TechnoGolem

What heroes do you think we'll get next?

Pretty sure Fantastic Four has not been confirmed to be under FFG's licence. 

Or rather, it might be that they have it (Since Disney/Marvel now have it back) but that FFG might not have approval to include those characters. 

The Fox and Sony deals were for movie rights.  That has nothing to do with licensing their characters for other products or toys.  All that is OBE now that Marvel got the movie rights back for their properties from Fox.  It's really just a question of what FFG is excited to explore and what Marvel wants FFG to push at any given time.  Fantastic Four launched a new comic run and has appeared in both Dice Masters and Legendary.  I'm sure the first family will show up here eventually.  It's just a matter of when and how (hopefully a Galactus box).

Edited by phillos

It makes plenty of sense to focus the game initially on Avengers properties as they’re very much at the forefront when people think Marvel Comics currently. 

If the game is successful, I’ve no doubt the game will expand into other areas.

15 hours ago, phillos said:

The Fox and Sony deals were for movie rights.  That has nothing to do with licensing their characters for other products or toys.  All that is OBE now that Marvel got the movie rights back for their properties from Fox.  It's really just a question of what FFG is excited to explore and what Marvel wants FFG to push at any given time.  Fantastic Four launched a new comic run and has appeared in both Dice Masters and Legendary.  I'm sure the first family will show up here eventually.  It's just a matter of when and how (hopefully a Galactus box).

I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with it, because Marvel is on record as deliberately pushing the characters they have all the rights to over those they do not.  It doesn't directly affect the licensing for other products, but it definitely affects it indirectly.