LTuser

How many maps do you own?

Simple question.  For the game, how many maps do you own?

For me, its 3.  A 3ft by 4ft home made star-field map, a core map (Starkiller base, though should have been hoth), and a home made 3x3 generic planet map...

Posted (edited)

I own three but typically play on one only, since that is my only mouse pad style map. I like that type note than the pvc style maps due to being less slippery

Edited by flooze

Posted (edited)

Two.

One 90*90 for standart play, and one 120*90 for bigger games (mostly 300pts in 2v2 - we found that 150pts per player makes it fast enough to be fun, but not too small -).
Both are custom mats printed on plastic cloth, that we set on a magnetic surface (ship bases are magnetized also).

Edited by Giledhil

Technically 3. 1 homemade starmap that I built out of wood, FFG Starkiller and FFG Naboo.

However, our kitchen table is not big enough to fit a soft mat on, so I need to put the wood mat on it then unroll one of the FFG mat. I'll build a new table soon.

I have 2 mats. One is the original star field only, and one is a the 2018 System Open Mandalore mat.

I am debating pulling the trigger on a dedicated 6x3 if that format takes off in our game store with the rise of new epic. Waiting to see how that goes first of course.

11?  I usually run events, so I think any TO would have a lot more...

Folding board I made (4x3), just got a death star surface tile set and a 36x36" acrylic cover for it, 3 different system opens, Stele Open, Farmer's SKB, Mynock Open mat, FFG Endor, FFG standard starmat, Ice planet surface from InkedGaming.  I got rid of any vinyl mats a while ago, but I do have access to a plotter at work so I can create just about anything in paper :)

Actually, I'm the 2nd guy in this city to have enough to warrant a rocket launcher tube set.  A friend 3d printed some tube ends and now I can carry 6 at a time in individual tubes!

Just one, Hoth. I’ve wanted some others (like Krayt cup) but haven’t managed to acquire them. 

Plus, you really only need one. 

I guess I could use my Twilight Imperium mat as well, but that would be silly. 

12 hours ago, Amc879 said:

Just one. A black yoga mat cut to size. Its incredibely good because it it so grippy. 

You're the 3rd person, i've heard of who does that.  BUT i've yet to see a yoga mat in any store that's 3ft wide..

2 hours ago, wurms said:

Four

1) 3'x3' Felt square from a craft store I used as my first mat

So i'm not the only one who made my own starfield mat.