Sign in to follow this  
ScummyRebel

Recommendations for Marking Obstacles (not the edges)

Posted (edited)

I’ve tried to mark you obstacles based on the edges in the past, but it hasn’t always worked. Additionally, there’s only so many ways to do this. I lost an obstacle at a game night where someone recovered it as theirs by mistake (don’t know who). So I’m looking for a mark on the actual surfaces that’s more clear.

So, what other marking options or solutions do you use? Stickers (links for where they’re available), marker, etc. however you mark your obstacles for gameplay.

Thanks!

Edited by ScummyRebel

I did colour the edges of a few of mine with a red marker. Other week I played a guy with the exact same. It's a common one.

Friend of mine has a hideous cartoon cabbage head on his large rock, which never fails to unsettle all of us with its sheer ugliness. They deemed the stickers too disturbing to hand out to the kids they were intended for.... He does only play it cabbage side up on casual night.

Another friend has small circular stickers on the back of his. Works well.

I never bother anymore. I have plenty of obstacles now and I'm not that fussed if I come home with a different one. I have lost my TFA large rock, which is slightly irritating, but the older one serves just as well.

Even marked, don’t bank on everything working out. An opponent and I traded rocks at GenCon. No idea when, and it’s really obvious, since I marked the side in alternating colours and he used a red sticky dot with an M on it... luckily we traded identical rocks so we remained legal through the day.

Initials sharpied onto one side works for me.

One of the local players keys his obstacles.  Yes, like how a vindictive ex would key a car - just gets out his car keys and scrapes a line through the middle of both sides.

I use the blue sticky dots that come on all the zip lock bags in each ship upgrade pack and put my initials on them. I have also been known to use the sticky part of pink sticky notes and write my last name on them.

16 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Color the edge in a unique way. Like a red/blue/red slash in the most interior corner. Hard to see on the table but easy to sort out after the game.

Yeah, I tried this and it didn’t work. So now I am missing the third largest asteroid after the first big two. :) 

17 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Somebody needs to make a scale-correct sticker of a struts-open Vulture droid, top-down, to stick on obstacles.  A small blank spot for initials would be a bonus.

(Hey, big-name podcasts with Patreons ... get on this!  You're welcome!)

I would become a patreon donor long enough to get these for all my obstacles for sure. So big name podcasts, get on it and gain an additional member :) 

20 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yeah I did the same at some tournament recently.  As long as it's the same rock I'm eally not that bothered any more.

It wasn’t in this case, and I wound up with a bonus rock I already had (returned to the venue for our community lost and found) and lost a rock I have no replacement for.

Otherwise I hear you.