Sign in to follow this  
HistoryGuy

Rotation?

5 minutes ago, HistoryGuy said:

"Worlds Collide rotates out Mars and Sanctum to make way for the Saurian Republic and the Grand Star Alliance." So what exactly does that mean?

Decks from the Worlds Collide set will contain three of Brobnar, Dis, Untamed, Logos, Shadows, Saurians or Star Alliance. There will be no decks featuring Mars or Sanctum houses.

The latter two will return at some point though, presumably at the expense of other houses.

18 hours ago, Palpster said:

Decks from the Worlds Collide set will contain three of Brobnar, Dis, Untamed, Logos, Shadows, Saurians or Star Alliance. There will be no decks featuring Mars or Sanctum houses.

The latter two will return at some point though, presumably at the expense of other houses.

Will the two houses be allowed for organized play?

Yes, all decks are legal to play in all formats, just the same as you can currently bring CoA/AoA to play against each other. To introduce new houses and still keep the seven house structure, two houses are being benched.

I would speculate that in the next release, one or both will come back and Shadows + another will take a break.

Just as long as this doesn't end up like early L5R where winners of large events got to choose what happened and both of my favorite houses were obliviated (First Ninja Clan and then Ratling Clan).

Once again the possibilities are quite numerous. If each future set will only feature 7 houses and we now have 9, several sets after the next one could just do various combinations of the 9 houses. Add that in with the legacy and maverick possibilities and it's crazy to think about.

As long as sales justify development I think we will see things like this for a long time. I think that's a good thing, but even now I have enough decks sitting around not getting played.