TechnoGolem

What heroes do you think we'll get next?

4 hours ago, Paladin Ignatius said:

I agree that both characters should have their own decks.  Falcon America had a different set of allies and enemies than Steve did, so it would make sense to give them their own decks.  However, you're also right that some overlap could occur, especially with the shield as an equipment card, or Demolition Man as an ally for both of them.

If they bring D-Man into the deck then maybe we'll see some references to the UCWF.  Considering US Agent is gonna be in the new Bucky and Falcon series I kinda wonder if we will get stuff like the UCWF in that show.  That would be fun, and they could potentially tie that into the Eternals if they wanted to make a connection between these Disney+ shows.

12 hours ago, FearLord said:

Sam Wilson Captain America art appears on the Power of Leadership card. From the art on the Cap pack though it looks like ‘classic’ Captain America is what we should be expecting. 

I would prefer more variety of characters rather than lots of versions of the same Heroes, at least initially. I’d prefer a Falcon deck to a second Cap deck for example, but to be honest it might be cool if they were to release alt hero cards like they do for Sentinels which would use the same signature cards, but have a different ability. That might be cool and could bring some variety to even classic decks.

Edit - he’s also on ‘For Justice’ and ‘Haymaker’ - possibly others.

It will likely depend on what Disney allows FFG to release.  If they are planning a Sam Wilson Captain America (Anthony Mackie first said never, now it's a maybe, and Disney say's we're not telling), then I think it's more likely than not.  I would much rather see a Falcon deck as you said.

43 minutes ago, urloony said:

It will likely depend on what Disney allows FFG to release.  If they are planning a Sam Wilson Captain America (Anthony Mackie first said never, now it's a maybe, and Disney say's we're not telling), then I think it's more likely than not.  I would much rather see a Falcon deck as you said.

Image result for falcon and the winter soldier

I think we can safely say that Falcon America's going to appear in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.  So excited!!!

43 minutes ago, Paladin Ignatius said:

I think we can safely say that Falcon America's going to appear in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.  So excited!!!

I hadn't seen this, exactly what we're hoping for.  

18 hours ago, Paladin Ignatius said:

That would be cool, but I'm not sure if Rhodey has a nemesis like Tony Stark had the Mandarin.

He doesn't. In the old comics he actually usually teams up against the Mandarin.
But given that Tony is out might be interesting to tackle how WM tries both to walk his own path in the aftermath AND still honor the memory of his friend.
And given that we never got the satisfaction of a true Mandarin vs Tony. This could be an interesting VS.

Though I have little hope he'll get his own movie given the future lineups. Odds are he'll be totally sidelined. A shame.

Anyway i'm curious if we'll see a Warmachine hero pack anytime soon.
Or an Infamous Iron Man. (Doctor Doom hero) 
Eventually.

On 8/31/2019 at 3:17 AM, urloony said:

I hadn't seen this, exactly what we're hoping for.  

I was actually hoping for a Bucky Captain America, like in the comics after Steve Rogers is assassinated following the Civil War

He made a much better Cap than Falcon ever did

1 hour ago, cheapmate said:

I was actually hoping for a Bucky Captain America, like in the comics after Steve Rogers is assassinated following the Civil War

There's plenty of time for character cross-overs once the game is established, I think it's great for a game that's just getting established to follow traditional character lines.  I would have preferred to see original Captain Marvel or Monica Rambeau and Ms. Marvel Carol Danvers.  Alas, we have modern iterations.   

20 hours ago, Darthvegeta8000 said:

He doesn't. In the old comics he actually usually teams up against the Mandarin.
But given that Tony is out might be interesting to tackle how WM tries both to walk his own path in the aftermath AND still honor the memory of his friend.
And given that we never got the satisfaction of a true Mandarin vs Tony. This could be an interesting VS.

Though I have little hope he'll get his own movie given the future lineups. Odds are he'll be totally sidelined. A shame.

Anyway i'm curious if we'll see a Warmachine hero pack anytime soon.
Or an Infamous Iron Man. (Doctor Doom hero) 
Eventually.

Hey, I'm on board for that.

18 hours ago, cheapmate said:

According to both the producer and the actors, both Bucky and Falcon will use the shield in the show, probably the same way Steve and the Winter Soldier did during Captain America: Civil War, so that should take care of Captain Bucky.  Also, the MCU is technically correct in choosing Sam to carry the shield.  In the comics, Steve chooses Sam to be his replacement when he is depowered and grows old; Bucky decides to be his replacement following Steve's assassination.

19 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

Every time someone says Bucky.  I hear Bucky O’Hare

Well it's tangentially related considering Bucky O'Hare was co-created by Larry Hama who was a long time Marvel writer/editor.  Also his TV show theme song gets stuck in your head so I can understand it.

If we see any Halfworld stuff we'll get some Buck O'Hare-like content. If we get a Rocket deck we might get some Halfworld stuff.  Actually I think the most logical pick for Rocket's nemesis would be Blackjack O'Hare.   That guy is never getting his own villain deck and he's the big reoccurring villain in Rocket solo stories.

Edited by phillos

On 9/2/2019 at 2:56 PM, Paladin Ignatius said:

According to both the producer and the actors, both Bucky and Falcon will use the shield in the show, probably the same way Steve and the Winter Soldier did during Captain America: Civil War, so that should take care of Captain Bucky.  Also, the MCU is technically correct in choosing Sam to carry the shield.  In the comics, Steve chooses Sam to be his replacement when he is depowered and grows old; Bucky decides to be his replacement following Steve's assassination.

Doesn’t change the fact that Bucky made the better Cap

Also in the TV show there is the possibility for a John Walker Captain

2 hours ago, cheapmate said:

Doesn’t change the fact that Bucky made the better Cap

Also in the TV show there is the possibility for a John Walker Captain

I'll agree to disagree.  Bucky didn't possess the oratory skills that Sam did, a necessary part of being Captain America.  Walker being the official government Cap is actually what happened in the comics, so I've always assumed that we would get some "who's the true Captain America" action.  What I'm interested in is how does (Baron) Zemo figure into all of this?

Ok so, based on the Avengers Assemble card from the Captain America pack, I’m thinking that Thor and Ghost Rider are on the near horizon. (The card art features: She-Hulk, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Thor, and Ghost Rider)

53 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Ok so, based on the Avengers Assemble card from the Captain America pack, I’m thinking that Thor and Ghost Rider are on the near horizon. (The card art features: She-Hulk, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Thor, and Ghost Rider)

Those are the current Avengers in the comics. Onlt notable commission is Black Panther, who is the current chairman.

Thor is definitely coming, and probably aggression.

A justice Ghost Rider wouldnt be that surprising I think.

Edited by Radix2309

7 hours ago, Radix2309 said:

Those are the current Avengers in the comics. Onlt notable commission is Black Panther, who is the current chairman.

Thor is definitely coming, and probably aggression.

A justice Ghost Rider wouldnt be that surprising I think.

Black Panther is in the starter, so he's already taken care of.  I think this is a pretty good prediction of future heroes.

I'm happy Honorary Avenger has a picture of a Nova in there.  It's Sam Alexander, which is my least favorite Nova character, but I'm still happy to see my favorite hero franchise represented.  I'd be excited to see Kamala's deck have some of the Champions characters as allies in there.

"

History

A female Skrull alien named De'Lila who was an empath, a shape-shifter, and a telepath managed to capture the true Fantastic Four. Pretending to be Susan Richards she convinced Wolverine, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Ghost Rider to form a New Fantastic Four to avenge their "deaths". She sent them to fight the Mole Man so that she could steal a powerful Skrull device that crash landed on Monster Isle. The team briefly regrouped with Sleepwalker instead of Wolverine to fight the reformed Sinister Six. The original members reunited again as the first Secret Defenders at Dr. Strange's request to bring the Human Torch in for arson

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/New_Fantastic_Four_(Earth-616)

and since then, the team-up happens from time to time; i tink last time in one of the new "immortal hulk" storylinie.

( there is some great old artwork out there with them all in f4.uniforms)

Edited by zwara81