Archangelspiv

When you win worlds, what card will you create???

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

Jar-Jar Binks

0 points

SETUP: Discard this card.

Jaj-Jar Binks

9 points

During set up assign the "Yousa saved me" Condition to an enemy ship.

"Yousa saved me" At the start of the combat phase, roll 2 Attack dice and suffer any hits or crits rolled.

Edited by pickirk01

4 minutes ago, pickirk01 said:

Jaj-Jar Binks

9 points

During set up assign the "Yousa saved me" Condition to an enemy ship.

"Yousa saved me" At the start of the combat phase, roll 2 Attack dice and suffer any hits or crits rolled.

Should require the enemy ship to be at range 0 to trigger the effect. Image result for jar jar qui gon

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I actually have an idea for a Twin Laser Turret which I think would be fair, and probably should be added to the game:

Range 2-3, 2 red dice.  No text, just "Attack."  Adds a white rotate action.  The wrinkle: bowtie double-end turret.  Thassit.  Twin means two ends.

This is perfect. Actually, it’s already very in the game too naturally occurring and it’s not broken. Removing the range 1 is nice balance too. Honestly I don’t even think it’d be that expensive IMHO. 

3 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

This is perfect. Actually, it’s already very in the game too naturally occurring and it’s not broken. Removing the range 1 is nice balance too. Honestly I don’t even think it’d be that expensive IMHO. 

They ought release it at is 6 points.

I'm not sure that's the absolutely most fair price, but making TLT cost 6 points for maximum flashback potential is correct.

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I actually have an idea for a Twin Laser Turret which I think would be fair, and probably should be added to the game:

Range 2-3, 2 red dice.  No text, just "Attack."  Adds a white rotate action.  The wrinkle: bowtie double-end turret.  Thassit.  Twin means two ends.

I like it, but would a 270* arc for certain HWK pilot abilities be too much?

Veteran Instincts. 3 Points, 2 charges.

At the start of the Activation phase, you may spend one Charge. If you do, treat your Initiative as 7 until the end of the phase.

Only twice a game, and only works in the Activation phase. Might still be too strong on pilots like Hera.

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

HWK lost the turret slot in the transition to 2.0. Its baseline primary is a single 2 die turret. Moldy Crow adds a 3 die front arc primary.

I have never liked the fact that a ship in X-Wing gets to defend unlimited times with impunity.  When you are fired on by multiple enemies in a short amount of time, odds are either you will be hit by one of them or you will be so distracted that your own offense will suffer due to the numerous evasive maneuvers you need to perform to stay alive.  A couple of wingmen coordinating their attack should be able to work together.  Ship 1 shoots at an enemy from above and to starboard, the enemy jukes down and to port to dodge but ship 2 is waiting with his targeting reticle just down and port of the target ready to blast the distracted enemy.

So this is a rough idea of a type of teamwork mechanic I would like to see...

**Wingman  Talent Slot (limited to 2 per squad)

At the start of the engagement phase, if there are no enemy ships with the Harassed condition, you may choose an enemy ship in your arc at range 1-3 and assign it the "Harassed" condition.  Then gain one Weapons Disabled token.

"Harrassed" - While attacking or defending against a ship with the Wingman Upgrade, you must roll 1 fewer dice or discard one green token assigned to you before rolling dice.  At the end of the End phase, remove this condition.

2 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

It'd sure be strong on Drea Renthal or Kanan Jarrus, but I don't think it'd be too much better than Dorsal or Ion.  Maybe it would, but it'd be interesting to see some playtesting on it.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

It'd sure be strong on Drea Renthal or Kanan Jarrus, but I don't think it'd be too much better than Dorsal or Ion.  Maybe it would, but it'd be interesting to see some playtesting on it.

Kanan is either too expensive or lacks enough force charges, generally, I find. Maybe a double-arc turret would help, but I don’t know...

Edited by SpiderMana

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I've posted them before so I'm sure they'll come as no surprise:

4CkLc4T.jpg  G0AbFIA.jpg

WDVZfL4.png

akwAuW8.png

(Composite Laser Beam should be an unrestricted unique double-slot cannon, but double slots wasn't an option, unfortunately.)

It looks a bit overpowered no matter what, but couldn't the cannon at least say, "You may not make primary attacks"?

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

It looks a bit overpowered no matter what, but couldn't the cannon at least say, "You may not make primary attacks"?

HLC is proof that R2-3 bullseye is pretty lousy, WITHOUT an un-save-able cooldown time OR a lock requirement. What could this actually hit anyway?

4 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

I would bring in squadron mechanics.  Something like if you fly at least 3Z's and 2 Y's you get some bonus.  Or 4 Tie/LN's and 2 Bomber's.  Something to encourage people to mix it up and fly more thematically. 

Wouldn't it discourage mixing it up if beneficial enough? Trying to skip a single Z in favour of a Mining Guild would cut you out of the squadron bonus. This would need to have either really, really casual power level or would cement the meta solid if it's any good.

22 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

A friend in our group said he would like to see opportunist come back to 2.0. With Jedi normally taking a TL, using the force for mods, it could be a way to punish such play. It would be highly circumstantial, but I think a decent way to make people think about their actions. 

What would you bring back or introduce?

For those that are not familiar with Opportunist, if your target doesn’t have green tokens, you roll an extra red die. 

Thank you for recognizing my potential. You are the wind beneath my wings. 

I would go for...

Crew: (Unique) Spring-Missile Boba Fett (single charge) - At the end of the planning phase, spend 1 charge to suffocate your opponent. 

...Or...

Crew: (Unique) Tall Blue Snaggletooth (single charge) - During the system phase, you may spend 1 charge to resurrect Sears. For the remainder of this turn, you may stare longly at their catalogue coveting limited edition things you will never have. 

Posted (edited)

Force power.

"Concentration: (5pts)

While you preform an ability if your active force tokens become 0 you may perform a focus action."

Basically the force slot is almost always empty for me and there are a ton of force abilities that kind of suck because they cost a valuable force token. This kind of makes up for that.

Edited by Icelom