, but I don't have the skills to base my occupier so it doesn't look out of place with the rest of my army (also on the bases). 

26 minutes ago, Rammstein117 said:

I want to see an upgrade set for phase 2 clones, like the phase 1 upgrade set. It irks me that phase 2 clones do not have access to the long rifle DC gun. 

But they have a Mortar with Suppressive and Critical 1? 

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

But they have a Mortar with Suppressive and Critical 1? 

True but I was thinking from a lore/thematic perspective, seems odd this basic issue weapon is not available to them. I don't ever recall mortars in the films.

9 hours ago, Rammstein117 said:

I want to see an upgrade set for phase 2 clones, like the phase 1 upgrade set. It irks me that phase 2 clones do not have access to the long rifle DC gun. 

Agreed.  Seems that since TCW show, everybody forgets that the DC-15 rifle was the standard Clone weapon with the DC-15A slowly gaining parity.  I'm considering modding some spare Phase Is into Phase IIs just so I can have IIs with the DC-15. 

15 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Something like a Willie Pete grenade launcher. Blast, good damage, makes a damaging smoke screen around target. 

Edit: Is there a Geneva Convention is Star Wars?

Would the empire really acknowledge it as a war versus mere “stateless terrorists”? Would the rebellion have actually signed such a document?

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

Would the empire really acknowledge it as a war versus mere “stateless terrorists”? Would the rebellion have actually signed such a document?

Depends on the terms of the Space Geneva Convention.  Real world treaties such as the Hague Convention of 1899 specifically included bans against expanding ammunition when fighting other signatories, but left it legal with fighting colonial wars.  Fast forward a hundred years, and the US (which never actually bothered to sign the convention) has begun using hollow point ammunition against terrorists, while such ammo would be ruled illegal if fighting a peer power.  

It is doubtful, however, that even if such a document existed, that the Empire would bother to follow it.  In fact, their willingness to break any and all rules of war would likely contribute to the Tarkin Doctrine, and thus be seen as a good thing. 

19 hours ago, Thalandar said:

At Rts: Clone trooper rider and card so it can be used by republic

What are some of your ideas?

Could the BAARC speeder rider fit on there? Then just use the rebel card with the clones...

12 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I don't want to see any more "racial" units (except where it really truly makes sense like ewoks).  I wish the wookies had been called shock infantry or assault team or something and that it had been comprised of a wookie, a taalz, an ithorian and a gigoran.  

A unit of Wookiees makes sense in-universe and out, however, given the language limitations.

Most wookies seem to understand space-english just fine.  And even if they didn't, would you really want a squad that didn't have a single possession that could understand orders?  The wookies were enslaved by the empire and exported fron their honeworld.  It seems really unlikely that there would be squads of them operating in their traditional gear.

2 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Most wookies seem to understand space-english just fine.  And even if they didn't, would you really want a squad that didn't have a single possession that could understand orders?  The wookies were enslaved by the empire and exported fron their honeworld.  It seems really unlikely that there would be squads of them operating in their traditional gear.

wookiees as a unit only makes sense as Clone Wars Trooper allies

18 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Wookiees may understand Basic just fine, but how are most of their squadmates supposed to understand them?  Intersquad communication is vital.  The EU explained the very specific circumstances that helped Han learn Shyriiwook, and most average troopers won't have that background. (and let's not even start on the stupidity of him speaking it in Solo)  Leia also spent years trying to learn it, and had trouble, and she's a trained diplomat.  Even assuming that one or two people in the squad miraculously speak this very niche language, what happens when those people aren't available?  Language barriers in military units have been a thing for a long, long time, and even in a galaxy far away, they'll cause far more problems than its worth.  Creating ethnic units that speak the same language and have a similar culture and background has historically been the answer, at least as long as those populations were trusted by their governments. 

19 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Squads? No. A handful of squads or a single squad? Very likely.

Language barriers under combat is a problem still. Star Wars isn’t like Star Trek, who cheated the whole language issue by the plot device known as universal translators where everyone hears their language (how this works for first contact with a new alien race and presumably new language is conveniently ignored). Star Wars works more closely to our world, where most people understand at least one common trade language or tongue, and then have their own home languages.