Sign in to follow this  
Aahz 1

Cards that get discarded and points for ship destruction

We play fairly casually so we don't really track points too carefully when ships are destroyed, but in thinking about the new Darth Vader officer card, I'm wondering about the effect of discarding cards and how that affects the total points for a ship once that ship is destroyed if a card has already been discarded.  Am I right to think that if a card is discarded before a ship is destroyed (whether by its own effect, e.g., Skilled First Officer or External Racks) or because Lord Vader kills your expensive commander before the other side can (LOL), you wouldn't count those points for purposes of the value of the destroyed ship?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Aahz 1 said:

We play fairly casually so we don't really track points too carefully when ships are destroyed, but in thinking about the new Darth Vader officer card, I'm wondering about the effect of discarding cards and how that affects the total points for a ship once that ship is destroyed if a card has already been discarded.  Am I right to think that if a card is discarded before a ship is destroyed (whether by its own effect, e.g., Skilled First Officer or External Racks) or because Lord Vader kills your expensive commander before the other side can (LOL), you wouldn't count those points for purposes of the value of the destroyed ship?

In short, even if the upgrade is discarded, if that ship was destroyed you count those points.

You can find that info on page 9 of the Rules Refference:

Scoring
Players determine their score at the end of the game.
A player’s score is the total fleet point cost of destroyed enemy ships and squadrons plus the fleet point value of any victory tokens that the player collected.
A destroyed ship’s fleet point cost includes the costs of all upgrade cards equipped to that ship.
• Discarded upgrade cards do not count toward a player’s score unless they are equipped to a destroyed ship.
• Each victory token is worth the number of fleet points indicated in the lower-right corner of the objective card used for that game.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Thanks!  We had been counting them, but with Officer Vader, was wondering if that was wrong.  Glad to know we were right, but sad that Vader doesn't have a super power.