I remember reading that the 15 Signature Cards was definitely not locked in, but right now for the life of me I can't find it. It might have been the marketing guy in the TC videos, but I can't listen to that now.

But I agree. I think we should definitely expect variation.

4 hours ago, iJiminy said:

Same! We know it's going to be a 60 card pack, and we can account for 47 of those cards. I need to know how they're gonna fill it out. I wonder if those 13 cards will be spread amongst the other Aspects, or if they'll all be Leadership too.

I think the prebuilt decks might br slightly larger than the minimum.

57 minutes ago, Radix2309 said:

I think the prebuilt decks might br slightly larger than the minimum.

It’s possible, but the description specifically says a 40 card deck.

2 hours ago, CitizenKeen said:

I remember reading that the 15 Signature Cards was definitely not locked in, but right now for the life of me I can't find it. It might have been the marketing guy in the TC videos, but I can't listen to that now.

But I agree. I think we should definitely expect variation.

I think the Team Covenant video (from memory) says the opposite. Each hero has a set of cards numbered 1 of 15 to 15 of 15 and you have to take exactly one of each.

So the variation will come in the form of Aspect and Generic cards, with the expansions being playable out of the box I understand why people are concerned about  the possible lack of variation.

1 minute ago, Amanal said:

I think the Team Covenant video (from memory) says the opposite. Each hero has a set of cards numbered 1 of 15 to 15 of 15 and you have to take exactly one of each.

Yes, each of the existing heroes all have 15 signature cards. The question was whether all heroes made in the future will follow that pattern, or do something else? After all, as was mentioned, each of the starting Arkham Horror investigators had 30 card decks with a single signature weakness card, and while most investigators still stay near that, it's not something that's locked in without any variation.

32 minutes ago, Amanal said:

So the variation will come in the form of Aspect and Generic cards, with the expansions being playable out of the box I understand why people are concerned about  the possible lack of variation.

Xelto has it right. I remember reading that each hero will have 15 or more. The five base heroes have 15, but there's no reason that's locked in the future

2 hours ago, cheapmate said:

But unlike the investigators in AH, if a hero comes with more signature cards it will decrease the deck-building options in the form of card slots

Assuming that Hero also doesnt change the deck building rules

37 minutes ago, cheapmate said:

I’m intrigued, how would that work?

It would be written on the hero card, presumably on the alter-ego side. That's what they did in Conquest for warlords who had nonstandard alliance rules.

1 hour ago, Khudzlin said:

It would be written on the hero card, presumably on the alter-ego side. That's what they did in Conquest for warlords who had nonstandard alliance rules.

No, I mean in which way could you alter a hero’s deckbulding rules to prevent the loss of customization when having more signature cards filling your deck?

23 minutes ago, cheapmate said:

No, I mean in which way could you alter a hero’s deckbulding rules to prevent the loss of customization when having more signature cards filling your deck?

You wouldn't. That's the cost of running that hero. A 17 card hero deck is still equally Smash-Up swappable with the other decks, so no worries there. If you want to run no more than 40 cards, two more have been defined for you. But there's probably a reason they did it for thematic reasons.

If Squirrel Girl has fewer than 10 named squirrels in her deck we riot.

8 hours ago, cheapmate said:

They could specify a different deck size on the hero card.

20 hours ago, cheapmate said:

But unlike the investigators in AH, if a hero comes with more signature cards it will decrease the deck-building options in the form of card slots

But at the same time it will give you more unique cards to combo with the aspects and neutrals. Cards that no other hero will have.