Sign in to follow this  
SkyCake

piett and ravager

While I am shooting with a ship I decide to spend a cf token and by doing so ravage ability lets me add a die.. at the same time, im only using the cf token to resolve the command so if I tap Piett, he should allow me to resolve the command as the dial, so then can I add another die? one for ravage and one for CF dial through Piett ability??

thanks

SSD Assault Prototype, Piett, Ravager, Director Krennic, Commander Vanto, Agent Kallus, Gunnery Teams, LTTs.

A better way is to plot CF commands gaining a CF token with the huge ship rule. Vanto then gets you any other token that Piett turns into a full command Dial. This is like having a Navigation Officer, Engineering Captain and Tactical Expert all rolled into one.

Shoot a ship with 5 red dice at long range. Add one for CF dial and another for CF token using Ravager. Krennic gets you rerolls of any and then reroll another two and then LTT lets you reroll a final red. 

Against squadrons your red dice gets a reroll from the LTT and you can really victimise one poor sucker adding 2 red for LTT and another two red with CF dial and token then assuming not at close range reroll with Krennic and then with LTT, ok yes and Kallus may get you an extra dice. Buy-buy Jan at long range from in the middle of 4 X-Wings. 

Question: have I got Krennic right? I can reroll say 5 blank red dice and I then have 2 blank red results so I reroll those leaving one blank result that the LTT can reroll. Krennic can let you reroll a dice twice from just his effect (if you do CF dial & token)

On 8/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, Mad Cat said:

SSD Assault Prototype, Piett, Ravager, Director Krennic, Commander Vanto, Agent Kallus, Gunnery Teams, LTTs.

A better way is to plot CF commands gaining a CF token with the huge ship rule. Vanto then gets you any other token that Piett turns into a full command Dial. This is like having a Navigation Officer, Engineering Captain and Tactical Expert all rolled into one.

Shoot a ship with 5 red dice at long range. Add one for CF dial and another for CF token using Ravager. Krennic gets you rerolls of any and then reroll another two and then LTT lets you reroll a final red. 

Against squadrons your red dice gets a reroll from the LTT and you can really victimise one poor sucker adding 2 red for LTT and another two red with CF dial and token then assuming not at close range reroll with Krennic and then with LTT, ok yes and Kallus may get you an extra dice. Buy-buy Jan at long range from in the middle of 4 X-Wings. 

Question: have I got Krennic right? I can reroll say 5 blank red dice and I then have 2 blank red results so I reroll those leaving one blank result that the LTT can reroll. Krennic can let you reroll a dice twice from just his effect (if you do CF dial & token)

Yes. If you spend a dial and token, you can reroll any and two (both of Krennics effect). And you can reroll the same die as many times as you have effects for it (ohh, the fun when 3 Bomber Command Centers worked... 😁).

Krennic seems a bit broken if you get to reroll all your red dice and then re roll 2 more. The card seems to have two distinct sentences, one for the dial and one for the token, can they be used in the same attack?

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Krennic seems a bit broken if you get to reroll all your red dice and then re roll 2 more. The card seems to have two distinct sentences, one for the dial and one for the token, can they be used in the same attack?

Yes, they can.

As long as you are following the rules for Dial+Token Resolution

It is powerful, but its on the Swingiest Dice, only applicable at Long ot Medium, Takes 8 Points *and* And officer slot, and requires you to be Confiring with both a Dial and a Token, and typically, Confire is considered the weakest of the Commands for Effect by top-level players.  (YMMV of course)

It's a **** of an upgrade if it can, it makes it better than Cakin and Sholin (sp) and even Ordnance Experts. It's a nail on for SSD's and Cymoons.

7 hours ago, Phil B said:

It's a **** of an upgrade if it can, it makes it better than Cakin and Sholin (sp) and even Ordnance Experts. It's a nail on for SSD's and Cymoons.

As @Drasnighta said: It is an officer slot (high contested). He cost 8 points (more than Cakin and OE, and the 3rd most expensive officer), You have to spend dial and token for the full effect (not so easy on ships other than the SSD), it is not working on short distance.

I can see him on an SSD, if you have a free officer slot (rather rarely). But on a Cymoon? With SA and Pryce fighting for the seat most of the time? Along with Intel Officer and Tua as well in the competition? I don't think you will see him this often on a Cymoon. I would expect him more often on an Arquitens than on a Cymoon 😉.

He is absolut ok (imo).