Sign in to follow this  
GuacCousteau

Best current way to run an XYAB list?

This is something I experimented with before to fairly mixed results, but with Prime Rebel Beef dead, I'm wondering what's next for Braylen and Wedge. U-Wing shenanigans just feel like a bit of a trap now, so I'm wondering about 4 ship lists with cheaper components to them - a solid A-Wing blocker for example.

Here's what I've got so far:

Braylen Stramm (51)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    

Ship total: 51  Half Points: 26  Threshold: 4    

Arvel Crynyd (34)    
    Predator (2)    
    Intimidation (3)    

Ship total: 39  Half Points: 20  Threshold: 2    

Wedge Antilles (55)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 58  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 3    

"Dutch" Vander (40)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (5)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Seismic Charges (3)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 4    

Total: 198    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z73XWW12WWWY51X127W122WY5X116WW5WW142Y27XW138WW5WW71W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Basic plan is to run Wedge and Arvel a little outside the two I4s, then draw Arvel in towards the middle/wherever my opponents is pointing the most ships to block/bump. The range on Dutch's ability is huge, and the ship benefitting from it doesn't need range on the target so I'm planning to run Wedge as a flanker with Dutch feeding him locks before/as he turns in.

Depending on my opponent's list, I'll either point the turret forward on Dutch and fly him straight with Braylen alongside as a combination damage/control element with a lot of health, or I'll point him diagonally and set the turret to the side to give him coverage if my opponent is using lots of low HP, arc dodgy ships. 

Braylen will just do Braylen things down the middle. 

Hopefully as many ships as possible benefit from Intimidation, and Arvel will hopefully be a fairly independent 3 dice modded attack. 

Seismic charges are there to listen the need for Dutch to turn around or rotate turret and lose his lock passing. I've gone ion over dorsal because shooting after Wedge and Braylen at an Intimidated target should hopefully make ion a viable control method. 

I'm debating changing Dutch over to just use Adv Proton Torpedoes, though, to give him a bit more punch as he'll be locking anyway. I'm also debating Horton with ICT and VTG for the same cost. Ultimately I don't think Horton's lightly modded double tap will be any better offensively than double modded Wedge, though. 

That looks very interesting but since you have Dutch handing out locks maybe Ten with Predator is a good option? He can dump stress more likely with the lock/ reroll and you even have room for FCS if you want.

Ten Numb (48)
Predator (2)
Jamming Beam (0)

Arvel Crynyd (34)
Predator (2)
Intimidation (3)

Wedge Antilles (55)
Crack Shot (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

“Dutch” Vander (40)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R4 Astromech (2)
Seismic Charges (3)
Total: 197

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Edited by LostScribe

I tried this list yesterday:

Jake Farrell (36)
Crack Shot (1)

Ten Numb (48)

Garven Dreis (47)
Proton Torpedoes (13)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

“Dutch” Vander (40)
Proton Torpedoes (13)
R4 Astromech (2)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

It works pretty well but I noticed a few things:

• Garven doesn't reliably share his focus, so it's not that valuable (contrary to Dutch)
  • Jake wants to fly on his own and arc-dodge, which means he never gets to give out  a focus

I may try something like this next time: AXYY

Few days ago I made a list That i called "the beefastic four": 4 x hability 4 pilots, all of them capable to pass tokens/actions to their budies

T-65 X-wing - •Garven Dreis - 47
    •Garven Dreis - Red Leader (47)

BTL-A4 Y-wing - •“Dutch” Vander - 53
    •“Dutch” Vander - Gold Leader (40)
        Ion Cannon Turret (5)
        Veteran Turret Gunner (8)

A/SF-01 B-wing - •Braylen Stramm - 61
    •Braylen Stramm - Blade Leader (51)
        •Squad Leader (10)

RZ-1 A-wing - •Jake Farrell - 39
    •Jake Farrell - Sage Instructor (36)
        Crack Shot (1)
        Predator (2)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Edited by DexterV

I would flank with wedge and arvel, and joust with dutch and braylen up middle, in the rocks. Try and get your opponent into a tight asteroid lane. Will pay off with ion cannon hits, and make braylens job easier with 1 straight blues.

The opponent turning to fight wedge first also exposes their back to braylen, making his job easier as well with slow blue maneuvers all day.

In my 11 games with Wedge/Jake/Braylen/Luke at system open, hyper quals, i think like 8 or 9 of my 11 opponents went for wedge first. So keep that in mind. When engaging. Dont try and be sneaky with Braylen or dutch and then miss a shot opportunity if your opponent has not committed, because even if it looks like they are going for braylen and dutch, they are probably turning in to attack wedge.

Edited by wurms

CassianBraylenJakeWedge_GS

(51) Cassian Andor [UT-60D U-wing]
(2) Lando Calrissian

(51) Braylen Stramm [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(0) Jamming Beam

(55) Wedge Antilles [T-65 X-wing]
(0) Servomotor S-foils

(36) Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]
(2) Predator
(1) Crack Shot

Total points: 198

Well , i have this build that doesn´ t have a x wing but it is a powerhouse of damage :

A Mira do desertor

(49) Bodhi Rook [UT-60D U-wing]
(0) Pivot Wing
(3) Intimidation

(40) "Dutch" Vander [BTL-A4 Y-wing]
(13) Proton Torpedoes
(3) R3 Astromech

(36) Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]
(6) Concussion Missiles
(1) Crack Shot

(48) Ten Numb [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(1) Crack Shot
(0) Jamming Beam

Total points: 200

Medium to large bases are easier to bump and the u wing can easilly use a 0 manouver to shot the back of the enemy ( Bodhi combos really well with dutch)  , 

dutch with proton and r3  is the best use of this pilot , and with bodhi it is way easier to use his ability to another ship

jake can make a target lock and also do a boost or barrel  and then gain a focus , great for attack and defense ( u want range 3 ), if u dont want stress , use dutch´s target lock 

Ten Numb is good to cover areas with his arc and he can receive target lock to make a r1 shot full modded  with crack shot