Sign in to follow this  
KRKappel

Ready....Fight! An Unarmed Combat Sourcebook (Genesys Foundry)

So, Ready....Fight! is an unarmed combat supplement for the Genesys RPG on Genesys Foundry. It should make all your unarmed combat dreams come true, providing support for martial artists, wrestlers, and street brawlers alike! 

For those that don't know me, I'm Keith Ryan Kappel, and have been working as a freelance writer for FFG on twenty-some-odd Star Wars and Genesys products since January 2013. 

If you haven't given the supplement a look yet, you can check it out at

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/284412/ReadyFight-An-Unarmed-Combat-Supplement-for-Genesys 

If you've already picked it up and given it a look, consider leaving a review on drive-thru!

Edited by KRKappel

So I've got a new product up on the Genesys Foundry! Lucas Hankiao is a Muay-Thai kickboxing instructor suitable for use in your Ready....Fight! adventures and campaigns, as well as a slew of other settings!

The product contains a new talent, Body Shot, which is a great way to wear down nemesis opponents in the longer, drawn out fights in the tournament setting, as well as the Muay Boran hand wrappings made infamous my movies like the Kickboxer.

It also has an extensive profile for Lucas, giving GMs all the information they need to bring the character to life effortlessly at the table!

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/292507/ReadyFight-MicroSupplement-01-Lucas-Hankiao 

7 hours ago, WolfRider said:

I bought it for Christmas. I just started to read it but I like that the Brawl Skill is divided in two. One for Wrestling based on Brawn and the second for hitting based on Agility. Imo it makes a lot more sense than all unarmed combat handled by Brawn.

Good job, worth it's price.

Thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback and the purchase! 

On 5/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, Swordbreaker said:

@KRKappel: I noticed an errata of sorts. The Improvised Weapon Master (Improved) talent grants improvised weapons the Disorient 1 quality. This is contradictory to the advice given in the CRB on page 200 for the Disorient quality.

Ill look into this, thanks for pointing it out! 

On 5/26/2020 at 9:24 AM, Von3679 said:

As a irl martial artist, this is amazing for martial arts campaigns XD.

High praise! While I took some karate and BJJ as a kid, and I've broken up hundreds of fights as a bartender over the years, I don't really have anything in the way of first-hand fighting experience. Most of the book is inspired by my time as a very dedicated mixed-martial arts fan, and learning about the sport over the years. I'm glad it translates well for you! I did have an MMA trainer/practitioner as a playtester, which helped make sure I wasn't way off on anything.