LTuser

How many maps do you own?

The one i had printed, i forgot which site i used to get it done (but even with shipping it was iirc only 17 bucks).  And for the pick, i just looked for "Planetary picks" via bing images..

For the one i made at home, i dnd't do much other than got the fabric from the store, trimmed it up, and used a tooth brush and white model (enamal) paint and just went to 'town'...

16 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

For those of you that have made custom mats (the ones that are sent off to be printed) what printing service do you use, and what do you use/where do you get your images?

I've used Inked Gaming to print a few mats now and had very good luck with them.  They are a bit pricey at $60 for a playmat, but if you have a good design it can make for some beautiful playmats.

The images have varied a bit, but my group's Jakku mat was an image provided by an X-Wing player, my Scarif Mat used an image of the shield gate in Battlefront that I pulled from an article about the Scarif DLC and a starfield I made myself, and our group's most recent Batuu map I think used an image of a planet that was created by one of the group members and an image of the Chimera that we found on the internet.  Most of them have required some photoshop work to remove undesired elements, or add desired elements.

7 hours ago, joeshmoe554 said:

I've used Inked Gaming to print a few mats now and had very good luck with them.  They are a bit pricey at $60 for a playmat, but if you have a good design it can make for some beautiful playmats.

The images have varied a bit, but my group's Jakku mat was an image provided by an X-Wing player, my Scarif Mat used an image of the shield gate in Battlefront that I pulled from an article about the Scarif DLC and a starfield I made myself, and our group's most recent Batuu map I think used an image of a planet that was created by one of the group members and an image of the Chimera that we found on the internet.  Most of them have required some photoshop work to remove undesired elements, or add desired elements.

I am intrigued! Any pictures of your maps?

1 starfield mat. Looking for a good 3'x6' mat for Epic and Armada but haven't found one yet. I prefer generic starfields as they allow play in a variety of scenarios (instead of always being stuck over Endor or Hoth). I also prefer a single mat as my board is already in two sections (two quarter-folding 4'x3' plywood sections, felted) and a single mat would help to integrate them while two mats would end up looking like two separate playing areas.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:16 AM, joeshmoe554 said:

If you wait for sale days you can get maps for $40.