Jarval

Raider preview - The Weight of the Empire

14 minutes ago, Mountain Dewback said:

Ah, thank you!

Trying to decide whether to buy a 1.0 Raider for $70, which comes with the Tie Advanced, or wait for the 2.0, which appears to not come with a Tie Advanced? 

The answer to this one is... do you have other huge ships already? If no, it might be more economical to hold off... Maybe. If you can get a used 1.0 Raider, or a deep discount, it might still be worth the additional $25-30 for the conversion kit.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Or both!!!!

I'm really torn on whether to even make the jump to 2.0. It'll cost me $100 easy to do so (I'm a filthy casual, no tournaments), and I'm also starting to get into Armada. Decisions, decisions! 

That Raider for X-wing looks so dead sexy though. 

Edited by Mountain Dewback

6 minutes ago, Mountain Dewback said:

I'm really torn on whether to even make the jump to 2.0. It'll cost me $100 easy to do so (I'm a filthy casual, no tournaments), and I'm also starting to get into Armada. Decisions, decisions! 

You're not kidding. I'm VERY tempted to pick up a second one to repaint in First Order colors...

31 minutes ago, Mountain Dewback said:

There are places you can print out the new dials and glue them onto the old ones.  I've done it for ships I have a ton of.  Also, I believe conversion packs will go on sale this fall.  There have already been a few sales, but I bet there will be more to come.  The conversion kits cost .50 cent per ship if you upgrade them all.

I have really enjoyed 2nd Ed and I don't really do the tournament thing.  It's a better game and much more enjoyable, especially with Munitions. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Dewback said:

Do it! 2.0 honestly is a much better game, for everyone. Casual included.

I cannot wait for the epic box to arrive so we have scenarios from ffg for 2.0. The spread looks like there’s going to be some awesome stuff like a space station raid (turret “pilot” cards spotted in the spread, etc).