Ronu

Overlooked ships

8 minutes ago, Neos472 said:

i feel the E-Wing is a real overlooked one due to its cost but dear lord the places it can go is terrifying making this ship just a little more cheaper might make this thing viable for more than one or two in a squad and i could easily see E-Wings being the best blockers of X-Wing on account of the sheer volume of maneuvers it has available to it 

All four of the super starfighters with 3 greens and 3 red and significant about of health (E-wing, Defender, Aggressor, Silencer) are all floating at that spot where they are almost super good ships. Maybe one point drop on all of them will make them less overlooked.

1 hour ago, 5050Saint said:

All four of the super starfighters with 3 greens and 3 red and significant about of health (E-wing, Defender, Aggressor, Silencer) are all floating at that spot where they are almost super good ships. Maybe one point drop on all of them will make them less overlooked.

I think they are all super good, but one must rise to the challenge that taming these beasts presents. 

And accept the inevitable crash and burn ennui of blank green dice at a key moment. 

56 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

I think they are all super good, but one must rise to the challenge that taming these beasts presents. 

And accept the inevitable crash and burn ennui of blank green dice at a key moment. 

They are great, and I appreciate that FFG has been cautiously dropping point as you don't want them stapled to every list. As long as you don't get green dice betrayal, they are all great ships. The I1 Defender has been the sleep hit for me.

3 hours ago, Neos472 said:

i feel the E-Wing is a real overlooked one due to its cost but dear lord the places it can go is terrifying making this ship just a little more cheaper might make this thing viable for more than one or two in a squad and i could easily see E-Wings being the best blockers of X-Wing on account of the sheer volume of maneuvers it has available to it 

I don’t think the E-Wing is overlooked so much as it is, losing a battle for a similar role in a squad. X-wings and Y-wings both have similar options going for them and being cheaper might be the difference between a 4 ship list and a 3 ship list. Not really sure outside of player preference FFG makes them a more desirable option.   That 20ish something point swing is a large amount to sink in that could just upgrade the lower ship to be as good or better than the E-Wing itself.

I played 3 Ewings. A very fun list choice. They are a versatile fighter. I just think they might be a tad overcosted. Realistically, the Base Ewing could reasonably be 50 points, as x4 doesn't seem gamebreaking. They're kept from being OP by a meh set of linked actions. no focus means they can melt faster than you'd hope. 

They aren't stepped on by other ships, its very different from both Xwing and Y. 

4 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

They are great, and I appreciate that FFG has been cautiously dropping point as you don't want them stapled to every list. As long as you don't get green dice betrayal, they are all great ships. The I1 Defender has been the sleep hit for me.

I played a with a Delta a couple weeks ago and it was phenomenal alongside Vader and Soontir. My opponent decided to try to kill the defender since he could catch it but 3 rounds of shots later he still had not even scratched it. 

4 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Along the lines of Defenders and E-Wings being actually-decent, I'll even find non-Vader TIE/x1 can be very potent at times.  If you're lucky enough to roll Evades they live forever, and they'll smash stuff with 3 and 4 dice attacks with bonus crits.

What are you using them with? I like the idea of them, but rolling into engagement range with unmodified green dice feels like a way to a short piloting career.

3 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

What are you using them with? I like the idea of them, but rolling into engagement range with unmodified green dice feels like a way to a short piloting career.

I've had fun with Howlrunner + 4.

I'm not sure the lists are effective overall, but it's more like, when they work, they seem absurdly good.  When they don't work?  Yikes.