TauntaunScout

Tauntauns/Veterans are actually out?

37 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

... How many did you buy?

I was good! One of each! After they're painted I'll buy them singly as I paint, till I max out the force org chart. Then probably a squad of not-Hoth tauntauns for 4, and a box for homebrew hero conversion of Hoth and not-Hoth for a total of 5 tauntaun boxes, 6 vets. But that's a ways out.

My painting is occupied by a 1990's Bretonnian army. Once it's a strong 1000 (5th edition) point collection (so more like 1200 before upgrades) I'll go taunwild on Star Wars stuff again.

2 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

I was good! One of each! After they're painted I'll buy them singly as I paint, till I max out the force org chart. Then probably a squad of not-Hoth tauntauns for 4, and a box for homebrew hero conversion of Hoth and not-Hoth for a total of 5 tauntaun boxes, 6 vets. But that's a ways out.

My painting is occupied by a 1990's Bretonnian army. Once it's a strong 1000 (5th edition) point collection (so more like 1200 before upgrades) I'll go taunwild on Star Wars stuff again.

The tauntauns are smaller than I thought they would be. For some reason in my head they were ginormous. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 3:04 PM, Derrault said:

The tauntauns are smaller than I thought they would be. For some reason in my head they were ginormous. 

Every time I watch Empire Strikes Back, I am surprised at how small the Taun-tauns are. I think it's because the toy back in the 80's was bigger than it should have been. 

Edited by Gullwind

I’m for sure in for a Vets package. I probably will wait on the tauntauns for now just because I really need corps units and I’m pretty set on support.

After Vets and the landspeeder, I’m going to sit and wait for Republic.

8 hours ago, syrath said:

Got 3_of each now. Just finishing off painting the third in a non hoth style 

You’re going to make me jealous!

I have my first set assembled to prime today. 

Luckily I have a large credit at the gaming store so my several boxes aren’t a monetary concern. 

18 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

The "delays" were the Downed AT-ST getting release one or two weeks later than when people thought it would be released.

I believe you mean about a month later.

And yeah, I picked up my Vets on Friday.  Slowly painting them up now.  Finished up one of the Mk. II gunners first as a proof of concept.

IMG_20190803_103430987

Ooh, shiny Hoth rebels!

...but aniron, you haven't even begun painting your aftermarket Hoth rebels yet, heck you haven't even received that Hoth Han and Leia you ordered yet.

Shuuuush, look at the shiny Hoth rebels!

3 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Perhaps memories of playing with tauntaun vehicle and action figures from back in the day coloured your perception?

I think it’s cause most people don’t see any tauntauns in person after like age 7. So in your memory they’re huge. But really you were just smaller then. Since I still work with live tauntauns everyday, the sizing of the models didn’t surprise me. 

32 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I think it’s cause most people don’t see any tauntauns in person after like age 7. So in your memory they’re huge. But really you were just smaller then. Since I still work with live tauntauns everyday, the sizing of the models didn’t surprise me. 

Thats how i was with the landspeeder. I drive and park one every day, same size as always

10 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

I believe you mean about a month later.

And yeah, I picked up my Vets on Friday.  Slowly painting them up now.  Finished up one of the Mk. II gunners first as a proof of concept.

IMG_20190803_103430987

Looks amazing!! Cannot wait to paint my Tauntauns and Vets. The face bandanna on the gunner and the 2nd rider is so cool. I think you nailed it, black is the way to go for that 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

67832566_2408273942789451_36780781110286

I really like the way your snow looks. Mind sharing how you did it?The painting looks excellent too!

Edited by Draycos