Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Maturin

Best Tokens to add with Commander Agate

Recommended Posts

Kyrsta Agate lets you add a defense token to her ship.  What token would YOU add to each Rebel ship?  Is the optimal configuration double redirect/double brace?  Three redirects on an MC80H1?  Brace on any ship that doesn't have one?  Evade to power up TRC on large ships?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If not Salvo, it depends on the ship. I would add Evades to long range gunline ships, or braces if the ship doesnt have any braces. I could also see contains depending on what the flagship is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see an argument for a lot of them...  I would presume Brace or redirect make the top usage under salvo though. Just because so many rebel ships could use extras of these. 

Though I think evade may be the only non-salvo one I add. Just so I can add TRCs to a Mon karen drill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:


Though I think evade may be the only non-salvo one I add. Just so I can add TRCs to a Mon karen drill

That would probably be one of the first combos I’d try.

Or maybe Landomonition with a brace.

Or maybe Walex + Admonition + brace?  That’s effectively two more hull points for Admo, at least!

Edited by Maturin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maturin said:

That would probably be one of the first combos I’d try.

Or maybe Landomonition with a brace.

Or maybe Walex + Admonition + brace?  That’s effectively two more hull points for Admo, at least!

Walex sure is going to get used a lot more with Krysta! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still a little unclear of how she works. My understanding is that you give the flagship an extra non scatter defense token, then when you are using your defense tokens, you can use one of your original token to do it's thing, flipping it to red. Then you could spend that token, to get the effect of the one you added as long as it was different.

So if it was an MC30, you could add a brace. Then when  you are using your tokens, you could flip a redirect to red for the redirect effect, then spend it for the brace effect.

Is that what she does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, homedrone said:

I'm still a little unclear of how she works. My understanding is that you give the flagship an extra non scatter defense token, then when you are using your defense tokens, you can use one of your original token to do it's thing, flipping it to red. Then you could spend that token, to get the effect of the one you added as long as it was different.

So if it was an MC30, you could add a brace. Then when  you are using your tokens, you could flip a redirect to red for the redirect effect, then spend it for the brace effect.

Is that what she does?

Not quite.

 

Say you have said MC30 with Brace due to Her.

The enemy Shoots you.  And puts an ACC on your Brace, so you can't spend it.

 

She lets you *discard* it, in whatever state it was in, in order to Resolve it - even if you couldn't spend it.


Or, for example - You're shot by Mon Karren.  So you Brace it (as MonKarren allows you only to spend 1 token), so then you *also* Discard one of your Redirects to be able to Resolve that Redirect Token as well - even though you'd be disallowed normally.

 

Essentially, she is (herself) a kind of Super-ECM.  But with a Price of having to discard the token instead of spending it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MC80C/A and MC75 I would add a second brace. The ECM like effect can mean RBDs or EWS is more useful but when you have 2 braces it's a shame not to use them every turn if you can so I still think ECM has its uses. 

MC80S/B I don't think a third brace would help much. A second redirect is ok but the shields on non front Zones aren't that abundant. Aux shield teams however and a turn one repair command is a thing soon so I would go for that. Endeavour can already get you a contain and I don't think Agate as a Captain Needa for 10 times the cost is worth it plus another 7 points for the TRC. 

Nebulons shouldn't be considered as they are too weak, but if you have Yavarris and need to protect it, a redirect and Aux Shields will do nicely. 

Admonition with a brace will be nasty. ECM on a MC30 could now have a use but the cost soon mounts up. Foresight with a brace is ok too but I think Admonition gets priority. 

AFII and pelta may not be worth the effort to protect. Smaller vessels aren't valuable enough to use and benefit from the extra token and Cracken or Mom Mothma should probably be used instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant wait to plop her on MC80L variants. Salvo? Yes please...if its not something like "while defending...spend this token to...counter attack with HALF your attack pool at the appropriate range."

Extra Redirect with the new Support guy getting my anemic shield 2 sides up to 4s? Give me that Redirect then. (Maybe even Garm)

C&S for rerolls at long, no need for leading/qbt then can power house Spinal and Xi7s. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eliteone said:

I cant wait to plop her on MC80L variants. Salvo? Yes please...if its not something like "while defending...spend this token to...counter attack with HALF your attack pool at the appropriate range."

Extra Redirect with the new Support guy getting my anemic shield 2 sides up to 4s? Give me that Redirect then. (Maybe even Garm)

C&S for rerolls at long, no need for leading/qbt then can power house Spinal and Xi7s. 

 

Not to not to burst your bubble. But the Lib’s side shields would only go up to 3. Aux Shield Teams only raises them by 1 up to a max of 4. Still much tankier for only those 3 points and a first turn repair dial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It really depend on the role of the ship and commander.
For Ackbar i would even take an Evade, when the ship has a Turbolaser slot (for TRC).

For most other cases i would say these:
Mark II - Brace or Contain
CR90 - Brace
Hammerhead - Brace or Evade
MC30 - Brace
MC75 - Brace
MC80L - Redirect or Brace
MC80H - Brace
Pelta - Brace
Nebulon B - Redirect or Evade
Maybe with a few exeptions on special circumstances.

Brace most of the time because these nasty XI7 prevent a redirect way too good. But an extra Brace, and one that you can discard for the effect, is helping way more.

When i just see what an Admo can do with an extra Brace....
Yes, 98 points + commander is expensive. But with 2x redirect, 1x Brace, ECM, Agate and Derlin it might be really hard to take it down.
Too bad that the Foresight does not double the effect from Brace as well (lowering the damage to 1/4 😁).

Edited by Tokra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Tokra said:

For Ackbar i would even take an Evade, when the ship has a Turbolaser slot (for TRC).

Just keep in mind Commander Agate is herself a commander. So no Ackbar.

I personally strongly dislike the idea of adding Evade for TRC. That costs a whopping 27 points, for use on 1 attack. Terrible efficiency. And you restrict your options, as you can't choose to pick another token based on you opponent's list, otherwise the 7 point TRC is a complete waste.

 

For me, brace would be the default choice. My choice would alter more based on the enemy's list then my own flagship. If against an MSU or heavy squad list then may pick redirect (or evade if long range MSU). Maybe contain against Dodonna bombers. Combos well with DCO and new expert shield techs, as against certain lists, these boosted defense tokens become much better then brace and you can choose based on your opponent's fleet.

Edited by Divad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Divad said:

Just keep in mind Commander Agate is herself a commander. So no Ackbar.

Thats a good point 😁. I always forget it, because it is only working for her ship.

But even without Ackbar. It might be a good idea to use an Evade on a ship with Turbolaser that does not has an Evade so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...