bwingstrike

New Unit Upgrade Packs!

7 hours ago, TheHoosh said:

I actually think CIS will be able to play against the current meta right out of the gate better than Clones, I know people are down on droids, but activation control is not something to sneeze at and droids just laugh at snipers (if they had a sense of humor)

If they didn't hit like a wet noodle without commands and comm jammers weren't a thing, I'd agree. 

Clones are better able to handle the current meta, but require some risky activation play 

14 hours ago, TheHoosh said:

I actually think CIS will be able to play against the current meta right out of the gate better than Clones, I know people are down on droids, but activation control is not something to sneeze at and droids just laugh at snipers (if they had a sense of humor)

I'm curious about this as well.  What scares you coming out of the corps?  Grievious (except his Courage is so weak) maybe the rollypolly droids.  I dunno.  I've had a rough time keeping my Rebels alive with white defense dice in cover, etc.  Droids are just going to fall down and don't hit hard enough to scare anybody.

14 hours ago, TheHoosh said:

Eh, even maximized, the core set CIS will only have ten activations. (1 commander, 6 corps, 3 support)  That's in the higher range, but doesn't really offer a lot more than existing lists that can either have more firepower for similar activations, or similar firepower with more activations. 

I am struggling to see how the dc 15 clone heavy makes sense compared to the dlt.  Same dice, no native surge, critical instead of impact for 6 more points?  What am I missing here?

2 hours ago, Dosiere said:

I am struggling to see how the dc 15 clone heavy makes sense compared to the dlt.  Same dice, no native surge, critical instead of impact for 6 more points?  What am I missing here?

Likely the cost of the platform - the clone trooper wielding it, is factored in as well.  The fire support - which lets you add a weapon such as this, as well as spending friendly green tokens comes with it.   

Remember you aren't just paying for the weapon, but the trooper wielding it.

2 hours ago, Dosiere said:

And critical is more versatile than Impact; good for bypassing both armor and cover.

7 hours ago, Tirion said:

but less reliable

On armor, yes, but you also gain more total to hit chance than you give up...which is why it’s a better overall stat. 

11 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Think the range 2 rebel gun will be taken?

I doubt it. I can't see myself ever taking it over the Z-6, especially given that it's 6 more points.

11 hours ago, Dosiere said:

As the others have said, it's better against non-armored targets and the extra points also come from the base cost of Clones over stormies.  I much prefer the stats on the DC-15 over the DLT, and don't mind paying a bit more for it.  The DC-15 also makes a great candidate for fire support in conjunction with a Z-6 squad as it offers a free surge to crit off of a massive dice pool.  I've yet to make a fire support attack with that combo and it not pay off. 

4 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

I doubt it. I can't see myself ever taking it over the Z-6, especially given that it's 6 more points.

On my screen it looks like 20 pts so 2 less.  I think it is way more reliable than the Z6. I think if you have dedicated sniper units and dedicated "grab objective" units then yes, I could see taking it .

2 hours ago, buckero0 said:

On my screen it looks like 20 pts so 2 less.  I think it is way more reliable than the Z6. I think if you have dedicated sniper units and dedicated "grab objective" units then yes, I could see taking it .

It looks like 28 to me. If it's less, I would just find the extra points somewhere else to still bring Z-6s. The difference between range 3 and range 2 is huge and worth costing more and doing less damage.

6 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

As the others have said, it's better against non-armored targets and the extra points also come from the base cost of Clones over stormies.  I much prefer the stats on the DC-15 over the DLT, and don't mind paying a bit more for it.  The DC-15 also makes a great candidate for fire support in conjunction with a Z-6 squad as it offers a free surge to crit off of a massive dice pool.  I've yet to make a fire support attack with that combo and it not pay off. 

Yes, I should have factored in the extra 2 points from the beginning.  My mistake.

I just don't see critical 1 being worth 4 more points on clone troopers vs impact 1 on stormies I guess.  Stormies already get to convert every surge.  Fire support is already baked into the cost of the clones i would assume.  Even if its worth more here for some reason, 4 points for that alone seems steep.  The fact that its a critical doesnt mean much, if youre using fire support you'll have enough hits where cover/dodge mean that extra crit might as well be a hit.

Its a nice weapon, just seems overpriced compared to other options both within the army and compared to other options.

Still, having not utilized some of these new keyworsds much yet I'm hoping you are correct that its worth it. I'm very tempted to start a republic army which is why I was scrutinizing these options.

9 hours ago, Derrault said:

On armor, yes, but you also gain more total to hit chance than you give up...which is why it’s a better overall stat. 

I'm not debating at all that it is a stronger keyword

1 hour ago, Dosiere said:

Yes, I should have factored in the extra 2 points from the beginning.  My mistake.

I just don't see critical 1 being worth 4 more points on clone troopers vs impact 1 on stormies I guess.  Stormies already get to convert every surge.  Fire support is already baked into the cost of the clones i would assume.  Even if its worth more here for some reason, 4 points for that alone seems steep.  The fact that its a critical doesnt mean much, if youre using fire support you'll have enough hits where cover/dodge mean that extra crit might as well be a hit.

Its a nice weapon, just seems overpriced compared to other options both within the army and compared to other options.

Still, having not utilized some of these new keyworsds much yet I'm hoping you are correct that its worth it. I'm very tempted to start a republic army which is why I was scrutinizing these options.

you increase you chances of getting through cover by 100%.