Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
01jbell

Resistance Vennie After point changes

Recommended Posts

Hello. 

 

I have been crafting a slight change to Vennie based list after the points change and with very small changes to counter a mirror match up.

Any one got any opinions on this list or changes they may have tried, especially with all the new crew for resistance. 

 

the reason for the RED squadron in stead of the normal T-70 lt bastion  is the IN 3 and heroic. in a mirror match up it can shoot first and if I want either remove green tokens on vennie before she gets or remove LT bastion lock on vennie maybe. 

 

Vennie — MG-100 StarFortress 60
Trajectory Simulator 10
Perceptive Copilot 8
Veteran Turret Gunner 8
Rey 14
Seismic Charges 3
Proton Bombs 5
Ship Total: 108
Half Points: 54 Threshold: 6
   
Tallissan Lintra — RZ-2 A-Wing 36
Heroic 1
Ship Total: 37
Half Points: 19 Threshold: 2
   
Red Squadron Expert — T-70 X-Wing 47
Heroic 1
M9-G8 7
Integrated S-Foils 0
Jamming Beam 0
Ship Total: 55

Half Points: 28 Threshold: 4

 

 

thanks in advance for any opinions or advice given. 

Edited by 01jbell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two thoughts:

First, I really don't like the trajectory simulator for this ship.  The resistance bomber maneuvers like a barn, and I think it is really hard to line up a "Shot" with this.  Also, it is not two hard for you opponent to simply opt out of  approaching your bomber in such a way.  I think it is a waste of points.  You would be better off putting a plasma torpedo on the Red Expert and get two opportunities to hit something pretty hard.

Next, was kicking this around this as a way to make use of the transport's coordinate ability to help Vinnie become even more tanky (by giving him an extra action to get both focus AND calculate) while avoiding some of the pitfalls of the transport being not a heavy hitter.  This transport wants to do red maneuvers, it abuses the combo of Larma D'Ary and Patter Analyzer to get an action for itself and a coordinate action in.  Having revealed a red maneuver in then enjoys the extra dice to roll.  Next round Korr Sella help's dump the stress.  The transport could also, in theory, come up with a nice juicy range 1 shot after a red maneuver and get an Focus/TL action plus a Jam action using the same D'Ary/PA combo.  M9-G8 gives Vinnie more rerolls on offense.  Tallie is along for the ride and brings extra firepower and her turret arc for Vinnie's use.

RZ-2 A-wing - •Tallissan Lintra - 38
    •Tallissan Lintra - Deadly Approach (36)
        Heroic (1)
        Crack Shot (1)

Resistance Transport - •Cova Nell - 61
    •Cova Nell - Evacuation Escort (38)
        Heroic (1)
        •Korr Sella (6)
        •Larma D’Acy (4)
        •M9-G8 (7)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

MG-100 StarFortress - •Vennie - 101
    •Vennie - Crimson Cutter (60)
        •C-3PO (6)
        Proton Bombs (5)
        Seismic Charges (3)
        Veteran Turret Gunner (8)
        •Rey (14)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flew this with some success a few weeks ago:

 

Vennie (60)    
    Perceptive Copilot (8)    
    Rey (14)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (8)    
    
Ship total: 90  Half Points: 45  Threshold: 6    
    
Finn (29)    
    Heroic (1)    
    C-3PO (Resistance) (6)    
    
Ship total: 36  Half Points: 18  Threshold: 2    
    
Greer Sonnel (36)    
    Heroic (1)    
    
Ship total: 37  Half Points: 19  Threshold: 2    
    
Tallissan Lintra (36)    
    Heroic (1)    
    
Ship total: 37  Half Points: 19  Threshold: 2    
    
    
Total: 200    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z294XWW54W187W90WWWY350X172WW191WY270X172WWWY240X172WWW&sn=New Squadron&obs=

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just flew my Paige / VTG Vennie for the first time since points changes. I traded Lulo for heroic/crack/optics Tallie and dropped Bastian to the i1 rookie. I really missed his TL efficiency so might drop optics to get Bastian back. It’s still a strong ship and builds are many and fun. I’m trying out the stealth device/Rey version next I think 🤔😬😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tharcas said:

Two thoughts:

First, I really don't like the trajectory simulator for this ship.  The resistance bomber maneuvers like a barn, and I think it is really hard to line up a "Shot" with this.  Also, it is not two hard for you opponent to simply opt out of  approaching your bomber in such a way.  I think it is a waste of points.  You would be better off putting a plasma torpedo on the Red Expert and get two opportunities to hit something pretty hard.

Next, was kicking this around this as a way to make use of the transport's coordinate ability to help Vinnie become even more tanky (by giving him an extra action to get both focus AND calculate) while avoiding some of the pitfalls of the transport being not a heavy hitter.  This transport wants to do red maneuvers, it abuses the combo of Larma D'Ary and Patter Analyzer to get an action for itself and a coordinate action in.  Having revealed a red maneuver in then enjoys the extra dice to roll.  Next round Korr Sella help's dump the stress.  The transport could also, in theory, come up with a nice juicy range 1 shot after a red maneuver and get an Focus/TL action plus a Jam action using the same D'Ary/PA combo.  M9-G8 gives Vinnie more rerolls on offense.  Tallie is along for the ride and brings extra firepower and her turret arc for Vinnie's use.

RZ-2 A-wing - •Tallissan Lintra - 38
    •Tallissan Lintra - Deadly Approach (36)
        Heroic (1)
        Crack Shot (1)

Resistance Transport - •Cova Nell - 61
    •Cova Nell - Evacuation Escort (38)
        Heroic (1)
        •Korr Sella (6)
        •Larma D’Acy (4)
        •M9-G8 (7)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

MG-100 StarFortress - •Vennie - 101
    •Vennie - Crimson Cutter (60)
        •C-3PO (6)
        Proton Bombs (5)
        Seismic Charges (3)
        Veteran Turret Gunner (8)
        •Rey (14)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I do like that I may have to give that a try.

 

I tried using trajectory simulator yesterday at a few games and I found a few people who had heavy joust list wound still fly straight at the fortress. 

It was against 4 *arc 170 the person came straight for the bomb and was happy to trade one health on my fortress for the 4 health knocked off them. 

 

One of the others was a 6 ship tie swarm with a shuttle with the stressing crew and it forced them to change the way they set up and try and run away quickly and could not engage me easily due to the risk from seismic. 

I think overall the fear of trajectory simulato can change how a person flies their list so hard to put a price on that but I am always on the fence about including it or not. I might be wrong about the whole thing think I just need to get more experience with this kind of list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traj Sim is expensive, but in a swarm heavy meta it's worth the points.  Trading one damage on the fortress for one on every enemy ship is great. the threat of bombs (especially bombs with fuses) is a real thing.  

I've won games with the upgrade alone ... it makes games against Tie swarms, or Fang fighters much more one sided. The issue is when you face a list that can eat the single damage to give themselves better position to annihilate the bomber with massed fire. A fortress can eat a round of fire from a Tie Swarm, but it's less happy against any of the higher power massed guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 1:56 PM, 01jbell said:

I think overall the fear of trajectory simulato can change how a person flies their list so hard to put a price on that

My thoughts exactly.  Manipulation of the battlefield is important to a victory, but you really have to be able to exploit the behaviors in your opponent it produces... Personally, that is a goal I work on all the time.  Maybe if I worked on it more with this build.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 9:57 AM, Dreadai said:

I've won games with the upgrade alone ... it makes games against Tie swarms, or Fang fighters much more one sided. 

Cool!  Please elaborate.  I am always willing to learn by example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

line Up to joust a tie swarm. Rule of 11. Proton bomb out the front into the swarm. Then double tap something to death. Then proton bomb out the rear as you jump over them. Whatever doesn’t die is on 1 health after turn 4. 

Tie swarms that don’t joust in a block you can just pick apart. Honestly bomber vs tie swarm is a 90/10 matchup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a tournment today and went 2-2. I had some awful flying with vennie. I have learnt to just keep the mobile arc point left and right as no one will joust a vennie. When I had mobile arc forward and back I just kept getting shot down too quickly with out get a shot back. Mostly down to my poor flying but Vennie is not that manouravble and with high in pilots about at the mo it is hard to keep them in my front arc with out exposing one large side, then my t-70 and A wing is not enough to punish that tactic. 

First game I lost against a. Anakin, obi and two torrent list. I killed one torrent and had half points on anakin till he regan. Once they got half on vennie they spent the game running away and could just not get enough through befor time. 

2nd game

I won against a triple t-70 list due to a lucky last shot. Poe range one in to Vennie side and only one hit which I evaded. Vennie on her last life then put Poe down to half health and won by 20 MOV by pure luck. I should have lost that game I had a run of 3 or 4 turns where poe could not put a single damage on Vennie due to my mobile arcs being out of my side and kept turning around rocks or my A wing covering my none mobile arc sides.

 

3rd game. I lost against a 3 tie advance v1 with concussion missiles and super natural and a shuttle. Vennie got bumped 2 turns in a row and was whittled down to one health to quickly and not much I could do I got out flown. 

Then i won against a tug boat. Ig88A and fen. He was a new player and sent his tug boat one on one with Vennie, t-70 !and A wing lost it first round. While fen and igg-88 flanked but he chased after my A wing and T-70 while Vennie turned out and just followed Ig and fen and double tapped fen . Where i rolled 3 critical hit and a hit and he got one evade total. After that was just mop up. I did feel bad as vennie is not fun for first timers.

 

All in all I find vennie a scary and good ship however can be out flown easily due to how slow it is and poor its dial is. I think going hard on the bombs and trajectory sim was a bad idea also I think rose may be a better fit as then I can cover 270 degrees of my ship and also move the fire arc.

So while getting my *** kicked first and 3rd game and only lucked out in the 2nd. I thought up two new versions I may try. Both keep Vennie cheap. 

1st. 

 

Vennie (60)    
    C-3PO (Resistance) (6)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (8)    
    Paige Tico (7)    
    
Ship total: 81  Half Points: 41  Threshold: 6    
    
Ello Asty (56)    
    Heroic (1)    
    R2 Astromech (4)    
    Integrated S-Foils (0)    
    
Ship total: 61  Half Points: 31  Threshold: 4    
    
Black Squadron Ace (T-70) (49)    
    Heroic (1)    
    M9-G8 (7)    
    Integrated S-Foils (0)    
    
Ship total: 57  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 4    
    
    
Total: 199    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z294XWW191W90W189WWWY299X172W2WW175WWWY256X172W197WW175WWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

××××××××××××××@@@@@@@×××××××××××××

2nd list 

Vennie (60)    
    C-3PO (Resistance) (6)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (8)    
    Paige Tico (7)    
    
Ship total: 81  Half Points: 41  Threshold: 6    
    
Poe Dameron (68)    
    Heroic (1)    
    R2 Astromech (4)    
    Integrated S-Foils (0)    
    Pattern Analyzer (5)    
    Black One (2)    
    
Ship total: 80  Half Points: 40  Threshold: 4    
    
Tallissan Lintra (36)    
    Heroic (1)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    
Ship total: 38  Half Points: 19  Threshold: 2    
    
    
Total: 199    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z294XWW191W90W189WWWY231X172W2WW175W206W171WY240X172W116WW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

I am thinking i may try the first list first. 

I know I lose the A wing support but if my opponent goes for Vennie I have better supporting ships that can cause some damage. 

In both lists I would fly Vennie with the turret pointing left and right just to make sure my sides are protected also with paige means I can start setting up my turret with out having to use my action for later turns. 

 

 

Edited by 01jbell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...