Darth Meanie

Card Packs: What More Could I Want?

Posted (edited)

It's getting harder and harder to think of something I feel is missing in XWM these days.  I can't wait for Chicago winter to set in so I want to play more Xwing. 

Still. . .

Just to dream a little dream,  FFG I really want the Xwing Superweapons expansion, featuring the Bladewing, the Composite Laser Cannon, Suncrusher, antimatter bombs, nuclear missiles, and the Genesis Device (OK, you'll have to call it something else, but you get the idea).

What is everyone else's dream addition to the game, thematically speaking (like, not just a ship, but a concept)?

Edited by Darth Meanie

The one thing conspicuously missing from the card packs (aside from more pilots) was one for new players to get all the generic upgrade cards from the conversion kit. As is, a new player has to go diving through each and everyexpansion to get important cards like Proton Torpedoes, Perceptive Copilot, or Fire Control System.

Posted (edited)

The Force!! Oh wait...

”Lock X-wing in attack position!” Oh wait...

”Angle your deflectors...” oh wait...

Vader fiddling with his fancy targeting computer... (check)

Huge and epic battles are coming...

Environment cards are going to add a breath of fresh air...

I really feel like they’re nailing it in second edition. 

Edited by J1mBob

1 hour ago, Squark said:

The one thing conspicuously missing from the card packs (aside from more pilots) was one for new players to get all the generic upgrade cards from the conversion kit. As is, a new player has to go diving through each and everyexpansion to get important cards like Proton Torpedoes, Perceptive Copilot, or Fire Control System.

Proton Torpedoes are in the Core Set (though I am a little surprised they're not also in the T-65 pack).

Fire Control System is in the B-Wing and TIE Advanced x1 packs, and as far as I can see, the only other ship that can even use it that's been rereleased yet is the U-Wing, which shares the B-Wing's faction.

Perceptive Copilot, though, I'll grant you, because I don't yet see any non-conversion method for Empire or Rebellion to get it, and it's usable on quite a bit.

15 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I’m pretty happy with everything coming for 2.0 combined with what we have. I think the only thing we could be missing is a campaign mode where the outcomes of scenarios persist from one game to the next. 

Isn't that something that's in the Epic Battles expansion?

10 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

Isn't that something that's in the Epic Battles expansion?

Possibly? They have not confirmed as much. We know there are 11 scenarios in the box. We don’t know if they play off each other or if they are all separate games. I’d guess the latter because no mention of a campaign existed in their news so far.

I am thinking something like Corellian Conflict but for xwing.

15 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

Tournament support for epic... Fingers crossed

There will be some at worlds....

Although, my challenge back to this is Is rather not. The last thing epic needs are people number crunching it into a metawing like standard. I like OP support for epic events. I dislike the idea of making it competitive because otherwise it just becomes standard with other pieces.

I’d love to see an official X-wing AI (free) to go with campaign sets. The AI could just be part of an X-wing campaign app. (I think there’s something along these lines for Imperial Assault.)

And if I’m super dreaming, some sort of base used for campaign missions with places to dock ships. It doesn’t have to be enormous, maybe the size of an epic ship, but more round/square. (More epic ships that launch small ships are also welcome.)

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Platform5_1_1.png

Anything other than the quad cannons on the outer sections to aid with size assessment? Just going by those (if they are the same size as the ones on the modified and scavenged YT-1300s) one would take up roughly half a 6' x 3' gaming area.

Edited by Hiemfire

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Anything other than the quad cannons on the outer sections to aid with size assessment? Just going by those (if they are the same size as the ones on the modified and scavenged YT-1300s) one would take up roughly half a 6' x 3' gaming area.

Hm...from what I remember of the Sabra and the Selu docking with one, that sounds about right (at least with a sliding scale).

I wouldn't mind it being enormous.

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Yeah, see I think I’d prefer something that looks like that, but is sized with the central control pod there being roughly the size of a Falcon. I think FFG could price this then like an epic ship.

7 minutes ago, dadocollin said:

Yeah, see I think I’d prefer something that looks like that, but is sized with the central control pod there being roughly the size of a Falcon. I think FFG could price this then like an epic ship.

I don't have an issue with how it looks. I'm just concerned about how large/expensive the "mini" would be if it was made to the scale it looks to be. :) A smaller scale version I would be fine with.

19 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I don't have an issue with how it looks. I'm just concerned about how large/expensive the "mini" would be if it was made to the scale it looks to be. :) A smaller scale version I would be fine with.

Yeah, realistically they'd need a smaller version.  But seeing as how it's unlikely to ever get made anyway, may as well dream big!

Though, another option may be to do playmats of certain things like stations or capital ships, with some components on top representing the bits that can actually be interacted with.  Then, if you didn't have the mat, you could still use the components on a normal mat; it just wouldn't look as nice.

4 hours ago, dadocollin said:

And if I’m super dreaming, some sort of base used for campaign missions with places to dock ships. It doesn’t have to be enormous, maybe the size of an epic ship, but more round/square. (More epic ships that launch small ships are also welcome.)

Actually, screw what I said at the top.  This is my #1 choice!!