MidWestScrub

[Blog] How to (Almost) Win the North American Championship.

56 minutes ago, pheaver said:

You can still fit the Palp in the list, if you drop the missiles from Grand Inq, and drop Concs to Homings on the other two Inquisitors.

The main reason for dropping Palp was that he made the Lambda more points for my opponent as he is usually the first to get halved or lost. Palp is great for when I spend force on defense but still want a double modded attack.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's the RIGHT call to make, but I noticed in the blog post that Palp had to be dropped to upgrade to the Grand Inq.  I tried to figure out a way to have both (which required the missiles to be lost from Inq and downgraded on the other two).

Posted (edited)

I've had alot of success with this list. I've been flying something similar since January and after the points change I can add Hate to both Seventh Sister and an Inquisitor if I want too. Seeing how handy sense is I might put that on her instead.

TIE Advanced v1 - •Seventh Sister - 54
    •Seventh Sister - Sadistic Interrogator (43)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Concussion Missiles (6)
        Hate (3)

TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor - 43
    Inquisitor - (35)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Concussion Missiles (6)

TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor - 43
    Inquisitor - (35)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Concussion Missiles (6)

Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle - •Colonel Jendon - 57
    •Colonel Jendon - Darth Vader’s Shuttle Pilot (46)
        Jamming Beam (0)
        •Emperor Palpatine (11)

Total: 197/200

I have not tried it with Grand Inq yet but after seeing how well it did I will give it a shot. Seventh sisters crack shot ability does come in handy at times but I wonder if having an initiative 5 ship could be better. 

Edited by IceManHG

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pheaver said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's the RIGHT call to make, but I noticed in the blog post that Palp had to be dropped to upgrade to the Grand Inq.  I tried to figure out a way to have both (which required the missiles to be lost from Inq and downgraded on the other two).

Palp definitely helps especially for Jendon shots, as I am coordinating 75% or more of the time. ST321 has made it into the list at some point, but as Jendon typically coordinates a boost, roll, or evade, it got dropped, as well. Death Troopers were fun for a bit before Wave 3, as Resistance was constantly stressing and Soontir was too, but Jedi ruined that. Wierdly I want to try Krennic and optimize GQ instead of Concussions.

Edited by 5050Saint

42 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

that. Wierdly I want to try Krennic and optimize GQ instead of Concussions.

I don't think thats weird at all. Seems a smart way of making the shuttle more threatening while not losing too much off Ginq.

Apart from the obvious targetting priority and extra points lost in combat.... Which makes the list you used look at least equally smart :D

Congrats on the run and massive props for providing one of my favourite ships some hype :)

4 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Wierdly I want to try Krennic and optimize GQ instead of Concussions.

I have tried Optimised Grand Inquisitor (not with multiple Inquisitors, but with one other heavy/solid hitter).

It's good, but I think it can only be Great in the hands of someone who truly knows what they are doing. I am not that person.
The Coordinated Roll/Boost - Linked Focus into a 1 Hard + (Other Action) is pretty nice, and makes it ludicrously funky in a knife fight.... but one-two bad rolls sees it disappearing very quickly, even with Focus/Evade/Force.
But, perhaps that is where I am going wrong (flying Grand Inquisitor too close to the action instead of way out... I was using that Coordinated Boost/Barrel Roll to potentially block my opponent).

It also has the limitation of dealing only small amounts of damage per turn by that ship... though, in the multi-Inquisitor list, that is not a bad thing as you generally will have multiple shots backing it up.
Krennic also has the advantage of basically ignoring what you roll for attack and saving all tokens for defense. Have a slightly less than good roll? No problems: Spend that picture, get your damage anyway! With two dice, it is consistent... but still fairly weak because the remainder of your shot is unlikely to deal damage. I prefer to Optimise a 3 Dice primary attack ship so that a good roll still has reasonable opportunity to damage the opponent after Krennic (which I know the Grand Inquisitor can be, but I am a little concerned about over-using the Force... but, again, I am an average-at-best player).
ST321 on Jendon is pretty good here: In my experience, if you are using Jendon/Krennic as a Coordinate boat, you are changing the target of your Optimised shot easily, whilst giving yourself a positional/token/both advantage.
Must say it feels a little sad when there are no damage cards but also no shields on the target :P

When it works, it works very well (especially anything with shields that otherwise should shrug off your primary attack).
When it doesn't, you are potentially in a lot of trouble and/or it feels a bit like you have wasted some potential.

13 hours ago, pheaver said:

I loved watching the inquisitors play.  Very nice list!  You can still fit the Palp in the list, if you drop the missiles from Grand Inq, and drop Concs to Homings on the other two Inquisitors.

Two concussions took out non regen anakin in top 4 match though. Much different game if anakin only loses 1 shield on that inital shot instead of all three. Concussions also do more work vs swarms. I like the concussion missiles in this list more than homing missiles.

9 hours ago, wurms said:

Two concussions took out non regen anakin in top 4 match though. Much different game if anakin only loses 1 shield on that inital shot instead of all three. Concussions also do more work vs swarms. I like the concussion missiles in this list more than homing missiles.

Yeah if you drop to homing missiles, the list loses any punch with the exception of GQ. That is fine against aces, but any swarms or beefy lists you have crippled yourself.

Well, I thought that I had settled my mind on a list for a tournament for Saturday, then I read this, and my mind is straight back to TAPs. Supernatural TAPs, now with added Concs. Three of them with FCS, with Jendon floating around as well.

2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Yeah if you drop to homing missiles, the list loses any punch with the exception of GQ. That is fine against aces, but any swarms or beefy lists you have crippled yourself.

What are your thoughts on replacing GQ with something like Hatchetman flying around the outside? I guess you lose sense though, unless there would be enough points for at least informant on Jendon. Hmm, just trying to add more punch, and huge threat to swarms. Proton Torpedo or even boron missiles on Vynder.

Inquisitor (35)
Fire-Control System (2)
Concussion Missiles (6)

Inquisitor (35)
Fire-Control System (2)
Concussion Missiles (6)

Colonel Jendon (46)
Informant (5)

Major Vynder (41)
Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)
Advanced SLAM (3)
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout (0)
Proton Torpedoes (13)
Total: 200

30 minutes ago, wurms said:

What are your thoughts on replacing GQ with something like Hatchetman flying around the outside? I guess you lose sense though, unless there would be enough points for at least informant on Jendon. Hmm, just trying to add more punch, and huge threat to swarms. Proton Torpedo or even boron missiles on Vynder.

Informant being limited to range 0-2 of the shuttle is odd to me since the shuttle typically isn't in the thick of the fight for a couple of rounds. SEnse is just better one one of the TIE/v1. If you drop Informant and switch Proton Torpedoes for Diamond Boron Missiles, that would be huge for antiswarm with great synergy with Conc Missiles and would free up enough points to put Sense on both Junior Inquisitors.